By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 shipments reach 70 million, PlayStation Move ships 15 million

Turkish said:
So just before PS4 arrives PS3 should sit around 85m.

Then onward and upward to the big 100 million.

Around the Network

The relevance of PS3 of passing the 360 in the dying ends of this generation is nil, bar some internet forum goers. Not saying it has btw. I think this is just a mere milestone; a great milestone on the face of it but putting everything into perspective, Sony has done terribly compared to last gen. Gratz nevertheless for shipping 70million consoles. Looking forward to the next gen. This gen is already over for me. Fighting over crumbs here in vgcharts..lol

TrevDaRev said:
Turkish said:

Then onward and upward to the big 100 million.

Definetly, PS3 should manage to sell an extra 15m after PS4 comes out, stretching sales over an extra +-3 years.

ImJustBayuum said:
The relevance of PS3 of passing the 360 in the dying ends of this generation is nil, bar some internet forum goers. Not saying it has btw. I think this is just a mere milestone; a great milestone on the face of it but putting everything into perspective, Sony has done terribly compared to last gen. Gratz nevertheless for shipping 70million consoles. Looking forward to the next gen. This gen is already over for me. Fighting over crumbs here in vgcharts..lol

the relevance of ps3 passing the 360 in general is nil except some forum goers

Turkish said:

Doesn't seem likely. If the PS3 releases November next year, then it would need to sell 15m from now to then in order to reach your prediction. The PS3 has never sold 15m/year and its definitely not going to happen in 2013.

Around the Network

Can we all just ignore spaceguy? I mean he should be enjoying his wonderful life in his rich house instead of arguing in gaming forums.

Anyway congrats to Sony for the PS3 turn around, its quite amazing it survived such terrible decisions made in its launch, back in 2007 I though we will never see a PS4.

Jay520 said:
Turkish said:

Doesn't seem likely. If the PS3 releases November next year, then it would need to sell 15m from now to then in order to reach your prediction. The PS3 has never sold 15m/year and its definitely not going to happen in 2013.

Who says it's going to launch in November? Also, it would be less than 15 mil considering the numbers reported were 2 weeks ago... probablly 14.5mil.

Jay520 said:
Turkish said:

Lets say Q1 2014 when PS4 impact is still relatively low. I think its safe to say PS3 will set around 83-85m on Q1 2014, and will keep on selling 15m concurrently with the PS4. As PS3 sales will shift to emerging markets.

Max King of the Wild said:
zuvuyeay said:

a good milestone 70m shipped

as of nov 4th,do they ship every week then sony or monthly how do they work these figures or is it in quarters i guess,how many does these leave on the shelves for chrimbo

They constantly send shipments out on a weekly basis. However, they only report their numbers every three months for their quarterly financials... however, they just hit a milestone that their competitor just reported a month ago so they released a special new release

right,thats what i'd assume

TrevDaRev said:
zuvuyeay said:
more than 595m s/ware as of 30th sept 2012,i assume that is shipped,i have always been critical of under tracking PS3 s/ware but thats not too bad right,what vgc says 592m or something but i think they have adjusted it in the last year maybe,not sure

a good milestone 70m shipped 

as of nov 4th,do they ship every week then sony or monthly how do they work these figures or is it in quarters i guess,how many does these leave on the shelves for chrimbo

pretty good for move £15m units the argument we have over move doesn't really matter as it's all sales to sony it's not as if move s/ware rockets off the shelves.it's all sold navs,move kits,dildos or whatever unless i am mistaken

Apparently the 595 million software units is of March 31st 2012. PS3 software is now over 660 million.

so the OP is wrong or i read it wrong *6 as of 30 sept 2012,if what you sau is true then they still have it way undertracked which we always said

Above & Beyond

Max King of the Wild said:
Jay520 said:
Turkish said:

Who says it's going to launch in November? Also, it would be less than 15 mil considering the numbers reported were 2 weeks ago... probablly 14.5mil.

14.5m is still unlikely. If it sold 14.5m, then the PS3 would magically reverse current downward trends to an extreme degree. Hell, it would match its peak numbers. very unlikely. And If the PS4 launches in December, then the Ps3 would need to sell about 12-13m in 2013 in order to reach 85m. 12-13m is very unlikely.