By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is PS+ the best thing out of this generation?

The best thing and most value?

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 102 77.27%

haven't tried it out, no :'( 30 22.73%

Total:132
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:

Starting off I believe quite a few has said why they don't want it, not about liking it.  And I've already gave you my reasons, so I'm done with that.  Three you are on a heavily faovred sony site so if you want more answers go to places like gamespot, ign, hell go to youtube where it is more evened out.

So we should rather trust the opinions of people who don't even have a PS3?

A lot of people now have 2 to 3 sytems this late in the gen.  Go to a website where you will get a variaty of opinions though instead of listening to people who will blindly follow anything your specific favored company will do.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:

I love how you only have two options....There needs to be a 3rd saying no.  

And no it isn't.  Steam is SOOOOOOOO much better than PSN it's not even close.  

XBL hs better functions and is much easier to navigate as well as more social.  

PSN is still third.  The games that I want I get so I don't need to pay extra for games I don't care about.

Fight Club quote-"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."
That is how I pretty much feel about PS+

I'm not talking about PSN, I'mma be talkin bout PS+! And content wise, I think its the greatest thing. Free games cmon son!

PS+ is a good idea but you are still paying for those games through subscriptions.  As soon as you stop paying you lose those games, so yes they are making all that money back in the long run.  Some people like it and others don't so I'm glad you like it, I just don't see the need for it for my needs.  I get better deals personally on steam than I would on PS+

I'm kind of over Steam.  I'll still check their sales, of course, but I'll check Amazon first.  Steam as a storefront is nice but as a service they aren't that awesome.  Their client screws up way, way too much and it's still DRM.  It really annoys me not being able to play games when my internet is acting up.  The supposed offline mode never seems to work when I need it.  Give me DRM versions from other sites any day of the week.  Steams sales are their only real draw for me.

That is fair enough.  I'm all for DRM myself as II don't like pirating but I see how some people don't like DRM.

pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:

So we should rather trust the opinions of people who don't even have a PS3?

A lot of people now have 2 to 3 sytems this late in the gen.  Go to a website where you will get a variaty of opinions though instead of listening to people who will blindly follow anything your specific favored company will do.

Dude, liking PS+ has nothing to do with favoring a company. You're ignoring the immense benefits and, frankly, when you say you have no interest in any of the games it makes it seem like you don't know which games have been made available.  

I'm saying that what he is saying is merely an opinion and that you will likely get people to agree with you on this site when it is the favored console.  What I said was the majority of people doesn't care about it so he needs to stop stating it like it's a fact that it's the best and everybody loves it.  People who like/love it will get it.  For the people who doesnt wont. 

And for the games I want on PS3 I buy.  I own a PS3 for the exlcusives they offer.  I own everything I want on PS3 so there is no need for me to get PS+.  It just does not appeal to me specifically and I believe that I'm in the majority on this.  For the people who like it that is great but people need to stop posting opinions as if they are facts.

And that does not mean it's a bad service.  Just a lot of people do not see the need for it.

I personally think the best thing out of this generation so far on the console side is Super Mario Galaxy 2, that shit is like, super god damn good so I don't know why we are arguing about PS+ pffft, but that's just me.

dahuman said:
I personally think the best thing out of this generation so far on the console side is Super Mario Galaxy 2, that shit is like, super god damn good so I don't know why we are arguing about PS+ pffft, but that's just me.

I think a lot of things were brought this gen that was really good.  For example Microsoft bringing achievements, Nintendo with motion controls although I hate them were still really good for the casual market.  Online gaming has also exploded making consoles more social.  I think those three things are probably the biggest.

Around the Network

I think it's a great service that allows you to try 100's of games for 1-hour risk free and not have to repeat the "demo" portion if you opt to buy any of those games.

It provides you great discounts that both reduce your cost and highlight specific PSN or PS3 titles.

Access to early Beta's haven't been too good a value. Beta's usually harm games for me because I over play a game that still has problems and then don't care when the full release comes (with exception of Uncharted 3 which I bought even more enthusiastically after the free-beta thing which convinced me Uncharted multiplayer is a good component of the game where I previously only cared for single player). On the flip side, hopefully the data they collect and any forum feedback they receive help them have a stronger game at launch.

The full PS3/PSN games being free is a great way to provide the last version of game leading up to sequel coming out. It ends up working out in favor of good game franchises and would work against poor franchises. So far the main value of PS+ is perceived to be here and that value is driven a lot by Sony PS+ team ability to have some really high profile quality titles and best of PSN as well. These aren't 4 year old games nobody wants to play. Giving Walking Dead Episode 1 & 2 was a great entry for many to the series that would have otherwise ignored it. Some other games that review well but sell poorly are also good treats that the PS+ team seems to target for the free section. It was always quality and now increasingly quality+quantity and also the all important diversity (not all shooters for instance).

JayWood2010 said:
dahuman said:

I think a lot of things were brought this gen that was really good.  For example Microsoft bringing achievements, Nintendo with motion controls although I hate them were still really good for the casual market.  Online gaming has also exploded making consoles more social.  I think those three things are probably the biggest.

I said the best :P not saying there weren't other good things lol. I thank the gaming gods for bringing me Galaxy 2 after Galaxy since it remains to be my fav console happening in the 7th gen with Uncharted 2 almost right next to it, in the end, it's the good games that gets me behind any console platform, otherwise I'd just stick to the PC forever lol.

dahuman said:
JayWood2010 said:
dahuman said:

I said the best :P not saying there weren't other good things lol. I thank the gaming gods for bringing me Galaxy 2 after Galaxy since it remains to be my fav console happening in the 7th gen with Uncharted 2 almost right next to it, in the end, it's the good games that gets me behind any console platform, otherwise I'd just stick to the PC forever lol.

lol no I get you.  Mario Galaxy was amazing XD

JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
pezus said:
Certainly one of the best things, yes. People who don't like games might say otherwise

Agree. As shown itt there are still some people saying no to free games. When asked to why, there is no response

I believe everybody has been giving you responses to why they dont want it.  And stop saying free when you are paying for PS+

I was not talking about you but whatever.

I'm saying the same thing other people has been saying.  Some people just do not see it as being worth it for a number of reasons.

No, the only 2 people Ive seen here not like PS+ is you and kowenicki, kowen didn't provie reasons for why not. You don't like it because you think its a rental service lol, so what if its a rental service?

Starting off I believe quite a few has said why they don't want it, not about liking it.  And I've already gave you my reasons, so I'm done with that.  Three you are on a heavily faovred sony site so if you want more answers go to places like gamespot, ign, hell go to youtube where it is more evened out.

Heavily favored Sony site? the hell? What are you on to dude?

I'm saying this site has biased users towards sony.  Anything sony getting praised people will praise it wether it deserves it or not, and when people say something bad about it will get defended.  This site is not in the mass market, you will get varied opinions in other places

Uh no. Sony fans are not even the majority on this site. And yes, commendable Sony products should be praised, wether you like it or not. Has nothing to do with being biased or not. As a gamer, you can only applaud Sony for making such a service available, for the benefits of gamers.

Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
pezus said:
Certainly one of the best things, yes. People who don't like games might say otherwise

Agree. As shown itt there are still some people saying no to free games. When asked to why, there is no response

I believe everybody has been giving you responses to why they dont want it.  And stop saying free when you are paying for PS+

I was not talking about you but whatever.

I'm saying the same thing other people has been saying.  Some people just do not see it as being worth it for a number of reasons.

No, the only 2 people Ive seen here not like PS+ is you and kowenicki, kowen didn't provie reasons for why not. You don't like it because you think its a rental service lol, so what if its a rental service?

Heavily favored Sony site? the hell? What are you on to dude?

I'm saying this site has biased users towards sony.  Anything sony getting praised people will praise it wether it deserves it or not, and when people say something bad about it will get defended.  This site is not in the mass market, you will get varied opinions in other places

Uh no. Sony fans are not even the majority on this site. And yes, commendable Sony products should be praised, wether you like it or not. Has nothing to do with being biased or not. As a gamer, you can only applaud Sony for making such a service available, for the benefits of gamers.

So tell me, who's the majority here? :P