By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 shipments reach 70 million, PlayStation Move ships 15 million

Carl2291 said:
noname2200 said:

And you think the PS3 and 360 are going to shift an average of 12 million or so over the next three years?

No. Im thinking another 2 Years of meaningful sales.

Im guessing both PS3 and 360 will be sitting at or around 75 Million shipped by January. That would leave 20-35 Million over the next 2 meaningful Years and dwindling Years after.

Pricecuts to counter WiiU will keep sales steady next Year until X3/PS4 (If they do indeed release next Year). Both should be easily hitting 10 Million units. Software next Year looks pretty good, while '12 was honestly rubbish.

Worst case scenario, IMO, for 2013 would be 10 Million each. Would leave them at ~85 Million. 5-20 Million after that, Id have thought would be easily attainable.

Both will have great legs. Support will continue to be there. The 360 will become the cheap "go to" console much like PS2 did in NA for the new generation. PS3 will continue to do well in emerging markets and Europe.

And people thought I was crazy when I said PS3 would sell 100m lol

Around the Network
Turkish said:

I still do.

noname2200 said:
Turkish said:

I still do.

well that's because you are a nintendo fan mate, ps3 will reach 90 - 100m lifetime I guarantee that!

Yeah, The only way the PS3 wont reach 100 million is if Sony pulls it from the market within the first couple of years after introducing the PS4.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

What an amazing achievement that will be. All three of your home consoles reaching 100 million. Incredible.

Around the Network
TrevDaRev said:
What an amazing achievement that will be. All three of your home consoles reaching 100 million. Incredible.

I have a feeling the 360 will end up short of 100M.  However, it should get pretty damn close.  I'd guess ~95M, depending on how well MS supports it after the NeXbox releases.

thismeintiel said:
TrevDaRev said:

I have a feeling the 360 will end up short of 100M.  However, it should get pretty damn close.  I'd guess ~95M, depending on how well MS supports it after the NeXbox releases.

Like you said it all comes down to how MS supports it, I don't think they'll drop support for the 360 as quick as they did with the original Xbox. So it should definitely get 90 plus million. The PS3 could hit the heights of 115 million.