By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is PS+ the best thing out of this generation?

The best thing and most value?

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 102 77.27%

haven't tried it out, no :'( 30 22.73%

Total:132
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
pezus said:
Certainly one of the best things, yes. People who don't like games might say otherwise

Agree. As shown itt there are still some people saying no to free games. When asked to why, there is no response

I believe everybody has been giving you responses to why they dont want it.  And stop saying free when you are paying for PS+

I was not talking about you but whatever.

I'm saying the same thing other people has been saying.  Some people just do not see it as being worth it for a number of reasons.

No, the only 2 people Ive seen here not like PS+ is you and kowenicki, kowen didn't provie reasons for why not. You don't like it because you think its a rental service lol, so what if its a rental service?

Starting off I believe quite a few has said why they don't want it, not about liking it.  And I've already gave you my reasons, so I'm done with that.  Three you are on a heavily faovred sony site so if you want more answers go to places like gamespot, ign, hell go to youtube where it is more evened out.

Heavily favored Sony site? the hell? What are you on to dude?

I'm saying this site has biased users towards sony.  Anything sony getting praised people will praise it wether it deserves it or not, and when people say something bad about it will get defended.  This site is not in the mass market, you will get varied opinions in other places

Uh no. Sony fans are not even the majority on this site. And yes, commendable Sony products should be praised, wether you like it or not. Has nothing to do with being biased or not. As a gamer, you can only applaud Sony for making such a service available, for the benefits of gamers.

Oh it is definitely the majority of  people on this site easily.  And no obviously not seeing as how Im not applauding it right now and I'm most likely in the majority on that.  if between 5-10 million people own PS+ we will say 7.5 although I think that is a little generous that is what like 1 out of every 10 people who own it.  That means 9-10 people don't care about it.  Are they applauding too?

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

I love how you only have two options....There needs to be a 3rd saying no.  

And no it isn't.  Steam is SOOOOOOOO much better than PSN it's not even close.  

XBL hs better functions and is much easier to navigate as well as more social.  

PSN is still third.  The games that I want I get so I don't need to pay extra for games I don't care about.

Fight Club quote-"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."
That is how I pretty much feel about PS+

Yeah, because when I want to socialize I play games. (sarcasm)

I believe is a great thing of this generation, but by far isn't the greatest, if i have to pay. I'd rather pay for Gold to have great onlines services, or pay on Steam for the games i want to own.

Motion controls were the biggest, so big that even Microsoft and Sony jumped to the now red ocean. Achievements/Trophy are in a close second in a tie with the online services we have now.

But again, that's what i believe: i just like owning the games and that takes away poins from PS+.

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:

Uh no. Sony fans are not even the majority on this site. And yes, commendable Sony products should be praised, wether you like it or not. Has nothing to do with being biased or not. As a gamer, you can only applaud Sony for making such a service available, for the benefits of gamers.

Oh it is definitely the majority of  people on this site easily.  And no obviously not seeing as how Im not applauding it right now and I'm most likely in the majority on that.  if between 5-10 million people own PS+ we will say 7.5 although I think that is a little generous that is what like 1 out of every 10 people who own it.  That means 9-10 people don't care about it.  Are they applauding too?

I'd say Sony fans are a plurality not a majority. Anyway does it really matter? The only people that have a right to judge PS+ are those that have experienced it. You think you wouldn't like it but do you know everything about it? Over 95% of PS+ users are extremely happy with the service and plan to renew. Although this is inflated because right now only heavy Sony fans have plus, it shows we like it and think it's great. 9 out of 10 people aren't sold on it, that doesn't mean they don't care.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

sony haters are the majority in this site

I always thought Sony fans were the biggest group in this site. Unless you count every Nintendo fan, Xbox fan and PC gamer as a Sony hater. And that doesn't have sense, since most of the gamers play more than one console and just to be fan of one doesn't make you hater of the other.

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
dahuman said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
pezus said:
Certainly one of the best things, yes. People who don't like games might say otherwise

Agree. As shown itt there are still some people saying no to free games. When asked to why, there is no response

I believe everybody has been giving you responses to why they dont want it.  And stop saying free when you are paying for PS+

I was not talking about you but whatever.

I'm saying the same thing other people has been saying.  Some people just do not see it as being worth it for a number of reasons.

No, the only 2 people Ive seen here not like PS+ is you and kowenicki, kowen didn't provie reasons for why not. You don't like it because you think its a rental service lol, so what if its a rental service?

Starting off I believe quite a few has said why they don't want it, not about liking it.  And I've already gave you my reasons, so I'm done with that.  Three you are on a heavily faovred sony site so if you want more answers go to places like gamespot, ign, hell go to youtube where it is more evened out.

Heavily favored Sony site? the hell? What are you on to dude?

I'm saying this site has biased users towards sony.  Anything sony getting praised people will praise it wether it deserves it or not, and when people say something bad about it will get defended.  This site is not in the mass market, you will get varied opinions in other places

So tell me, who's the majority here? :P

sony haters are the majority in this site

Well I do hate their PR

JoeTheBro said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:

I'd say Sony fans are a plurality not a majority. Anyway does it really matter? The only people that have a right to judge PS+ are those that have experienced it. You think you wouldn't like it but do you know everything about it? Over 95% of PS+ users are extremely happy with the service and plan to renew. Although this is inflated because right now only heavy Sony fans have plus, it shows we like it and think it's great. 9 out of 10 people aren't sold on it, that doesn't mean they don't care.

Well since I got the free month from the outtage, I'll give my 2 cents, which I already have before BTW. If you are a Playstation gamer and strickly a Playstation gamer, then PS+ is worth it, if you are a multi-console owner or have a PC on the side, then not so much since you'd spend a lot of time on other platforms as well and you won't be able to play a lot of those supposed free and good deals anyways.

JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:

I love how you only have two options....There needs to be a 3rd saying no.  

And no it isn't.  Steam is SOOOOOOOO much better than PSN it's not even close.  

XBL hs better functions and is much easier to navigate as well as more social.  

PSN is still third.  The games that I want I get so I don't need to pay extra for games I don't care about.

Fight Club quote-"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."
That is how I pretty much feel about PS+

I'm not talking about PSN, I'mma be talkin bout PS+! And content wise, I think its the greatest thing. Free games cmon son!

PS+ is a good idea but you are still paying for those games through subscriptions.  As soon as you stop paying you lose those games, so yes they are making all that money back in the long run.  Some people like it and others don't so I'm glad you like it, I just don't see the need for it for my needs.  I get better deals personally on steam than I would on PS+

What does that matter? You keep your trophies, you got your experience and half of those games dont even permenantly stay anyway. It's on a constant monthly cycle. The only ones that stay for good are the library they give you.

Because I can rent games with better deals than this.  I don't care for the games in PS+ because I cant choose

Sony isn't a rental service, they have first party titles they need to profit off of. I doubt either them or Microsoft would rent their titles out. I am playing RE5 with Plus and now I can just play right into Re 6 tonight because a friend let me borrow that. When Crysis 2 comes out next month that will prompt me to buy Crysis on PSN. Not exactly a dumb plan by Sony, you just fail to see the genius. PSN for some prompts them to play games they otherwise wouldn't and gives them access to what they would either have to wait for or never get access to at all. The discounts are great as well and all the discounted items can be kept. 

No I fail to see how it is worth it as I've said countless times I dont care about any games they offer.  And hmm I can go to any rental place and get a sony exclusive or microsoft exclusive.  Seriously where is your logic.  It isn't genius at all.  It is a paid subscription plan.  Once again I'd love to see the number of people actually using PS+.  Oh so PS+ can advertise on PSN?  Yet they still fail to advertisie to the mass?  Was that genius too?  Hell, XBL has advertisements on XBL which once again is very unnoticable but I bet you would complain about that because it isnt on a sony platform.  OMG an advertisement, MIcrosoft is horrible.  Probably what you are thinking.  When i turn on steam right on the front page it shows what kind of deals are going on, but nope sony was way ahead of them right?  

Its a paid subscription plan for extras that come all year to to PSN, getting sneak previews and more. I like paying money and getting something out of it. I just gave Microsoft more money for Xbox Live, What have they given me that premium? My online capabilities back. Sony and Nintendo are of the notion just like gamers that online is a right  that they pay for once they pay their phone bill. Most of the sales on Steam are a blessing anyway, being that the PC versions of multiplats dont sell that great on PC compared to the consoles to begin with. PC needs those sales, we have gamestop and we can handle ourselves. I am getting a PC soon so I have have the PC deals and the PSN Plus deals. Xbox Live will users will continue to pay to just be able to use their connection to go online and communicate with their friends. 

JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:

So we should rather trust the opinions of people who don't even have a PS3?

A lot of people now have 2 to 3 sytems this late in the gen.  Go to a website where you will get a variaty of opinions though instead of listening to people who will blindly follow anything your specific favored company will do.

Dude, liking PS+ has nothing to do with favoring a company. You're ignoring the immense benefits and, frankly, when you say you have no interest in any of the games it makes it seem like you don't know which games have been made available.  

I'm saying that what he is saying is merely an opinion and that you will likely get people to agree with you on this site when it is the favored console.  What I said was the majority of people doesn't care about it so he needs to stop stating it like it's a fact that it's the best and everybody loves it.  People who like/love it will get it.  For the people who doesnt wont. 

And for the games I want on PS3 I buy.  I own a PS3 for the exlcusives they offer.  I own everything I want on PS3 so there is no need for me to get PS+.  It just does not appeal to me specifically and I believe that I'm in the majority on this.  For the people who like it that is great but people need to stop posting opinions as if they are facts.

And that does not mean it's a bad service.  Just a lot of people do not see the need for it.

Well its still gaining popularity by the day and next generation Sony will make the premium portions balanced with the free portions of PSN, I am sure. It took Microsoft until this gen to work on Xbox Live. The plus in my eyes that that everything Microsoft gives (EVERYTHING) will be free on PSN next gen including chat functions which were not capable because of the consoles drawbacks. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
did you guys got that 1 month psn plus for free ? 1 month to play ac1 and 2 , resi evil 2 gold edit, bulletstorm and crysis 2 for free :D

those free games are great :P

Are you in Europe? I never got those games for free. I think we're going to get Crysis 2 in december.