By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 shipments reach 70 million, PlayStation Move ships 15 million

spaceguy said:
Turkish said:
Congrats to Sony for selling 70m with the most expensive console and coming out a year late. From haters claiming it to be 2nd Dreamcast to a success story. No one expected this 5 years ago and I'm sure it will stop selling around 100m.

Sony is in the dumps right now. I'm not sure how you can call it a success. S&P just lowered there credit rating to one above total sh-t. So I think you need to look into the numbers again. However your having a hard time understanding these numbers. So just keep thinking everything is cool. Sony is going down in flames and your happy about that?

When did this topic become about SONY financials and not that PS3 hit a milestone?

The sour grapes in this thread is phenominal. Someone says something positive and BAM, someone comes in and shits all over it with off topic drivel. That's like going into the 70M 360 milestone thread and saying "Who cares? Entertainment division still had Kin, Zune & WP7 fall on their faces and Surface isn't starting off too hot. Look at the overall picture for the division instead of just the XBox360."

It doesn't happen because it's not the topic at hand. It is merely a diversion to change focus away from the actual story and it's quite annoying because it kills any reasonable discussion. Just look at this thread as a perfect example.

Want to talk about the credit rating being lowered? We have a thread for that.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149706&page=1

Discussing SONY financials and how they are are as a whole losing money? Yup, we have a thread for that too.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149329&page=1

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
spaceguy said:
Turkish said:
Congrats to Sony for selling 70m with the most expensive console and coming out a year late. From haters claiming it to be 2nd Dreamcast to a success story. No one expected this 5 years ago and I'm sure it will stop selling around 100m.

Sony is in the dumps right now. I'm not sure how you can call it a success. S&P just lowered there credit rating to one above total sh-t. So I think you need to look into the numbers again. However your having a hard time understanding these numbers. So just keep thinking everything is cool. Sony is going down in flames and your happy about that?

When did this topic become about SONY financials and not that PS3 hit a milestone?

The sour grapes in this thread is phenominal. Someone says something positive and BAM, someone comes in and shits all over it with off topic drivel. That's like going into the 70M 360 milestone thread and saying "Who cares? Entertainment division still had Kin, Zune & WP7 fall on their faces and Surface isn't starting off too hot. Look at the overall picture for the division instead of just the XBox360."

It doesn't happen because it's not the topic at hand. It is merely a diversion to change focus away from the actual story and it's quite annoying because it kills any reasonable discussion. Just look at this thread as a perfect example.

there sales have everything to do with there earnings.  Sony can sell as many as they like, if they are making nothing, then how is that a success story. Also sony's ps3 has lost more money then they made off of the ps2,ps1 combined. So I get it, when it comes to sony we have to look at only the positive and not bring up the pink elepant in the room.

spaceguy said:
Euphoria14 said:
spaceguy said:
Turkish said:

there sales have everything to do with there earnings.  Sony can sell as many as they like, if they are making nothing. Also sony on the ps3 has lost more money on ps3 then they made of the ps2,ps1 combined. So I get it, when it comes to sony we have to look at only the positive and not bring up the pink elepant in the room.

You might be correct, but still, you're bringing up things that have nothing to do with the topic at hand, which is that PS3 has passed 70M shipped, Move has passed 15M shipped and they have sold ~600M units of software.

Where in the statement by SONY Japan is anything that you just mentioned? It has nothing to do with not wanting to bring up the pink elephant in the room. It all has to do with staying on topic.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
spaceguy said:
Euphoria14 said:
spaceguy said:
Turkish said:

there sales have everything to do with there earnings.  Sony can sell as many as they like, if they are making nothing. Also sony on the ps3 has lost more money on ps3 then they made of the ps2,ps1 combined. So I get it, when it comes to sony we have to look at only the positive and not bring up the pink elepant in the room.

You might be correct, but still, you're bringing up things that have nothing to do with the topic at hand, which is that PS3 has passed 70M shipped, Move has passed 15M shipped and they have sold ~600M units of software.

Where in the statement by SONY Japan is anything that you just mentioned?

Shipments have to do with sales, sales have to do with earnings. You don't have to make much of a jump . This is a sales dicussion isn't it?

This is the flip of the coin. Sony shipped 70m. Big deal, you lost your a-- doing it.  And you got people jumping up and down in the thread that don't understand there might not be a sony if this continues. 

So you want people to come in here and not talk about how the shipments got there what happened and what went wrong or didn't got wrong.

Sorry, oh how great, sony reached 70m, o my god I thought it would never happen. Is that the only response you want to hear. Then you should tell on everyone that wants to talk about the math that made it happen.

Shippments have everthing to do with sales and it's earnings. Its the whole point there in business. Not to make sony fans happy that they shipped 70m. Ask the share holders if they only want to talk about shipped numbers. Right because all of it goes hand in hand.

Sorry but there finance's has everything to do with this thread. It completes the story of how they got to 70m shipped.

spaceguy said:
Euphoria14 said:
spaceguy said:
Turkish said:

there sales have everything to do with there earnings.  Sony can sell as many as they like, if they are making nothing, then how is that a success story. Also sony's ps3 has lost more money then they made off of the ps2,ps1 combined. So I get it, when it comes to sony we have to look at only the positive and not bring up the pink elepant in the room.

There are threads for the pink elephant, this is one to celebrate a milestone in sales.  Turkish said some stuff that lead into your posts, but you seem to have no intention of discussing the thread at hand so leave.

Around the Network
spaceguy said:
Euphoria14 said:

Shipments have to do with sales, sales have to do with earnings. You don't have to make much of a jump . This is a sales dicussion isn't it?

This is the flip of the coin. Sony shipped 70m. Big deal, you lost your a-- doing it.  And you got people jumping up and down in the thread that don't understand there might not be a sony if this continues. 

So you want people to come in here and not talk about how the shipments got there what happened and what went wrong.

Sorry, oh how great, sony reached 70m, o my god I thought it would never happen. Is that the only response you want to hear. Then you should tell on everyone that wants to talk about the math that made it happen.

Shippments have everthing to do with sales a it's earnings. Its the whole point there in business. Not to make sony fans happy that they shipped 70m. Ask the share holders if they only want to talk about shipped numbers. Right because all of it goes hand in hand.

Sorry but there finance's has everything to do with this thread. It completes the story of how they got to 70m shipped.

This is a discussion about current PS3 hardware, software and accessory numbers. Not credit scores or divisions outside of Playstation. What does credit ratings being dropped have to do with how PS3 shipped 70M? How do dimishing TV sales have anything to do with PS3 shipping 70M? Consumer demand and expansion to new markets are what has to do with that.

I already linked to the threads which are on the topics of those you wish to discuss.

I'm not going to continue this though. I stand by what I say and i'm going to try and get back on topic now.

Currently playing:

Torillian said:
spaceguy said:
Euphoria14 said:
spaceguy said:
Turkish said:

There are threads for the pink elephant, this is one to celebrate a milestone in sales.  Turkish said some stuff that lead into your posts, but you seem to have no intention of discussing the thread at hand so leave.

Yea bro don't talk about sales in a sales dicussion even though you did bring up points in the post, the mod will not accept that . LOL Watch out you pissed off a sony moderator. 

And Why I don't much come onto this site. Yet another reason moderators of this site use there biasism to there advantage.

Good for sony, they reached 70m. Lets not talk about anything else. the moderator said above not too.

bannedagain said:

Yea bro don't talk about sales in a sales dicussion even though you did bring up points in the post, the mod will not accept that . LOL Watch out you pissed off a sony moderator. 

And Why I don't much come onto this site. Yet another reason moderators of this site use there biasism to there advantage.

Good for sony, they reached 70m. Lets not talk about anything else. the moderator said above not too.

Are you saying you don't have a place to talk about Sony's financial woes?  Would you like me to give you a link or two so you can go discuss what you actually want to?  

bannedagain said:

He didn't say that. Spaceguy was talking about areas outside of Playstation and S&P lowering SONY's credit rating, which are clearly off-topic and have zero to do with the actual subject matter within the OP.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
spaceguy said:
Euphoria14 said:

So you want people to come in here and not talk about how the shipments got there what happened and what went wrong.

Shippments have everthing to do with sales a it's earnings. Its the whole point there in business. Not to make sony fans happy that they shipped 70m. Ask the share holders if they only want to talk about shipped numbers. Right because all of it goes hand in hand.

This is a discussion about current PS3 hardware, software and accessory numbers. Not credit scores or divisions outside of Playstation. What does credit ratings being dropped have to do with how PS3 shipped 70M? How do dimishing TV sales have anything to do with PS3 shipping 70M? Consumer demand and expansion to new markets are what has to do with that.

I already linked to the threads which are on the topics of those you wish to discuss.

I'm not going to continue this though. I stand by what I say and i'm going to try and get back on topic now.

Yep, credit ratings effect all those numbers and also the story of the 70m shipped. funny I can understand that but a mod that has banned me in sony threads can't because he is a sony fan.  I'm going back to work, Spaceguy you have fun with this site. If I where you I wouldn't try to explain you self to people who choose sides and then act as if they are for balance. They are not. It's like making a low level employee of the bears, which is a bears fan, a ref in all the games.

Conflict of interest in this site is at the highest I have ever seen it. All the mods come in flaming and pushing there ideas while others get banned. LOL Have fun