By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 shipments reach 70 million, PlayStation Move ships 15 million

Mmmfishtacos said:
Good job Sony and the ps3. The amount of butt hurt in this thread is amazing. Why can't you people be happy or just discuss your hate for everything Sony some where else. Are you mad the ps3 isn't the next dreamcast? And they remain relevant in video games?

Well there is a lot of elements to there trip to 70m. To ignore all that is really a great way for people to put there head in the sand. Great for sony they reached 70m million shipped. Don't talk about how they did it or what is involved because it might hurt ps3 fans feelings. Thats why we can't talk about that because facts matter and also hurt.

70m is great milestone. Now personally I want sony to succeed to create competition and bring my price's down for my nintendo/MS purchases.

O yea it is looking more likely that sony is going to be the next dreamcast. So I wouldn't go gloating.  One more credit downgrade and it might be all over. Which non of us that want cheap price's want. So don't just assume you now the answer to why people are bringing up sony's massive smoking pile of financial disaster they have created for them selfs. 70m is great but not when you look at the money they lost. Look I talked sh-t on MS last time around for stupid decisions. Not on this site but I was the first to call them out.

Around the Network
spaceguy said:
Euphoria14 said:
bannedagain said:
Naum said:
So about:

360: 72 million shipped ( sold by MS )
360: 70 million sold to consumers (VGchartz)

PS3: 70 million shipped (sold by Sony)
PS3: 68.3 million sold (VGchartz)

?

Xbox shipped numbers have nothing to do with sony shipped. The mod said we can't go off topic. LOL sorry but I had to.

Hey mod, mod this too then. Xbox shipped is not ps3 shipped. We don't want to go off topic.

JUST LET PEOPLE TALK.  WOW IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK FOR? No need to reply, I won't be back for a while, just stopped in to  check numbers and remember why people are not coming here and why so many that where great on this site left.

You missed the point entirely. The issue was with making the discussion about credit ratings and overall company losses. If you took the time to read the thread you would have realized that number comparisons between the consoles were going on from the start without issue.

You're both just embarassing yourselves now.

By the way, looking at the bottom of my screen we have 182 members online and 1,969 lurkers. Sure, it ain't NeoGAF numbers, but who is?

Pretty sure he said he left.

Oh yea I'm embarassed. GFYS!!!! do you know what that means buddy. Figure it out.

Hey your off topic. Why are you derailing the thread?

Cause saying, 70m yaaaaa, only last so long.

I am pretty sure I know what that means.

Real mature though. Unfortunately i'm not gonna bite and i'm just going to stop reponding from here on out.

Good day sir.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

spaceguy said:
Turkish said:
Congrats to Sony for selling 70m with the most expensive console and coming out a year late. From haters claiming it to be 2nd Dreamcast to a success story. No one expected this 5 years ago and I'm sure it will stop selling around 100m.

Sony is in the dumps right now. I'm not sure how you can call it a success. S&P just lowered there credit rating to one above total sh-t. So I think you need to look into the numbers again. However your having a hard time understanding these numbers. So just keep thinking everything is cool. Sony is going down in flames and your happy about that?

He obviously is celebrating PS3 sales (this is a ps3 sales thread). Not about their credit rating.

I think you have a hard time understanding the topic of this thread. Maybe you aren't intelligent enough to understand it. Maybe you just want to bait-troll.

"Sony is going down in flames and your happy about that?" We're happy because Sony has shipped 70 m. I'll repeat: aren't you intelligent enough to understand it?

JazzyJeez said:
What's disturbing both of them guys in their 30's.

Yes I'm in my 30's and Like to look at the whole picture.  I also own my  house and 3 cars and live in a rich area of lake county IL.  So why is that disturbing?

See when I look at my sales, I like to see profit, not massive financial disaster or I couldn't live where i do or how I do.  Maybe thats the problem, I'm a business man and understand the implications better then you do.

Whats disturbing is the denial of sony's mess they have made and the focus on shipments and not the whole story.

or are you saying that it's disturbing that I'm a gamer at 30? People who make your games are gamers and are old.  Wow can't wait until your 30 and see where you end up ignoring all the facts. LOL 

spaceguy said:
Turkish said:
Congrats to Sony for selling 70m with the most expensive console and coming out a year late. From haters claiming it to be 2nd Dreamcast to a success story. No one expected this 5 years ago and I'm sure it will stop selling around 100m.

Sony is in the dumps right now. I'm not sure how you can call it a success. S&P just lowered there credit rating to one above total sh-t. So I think you need to look into the numbers again. However your having a hard time understanding these numbers. So just keep thinking everything is cool. Sony is going down in flames and your happy about that?

I'm not sure if you're following me. The PS3 sold 70m, being the most expensive console and against everyones expectations. Sony posted a profit in the PS division and soon the whole company will go in the black. Kaz restructering works and I'm not sure if you're seeing that.

Around the Network

Congrats again on Sony for selling 70m ps3s. I'm still sticking to my prediction that it will sell 100m when its all said and done.

spaceguy said:
JazzyJeez said:

Yes I'm in my 30's and Like to look at the whole picture.  I also own my  house and 3 cars and live in a rich area of lake county IL.  So why is that disturbing?

See when I look at my sales, I like to see profit, not massive financial disaster or I couldn't live where i do or how I do.  Maybe thats the problem, I'm a business man and understand the implications better then you do.

Whats disturbing is the denial of sony's mess they have made and the focus on shipments and not the whole story.

or are you saying that it's disturbing that I'm a gamer at 30? People who make your games are gamers and are old.  Wow can't wait until your 30 and see where you end up ignoring all the facts. LOL 

I'll just reply this once because I don't want to keep off topic, age as a gamer was not the reason I said that, and personally I think it's great, I know plenty of colleagues who are in their 50's who game which they don't get shit for, but they would if they posted like a child to try and provoke someone into an arguement.

Edit: I understand your points, and I actually agree with most of them, but this thread isn't for that.

Laurel Aitken said:
spaceguy said:
Turkish said:

He obviously is celebrating PS3 sales (this is a ps3 sales thread). Not about their credit rating.

I think you have a hard time understanding the topic of this thread. Maybe you aren't intelligent enough to understand it. Maybe you just want to bait-troll.

"Sony is going down in flames and your happy about that?" We're happy because Sony has shipped 70 m. I'll repeat: aren't you intelligent enough to understand it?

credit rating = profitability = sales = shipments

this does tie in, just not to people who don't want to hear the the facts and the truth. Sony is in financial disaster.

Maybe you are all to imature to talk about sony sales in great detail. You want to hear the good and that is it.

JazzyJeez said:
spaceguy said:
JazzyJeez said:

I'll just reply this once because I don't want to keep off topic, age as a gamer was not the reason I said that, and personally I think it's great, I know plenty of colleagues who are in their 50's who game which they don't get shit for, but they would if they posted like a child to try and provoke someone into an arguement.

I just brought up there credit rating and what got them to 70m and how. Is that childish or is it relevant. It's very relevant. Childish is taking the facts you like and not looking at the rest. 

I got flammed for saying what all you sony fans didn't want to hear. I ask, who is childish?

more than 595m s/ware as of 30th sept 2012,i assume that is shipped,i have always been critical of under tracking PS3 s/ware but thats not too bad right,what vgc says 592m or something but i think they have adjusted it in the last year maybe,not sure

a good milestone 70m shipped

as of nov 4th,do they ship every week then sony or monthly how do they work these figures or is it in quarters i guess,how many does these leave on the shelves for chrimbo

pretty good for move £15m units the argument we have over move doesn't really matter as it's all sales to sony it's not as if move s/ware rockets off the shelves.it's all sold navs,move kits,dildos or whatever unless i am mistaken

Above & Beyond