By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is PS+ the best thing out of this generation?

The best thing and most value?

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 102 77.27%

haven't tried it out, no :'( 30 22.73%

Total:132
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:

I love how you only have two options....There needs to be a 3rd saying no.  

And no it isn't.  Steam is SOOOOOOOO much better than PSN it's not even close.  

XBL hs better functions and is much easier to navigate as well as more social.  

PSN is still third.  The games that I want I get so I don't need to pay extra for games I don't care about.

Fight Club quote-"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."
That is how I pretty much feel about PS+

I'm not talking about PSN, I'mma be talkin bout PS+! And content wise, I think its the greatest thing. Free games cmon son!

PS+ is a good idea but you are still paying for those games through subscriptions.  As soon as you stop paying you lose those games, so yes they are making all that money back in the long run.  Some people like it and others don't so I'm glad you like it, I just don't see the need for it for my needs.  I get better deals personally on steam than I would on PS+

What does that matter? You keep your trophies, you got your experience and half of those games dont even permenantly stay anyway. It's on a constant monthly cycle. The only ones that stay for good are the library they give you.

Because I can rent games with better deals than this.  I don't care for the games in PS+ because I cant choose

Sony isn't a rental service, they have first party titles they need to profit off of. I doubt either them or Microsoft would rent their titles out. I am playing RE5 with Plus and now I can just play right into Re 6 tonight because a friend let me borrow that. When Crysis 2 comes out next month that will prompt me to buy Crysis on PSN. Not exactly a dumb plan by Sony, you just fail to see the genius. PSN for some prompts them to play games they otherwise wouldn't and gives them access to what they would either have to wait for or never get access to at all. The discounts are great as well and all the discounted items can be kept. 

No I fail to see how it is worth it as I've said countless times I dont care about any games they offer.  And hmm I can go to any rental place and get a sony exclusive or microsoft exclusive.  Seriously where is your logic.  It isn't genius at all.  It is a paid subscription plan.  Once again I'd love to see the number of people actually using PS+.  Oh so PS+ can advertise on PSN?  Yet they still fail to advertisie to the mass?  Was that genius too?  Hell, XBL has advertisements on XBL which once again is very unnoticable but I bet you would complain about that because it isnt on a sony platform.  OMG an advertisement, MIcrosoft is horrible.  Probably what you are thinking.  When i turn on steam right on the front page it shows what kind of deals are going on, but nope sony was way ahead of them right?  

Back before E3 and the ICG I remember hearing the number 3 million. Sony has stated since E3 it has exploded so I'd say right now it is between 5 and 10 million compared to Microsofts 20/30 million gold members. I can't remember if the number is 20 or 30 but one of them is correct. Yes this looks bad on my credability but you should know by now I know everything, ever.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
pezus said:
Certainly one of the best things, yes. People who don't like games might say otherwise

Agree. As shown itt there are still some people saying no to free games. When asked to why, there is no response

I believe everybody has been giving you responses to why they dont want it.  And stop saying free when you are paying for PS+

I was not talking about you but whatever.

Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
pezus said:
Certainly one of the best things, yes. People who don't like games might say otherwise

Agree. As shown itt there are still some people saying no to free games. When asked to why, there is no response

I believe everybody has been giving you responses to why they dont want it.  And stop saying free when you are paying for PS+

I'm saying the same thing other people has been saying.  Some people just do not see it as being worth it for a number of reasons.

JoeTheBro said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:

PSN is still third.  The games that I want I get so I don't need to pay extra for games I don't care about.

Fight Club quote-"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."

I'm not talking about PSN, I'mma be talkin bout PS+! And content wise, I think its the greatest thing. Free games cmon son!

PS+ is a good idea but you are still paying for those games through subscriptions.  As soon as you stop paying you lose those games, so yes they are making all that money back in the long run.  Some people like it and others don't so I'm glad you like it, I just don't see the need for it for my needs.  I get better deals personally on steam than I would on PS+

What does that matter? You keep your trophies, you got your experience and half of those games dont even permenantly stay anyway. It's on a constant monthly cycle. The only ones that stay for good are the library they give you.

Because I can rent games with better deals than this.  I don't care for the games in PS+ because I cant choose

Sony isn't a rental service, they have first party titles they need to profit off of. I doubt either them or Microsoft would rent their titles out. I am playing RE5 with Plus and now I can just play right into Re 6 tonight because a friend let me borrow that. When Crysis 2 comes out next month that will prompt me to buy Crysis on PSN. Not exactly a dumb plan by Sony, you just fail to see the genius. PSN for some prompts them to play games they otherwise wouldn't and gives them access to what they would either have to wait for or never get access to at all. The discounts are great as well and all the discounted items can be kept. 

No I fail to see how it is worth it as I've said countless times I dont care about any games they offer.  And hmm I can go to any rental place and get a sony exclusive or microsoft exclusive.  Seriously where is your logic.  It isn't genius at all.  It is a paid subscription plan.  Once again I'd love to see the number of people actually using PS+.  Oh so PS+ can advertise on PSN?  Yet they still fail to advertisie to the mass?  Was that genius too?  Hell, XBL has advertisements on XBL which once again is very unnoticable but I bet you would complain about that because it isnt on a sony platform.  OMG an advertisement, MIcrosoft is horrible.  Probably what you are thinking.  When i turn on steam right on the front page it shows what kind of deals are going on, but nope sony was way ahead of them right?  

Back before E3 and the ICG I remember hearing the number 3 million. Sony has stated since E3 it has exploded so I'd say right now it is between 5 and 10 million compared to Microsofts 20/30 million gold members. I can't remember if the number is 20 or 30 but one of them is correct. Yes this looks bad on my credability but you should know by now I know everything, ever.

Well thanks.  It's more of a number to go by than nothing.

JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
pezus said:

I'm saying the same thing other people has been saying.  Some people just do not see it as being worth it for a number of reasons.

No, the only 2 people Ive seen here not like PS+ is you and kowenicki, kowen didn't provie reasons for why not. You don't like it because you think its a rental service lol, so what if its a rental service?

Around the Network

Not really "free" since:
1. You're paying for the service.
2. To my knowledge, you can only play the games while you are under subscription (kinda like rented)

Never the less, the amount of money saved is phenomenal. If I had more time to play, I would get it.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
pezus said:

No, the only 2 people Ive seen here not like PS+ is you and kowenicki, kowen didn't provie reasons for why not. You don't like it because you think its a rental service lol, so what if its a rental service?

Starting off I believe quite a few has said why they don't want it, not about liking it.  And I've already gave you my reasons, so I'm done with that.  Three you are on a heavily faovred sony site so if you want more answers go to places like gamespot, ign, hell go to youtube where it is more evened out.

JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
pezus said:

Starting off I believe quite a few has said why they don't want it, not about liking it.  And I've already gave you my reasons, so I'm done with that.  Three you are on a heavily faovred sony site so if you want more answers go to places like gamespot, ign, hell go to youtube where it is more evened out.

Heavily favored Sony site? the hell? What are you on to dude?

JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:

I'm kind of over Steam.  I'll still check their sales, of course, but I'll check Amazon first.  Steam as a storefront is nice but as a service they aren't that awesome.  Their client screws up way, way too much and it's still DRM.  It really annoys me not being able to play games when my internet is acting up.  The supposed offline mode never seems to work when I need it.  Give me DRM versions from other sites any day of the week.  Steams sales are their only real draw for me.

Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
pezus said:

Heavily favored Sony site? the hell? What are you on to dude?

I'm saying this site has biased users towards sony.  Anything sony getting praised people will praise it wether it deserves it or not, and when people say something bad about it will get defended.  This site is not in the mass market, you will get varied opinions in other places