By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is PS+ the best thing out of this generation?

The best thing and most value?

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 102 77.27%

haven't tried it out, no :'( 30 22.73%

Total:132

It's just a rental service with a few bonuses...

How can that be construed as the most amazing thing this gen. It's been a pretty crappy gen if PS+ is the best thing to come from it.

Around the Network
fillet said:

And for my situation atleast: over 15 games that are pretty damn awesome games which I have been offered to play but cant get myself to choose because im overwhelmed :*

CRAZY!

Also, I have 1 month tickets that covers me all the way to April from last months October :D. So I am not even paying at the moment!

Aldro said:
fillet said:

And for my situation atleast: over 15 games that are pretty damn awesome games which I have been offered to play but cant get myself to choose because im overwhelmed :*

CRAZY!

Also, I have 1 month tickets that covers me all the way to April from last months October :D. So I am not even paying at the moment!

That's great and everything, but is it really that different from a rental service like LoveFilm in europe or GameFly in the US or whatever, fee is similar and you don't get the bonuses but you do get to choose from the latest games.

It's not that different and hardly revolutionary.

It's better than what Microsoft does (fuck all) of course - that's not up for debate but it's hardly like the second coming of Christ.

fillet said:
Aldro said:
fillet said:

CRAZY!

That's great and everything, but is it really that different from a rental service like LoveFilm in europe or GameFly in the US or whatever, fee is similar and you don't get the bonuses but you do get to choose from the latest games.

It's not that different and hardly revolutionary.

It's better than what Microsoft does (fuck all) of course - that's not up for debate but it's hardly like the second coming of Christ.

Its very different and this is just the start. Most of those games and discounts dont stick around for more than a month. They have a library that you can play for free and thats about it as well as cloud saving and more. Outside of that its a great start leading into next gen where it will come more into its own as a premium service and expand itself.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:

I love how you only have two options....There needs to be a 3rd saying no.  

And no it isn't.  Steam is SOOOOOOOO much better than PSN it's not even close.  

XBL hs better functions and is much easier to navigate as well as more social.  

PSN is still third.  The games that I want I get so I don't need to pay extra for games I don't care about.

Fight Club quote-"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."
That is how I pretty much feel about PS+

I'm not talking about PSN, I'mma be talkin bout PS+! And content wise, I think its the greatest thing. Free games cmon son!

PS+ is a good idea but you are still paying for those games through subscriptions.  As soon as you stop paying you lose those games, so yes they are making all that money back in the long run.  Some people like it and others don't so I'm glad you like it, I just don't see the need for it for my needs.  I get better deals personally on steam than I would on PS+

What does that matter? You keep your trophies, you got your experience and half of those games dont even permenantly stay anyway. It's on a constant monthly cycle. The only ones that stay for good are the library they give you.

Because I can rent games with better deals than this.  I don't care for the games in PS+ because I cant choose

Sony isn't a rental service, they have first party titles they need to profit off of. I doubt either them or Microsoft would rent their titles out. I am playing RE5 with Plus and now I can just play right into Re 6 tonight because a friend let me borrow that. When Crysis 2 comes out next month that will prompt me to buy Crysis on PSN. Not exactly a dumb plan by Sony, you just fail to see the genius. PSN for some prompts them to play games they otherwise wouldn't and gives them access to what they would either have to wait for or never get access to at all. The discounts are great as well and all the discounted items can be kept. 

No I fail to see how it is worth it as I've said countless times I dont care about any games they offer.  And hmm I can go to any rental place and get a sony exclusive or microsoft exclusive.  Seriously where is your logic.  It isn't genius at all.  It is a paid subscription plan.  Once again I'd love to see the number of people actually using PS+.  Oh so PS+ can advertise on PSN?  Yet they still fail to advertisie to the mass?  Was that genius too?  Hell, XBL has advertisements on XBL which once again is very unnoticable but I bet you would complain about that because it isnt on a sony platform.  OMG an advertisement, MIcrosoft is horrible.  Probably what you are thinking.  When i turn on steam right on the front page it shows what kind of deals are going on, but nope sony was way ahead of them right?  

Its a paid subscription plan for extras that come all year to to PSN, getting sneak previews and more. I like paying money and getting something out of it. I just gave Microsoft more money for Xbox Live, What have they given me that premium? My online capabilities back. Sony and Nintendo are of the notion just like gamers that online is a right  that they pay for once they pay their phone bill. Most of the sales on Steam are a blessing anyway, being that the PC versions of multiplats dont sell that great on PC compared to the consoles to begin with. PC needs those sales, we have gamestop and we can handle ourselves. I am getting a PC soon so I have have the PC deals and the PSN Plus deals. Xbox Live will users will continue to pay to just be able to use their connection to go online and communicate with their friends. 

Youi need to get his clear.  I did and will not say PS+ is bad.  But I don't care about it and neither does the majority of the people so stating that is the best is nonsense.  That is my point.  Now stop quoting me.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
I think it might be the best and most original innovation of this generation. We'll have to see how it takes hold next generation.

Innovation? GameTap and other all-you-can-eat for a flat rate game services of the past decade say:

"Hello there! We beat PS+ to the market by a huge margin, had a lot more games, and nobody said we were original or innovative! *sob*."

Don't get me (too) wrong, I am contemplating getting it for Vita, but it is not original *or* innovative if those words have any actual meaning anymore.

JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:

PSN is still third.  The games that I want I get so I don't need to pay extra for games I don't care about.

Fight Club quote-"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."

I'm not talking about PSN, I'mma be talkin bout PS+! And content wise, I think its the greatest thing. Free games cmon son!

PS+ is a good idea but you are still paying for those games through subscriptions.  As soon as you stop paying you lose those games, so yes they are making all that money back in the long run.  Some people like it and others don't so I'm glad you like it, I just don't see the need for it for my needs.  I get better deals personally on steam than I would on PS+

What does that matter? You keep your trophies, you got your experience and half of those games dont even permenantly stay anyway. It's on a constant monthly cycle. The only ones that stay for good are the library they give you.

Because I can rent games with better deals than this.  I don't care for the games in PS+ because I cant choose

Sony isn't a rental service, they have first party titles they need to profit off of. I doubt either them or Microsoft would rent their titles out. I am playing RE5 with Plus and now I can just play right into Re 6 tonight because a friend let me borrow that. When Crysis 2 comes out next month that will prompt me to buy Crysis on PSN. Not exactly a dumb plan by Sony, you just fail to see the genius. PSN for some prompts them to play games they otherwise wouldn't and gives them access to what they would either have to wait for or never get access to at all. The discounts are great as well and all the discounted items can be kept. 

No I fail to see how it is worth it as I've said countless times I dont care about any games they offer.  And hmm I can go to any rental place and get a sony exclusive or microsoft exclusive.  Seriously where is your logic.  It isn't genius at all.  It is a paid subscription plan.  Once again I'd love to see the number of people actually using PS+.  Oh so PS+ can advertise on PSN?  Yet they still fail to advertisie to the mass?  Was that genius too?  Hell, XBL has advertisements on XBL which once again is very unnoticable but I bet you would complain about that because it isnt on a sony platform.  OMG an advertisement, MIcrosoft is horrible.  Probably what you are thinking.  When i turn on steam right on the front page it shows what kind of deals are going on, but nope sony was way ahead of them right?  

Its a paid subscription plan for extras that come all year to to PSN, getting sneak previews and more. I like paying money and getting something out of it. I just gave Microsoft more money for Xbox Live, What have they given me that premium? My online capabilities back. Sony and Nintendo are of the notion just like gamers that online is a right  that they pay for once they pay their phone bill. Most of the sales on Steam are a blessing anyway, being that the PC versions of multiplats dont sell that great on PC compared to the consoles to begin with. PC needs those sales, we have gamestop and we can handle ourselves. I am getting a PC soon so I have have the PC deals and the PSN Plus deals. Xbox Live will users will continue to pay to just be able to use their connection to go online and communicate with their friends. 

Youi need to get his clear.  I did and will not say PS+ is bad.  But I don't care about it and neither does the majority of the people so stating that is the best is nonsense.  That is my point.  Now stop quoting me.

Before I stop, who are the majority? Much like PSN Plus, Xbox Live didnt have very the masses of their community on it either last gen. It started off slow, but with the next gen came newer and greater additions which made it feel like the PC experience.

ECM said:
pokoko said:
I think it might be the best and most original innovation of this generation. We'll have to see how it takes hold next generation.

Innovation? GameTap and other all-you-can-eat for a flat rate game services of the past decade say:

"Hello there! We beat PS+ to the market by a huge margin, had a lot more games, and nobody said we were original or innovative! *sob*."

Don't get me (too) wrong, I am contemplating getting it for Vita, but it is not original *or* innovative if those words have any actual meaning anymore.

*sigh*  Relative to what it is, which is an online service offered by a console manufacturer.  None of the other hardware manufacturers had done this before, that I know of.  This could actually change the online services offered by Microsoft and Nintendo in the future, which would make it innovative.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:

Before I stop, who are the majority? Much like PSN Plus, Xbox Live didnt have very the masses of their community on it either last gen. It started off slow, but with the next gen came newer and greater additions which made it feel like the PC experience.

Of pS3 owners.  Then bring this up next gen 

I dont get the poll... One says.. yeahhhh and the other one I havent tried no.

Oh turkish.

Yay!!!