By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 shipments reach 70 million, PlayStation Move ships 15 million

I think the more impressive information is the 15 million moves. Move doesn't really have any sort of software for it to have sold that many, so that's impressive.

Around the Network
Panama said:
I think the more impressive information is the 15 million moves. Move doesn't really have any sort of software for it to have sold that many, so that's impressive.

The question is if those 15 million units include the navigation addon. AFAIK Sony included them in the Move numbers in older PR.

To Pezus:

I am not sure if they knew the price because now i cannot find that chart. I think the prediction/forecast was based on the fanbase and market share of PS2 and XBOX. But I remember that forecast was made in 2007. (I might be wrong.)

I am not trolling PS3, but I don't agree that people always emphasize the tough start of PS3 and ignore the difficulty for Microsoft to expand their XBOX brand from the ruins.

pezus said:
Legend11 said:
The number is lower than I expected considering Microsoft has very likely shipped at least 72.5 million at this point based on previous years and factoring in a decline.

2.5m in a month, and October at that? Nope, don't think so.

OT: Great sales. Not long now until they surpass 360. Won't be this quarter, but they have a chance during the next two quarters and I think they'll manage it.

Last year Microsoft shipped 7.52 million 360s from October-December...  Even assuming they're down significantly it's hard to imagine that they haven't shipped at least 2.5 million by the middle of the quarter considering Black Friday, etc...

Panama said:

killzone 3 and infamous 2 are fully playable with move. any big games like that that could be fully played with kinect?

Around the Network

I think it is the time for every gamers to celebrate for the first time all gaming consoles passed the 70m mark. We are not sure if this will happen again in the next gen. So cheer up, guys~!

It should do well this holidays. I would say the PS3 would outship the 360 by the time Last of Us, and GTA 5 are released and done.

zhao3gold said:
To Pezus:

I am not sure if they knew the price because now i cannot find that chart. I think the prediction/forecast was based on the fanbase and market share of PS2 and XBOX. But I remember that forecast was made in 2007. (I might be wrong.)

I am not trolling PS3, but I don't agree that people always emphasize the tough start of PS3 and ignore the difficulty for Microsoft to expand their XBOX brand from the ruins.

The original Xbox lost a lot of money but it didn't "fail"  or was in "ruins" since MS achieved two very important things with it: 1. Xbox live services and store and 2. It established the xbox brand as the Halo/Shooter multiplayer box.

To Rafux:

XBOX didn't fail? This is the first time for me hear it. It was only sold 24m WW and discontinued in its 4th year life. It established some remarkable brand values in USA, but in the rest of word, it was nothing. It lost tons of money and even inside Microsoft there were people against to continue the gaming business.

In this situation, can you image how difficlut for Microsoft to expand XBOX360 in the beginning?

The tough start is not only for SONY/PS3, but also for Microsoft/360. So, don't only look at the one year lead start of XBOX360.

Congrats to sony and the PS3 :D