By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Walmart and Nintendo shall pay.

So, you're saying that your WiiU console came with scratches and scuff marks out of the box?  If so, then yeah, that sucks.  I'm the same way about keeping brand new items (particularly tech) looking immaculate as long as possible, as I'm a sucker for nice aesthetics.

However, my WiiU looks flawless and I love the glossy finish on the console.  The controller, on the other hand, is certainly a fingerprint magnet, but damn, it looks nice.

My pics havent been uploading but it should show now.  But yes, out the box surface scatches and scuffs on the bottom of the system.

Around the Network

Good luck with that and if it works can you get Walmart to give me a gamecube that isn't broken thanks.

dahuman said:
How is that Nintendo's fault? o_O; sounds like straight up Walmart problem lol. Oh and I checked with the Gamestops around my area just for shits and giggles, they only have like 2-4 extras per store, so Walmart actually has more lol.

my target had 20 in all 10 preorder

dahuman said:
Izo said:
dahuman said:
How is that Nintendo's fault? o_O; sounds like straight up Walmart problem lol. Oh and I checked with the Gamestops around my area just for shits and giggles, they only have like 2-4 extras per store, so Walmart actually has more lol.

Well then it's Nintendos fault for shipping such a pathetic amount. I was the 7th person in line and the last. Almost no one was there and I still got nothing.

It will go like this. Someone will say it's not so and so companies fault this happened. Then I will say well I always buy things new and stay loyal and shop repeadtly at the same places because thats how I am. Then they will say that it does not matter you didn't get in line in time. I will end this back and forth with the simple statement that if my years of dedication to so and so company does not matter then they will never get my money again.

no gamestop at your area? that sucks dood. :(

If American GameStop clerks are as polite and competent as the Italian ones (the first time I found a polite and competent one, my jaw dropped for the susprise  ) he risked being misdirected even worse!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

LOL I knoe, ryt?

It remins me of the Super Bowl episode of the Simpsons, where Homer waited two nights in line and the one guy before him buys all the tickets with no money. ha ha ah :)

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

Well, now that news has come that Reggie claims WiiU sold 400,000 in the first week, do you still think it was undershipped. I'm guessing they were not anticipating as big of a turnout as the Wii.

To me though, given the history of these console releases (especially from N64 on), why would they think that?
I would have expected that they would have shipped at least 500,000 for week one (tis the season as well)...
but what do you think?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Walmart was to busy worrying about firing their striking non-union employees to care about you. Sorry.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

See this is why I'm glad I'm waiting 6 months to pick up the Wii U, unlike I did for the Gamecube and Wii.

Train wreck said:

I just purchased my Wii u from walmart (my non preordered one) and i definatly do not blame Walmart for this but the glossy finish that Nintendo choose for the Wii U was definatly a mistake.  I mentioned this back in september and not even putting the system on the ground this early morning, I took the tape off and on the back there were already scratches and scruff marks all over the bottom of the system (bottom left pictured).  Now you are going to have those who dont care but I like to maintain a level of refinment for the consoles I but and this to me is unacceptable.  Someone should not have green flagged this move.

Well, it's the same with the original PS3, Black Wii and Xbox 360 Slim 250GB models.....

Stop hating and start playing.

So Nintendo delivered after all. Lucky you.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.