By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up! (Includes new adjustments)

jonnybmk said:
I'm not expecting Call of Duty - Vita or Assassin's Creed - Vita to help much.

I think most people will just buy those two games for their console.

So other than those two ports, what else does Vita have coming out in the United States?

Those aren't ports, they are made specifically for Vita.

Assassin's Creed is already helping. I belive the Vita sales actually increase from last week. There are more games coming for the system. It will only go up from here. Call of Duty this week, Persona 4 and Black Friday the next. Don't get me wrong, Vita is still seling horribly. It will be months until Sony does SOMETHING. Playstation Plus is a start.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Isn't this probably overtracked?

let's hope for sony vita is not overtracked...

Argh_College said:
Kinect 20m here 17m

Lol

It's probably undertracked a bit, but the 20m is shipped.

My take on this weeks numbers:
-Halo 4 didn't sell as well as expected by many. In fact it sold barely above Halo 3.(by a hair)
-The HW boost in America is HUGE. The HW boost in Europe still puts it below the PS3.
-PSV holding on there, while DS is getting a boost. It'll probably outsell it next week :(
-Wii is selling well considering its dead. A shame it will outsell the Vita this holiday.(a shame for Sony)
-3DS not doing so hot in the US and Europe. It's selling below the 6 and 7 year old PS360.
-DS refuses to die in America. This is Nintendo's problem. They'll probably discontinue it after the holidays.
-Wii will probably be discontinued before holiday '13 as well. They can't make the same mistake twice and this will reduce consumer confusion.
-Sony should probably discontinue the PSP as well, in order to give the Vita more shelf space.(only in America/Europe)

kowenicki said:

And with these numbers the 360 has now outsold the original Playstation in the North America.

Should manage to get to 3rd when all said and done behind just the DS and PS2.

It is now 3rd in North American software totals and will be second soon enough.

also. 70m sold.

Milestone. Congratz Microsoft!

Well looks like Halo 4 won't cross 4 million copies sold first week (if Vgchartz is correct).

This game might end up selling close to Halo 3 though.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

I've noticed some people are only busy in these threads at certain times. Lol.

See what I mean.....

No. Explain.

Barozi said:
ioi has 3.8m for Halo 4 FW. hmmmm

I was saying slightly over 4 million but after read (today) Halo 4 sold less than Halo 3 and Reach in UK I think slightly over 3.8 million is fine.

About 360 sales I predicted  400k... so close again (last week I was close too)... for PS3 I made some bad predictions based on Xilla II boost.

jonnybmk said:
I'm not expecting Call of Duty - Vita or Assassin's Creed - Vita to help much.

I think most people will just buy those two games for their console.

So other than those two ports, what else does Vita have coming out in the United States?

their not ports, they are there different full games. as for whats coming for the us for vita are PS all starts and persona 4, persona 4 is having more pre orders than both AC and CoD

NO ADJUSTMENTS THIS WEEK!!!

ZaneWane said:
halo should be 4 million not 3.8 and kinect adventures still need adjusting higher

UK put it below 4 million I guess... it sold less than Halo 3 and Reach in UK... the Europe sales is estimated with base in UK, German and France.