By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 shipments reach 70 million, PlayStation Move ships 15 million

Sales within a few hundred thousand now, very interesting. Even with a year's head start and almost half the price, Xbox looks to lose their sales lead on PS3 by next year. Unless Xbox manages to take over the holiday season, then it might be a few more months. But they're basically tied now, and it's a testament to how well hardware redesigns, the PS+ program, and [fairly] competent marketing can work. The PS3 once looked to finish far behind the pack, yet here we are. I'm beginning to wonder how close its lifetime sales will be to Wii when it's all said and done years from now. This has certainly been a surprising generation for sales with the initial Wii explosion (pun intended), steady X360 sales, and steadily rising PS3 sales. I'm not sure anyone would have predicted that none would reach 100M, yet all would be over 70M sold.

Around the Network

Holy shit, the gap is pretty much gone!

Gz Sony

D-D-D-D-D-Damage Control!

Thread went as youd expect it would on VGChartz.

Gratz, Sony. You did well.

Move - 15 Million
Kinect - 20 Million

Whod have thought they would be so close considering the media love and lies that came with Kinect?

Interesting to see if Wonderbook will be a Million seller.

Who are buying the Playstation Moves? That's what i'm wondering...

Around the Network

When the hell is the site going to update with this info lol

Does this mean we can create a thread comparing X360 Sept numbers with Sony's Nov numbers? You know, much like that thread a month ago comparing 360's Sept shipped with PS3's March 2012 numbers. That one got a few surprise posts. And the damage control in here is hilarious!

PS Move must be very popular in some places which we still dont know yet.... I live in Netherlands and the Media Markt almost completely remove the shelf space for MOVE and its softwares. (And same as KINECT....)

Carl2291 said:
Move - 15 Million
Kinect - 20 Million

Whod have thought they would be so close considering the media love and lies that came with Kinect?

Kinect shipment was end of sept,before holiday

Carl2291 said:
Move - 15 Million
Kinect - 20 Million

Well its metacritic is 72 from 15 reviews, although it has a favourable Gamespot review http://uk.gamespot.com/wonderbook-book-of-spells/videos/wonderbook-book-of-spells-video-review-6399870/

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.