By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Retailers are cutting back Sony shelf space.

It really is a slow news day when one thread starts gloating about rounded edges on (not quite-)Blu-ray discs and another counts inches of shelf space....

Around the Network
Chandler said:
spurgeonryan said:
At my walmart they are taking space from sony and the Wii. Naturally. Vita only has 10 games there now. Up from 9 last month.

Vita on the rise confirmed!^^

Oh that reminds me. I was in cinema today and in my local gamestop before that. They literally only have a basket mounted to the wall with Vita games and 2 Vita bundles sitting on the floor. But they also have very little Nintendo stuff.

Gamestop is going to open a "Gamestop Kids" stores around the nation. This might be why they have little Nintendo stuff.
I have no idea when these are opening though.

one store cutting shelf space... op says bad times for Sony, meanwhile ps3 continues leading 360 in ww sales for 4 years LMAO. Troll much?

Argh_College said:
i believe they will discontinue Vita in 2013, Sony itself.

i might be wrong though.

Not gonna happen. I can bet on it.

VGKing said:
Chandler said:
spurgeonryan said:
At my walmart they are taking space from sony and the Wii. Naturally. Vita only has 10 games there now. Up from 9 last month.

Vita on the rise confirmed!^^

Oh that reminds me. I was in cinema today and in my local gamestop before that. They literally only have a basket mounted to the wall with Vita games and 2 Vita bundles sitting on the floor. But they also have very little Nintendo stuff.

Gamestop is going to open a "Gamestop Kids" stores around the nation. This might be why they have little Nintendo stuff.
I have no idea when these are opening though.

We ain't getting Gamestop Kids in germany. This Gamestop is the only one in a 100km radius, at least.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

Meanwhile, my local gamestop has twice the shelf space for Sony than it does Nintendo....

Gotta love what qualifies as a discussion on this site, right when you think you've seen it all lmao

My wal mart cut wii space, to make room for wii u. Their vita selection has always been small. But it gets the big new games for vita, and seems to stock a dozen at a time. They run down to about 2 or 3 then it's refilled. Same with ps3. There's more room for 360 than ps3 but it takes for ever for them to sell one, it obvious my town isn't big on 360.

Vita has waaaaaay too much shelf space at many places, most retailers are likely to axe it over the next 6-12 months with Wii U basically here and PS4-720 on the horizon.

PS3/360 are not going anywhere for a while either so that and 3DS are a higher priority.

pezus said:
homer said:
pezus said:
Well I live in Iceland and pretty much all the 360 space was reduced to near zero years ago.

They are unfortunate times for MS

You operate under the misconception that Iceland actually matters in not only the gaming industry, but really any industry.

No, really it was just you who failed to recognize a joke in front of him. I'm pretty sure it matters for the public transportation industry though. Srsly, do you even lift?

Lift? I'm sorry, but I do not understand what you are asking of me? And I prefer to be called Jr. Sly.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Argh_College said:
i believe they will discontinue Vita in 2013, Sony itself.

i might be wrong though.

ill come back and haunt you/slap you with this silly post in 2013, which starts in just over a month from now...