By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Retailers are cutting back Sony shelf space.

"Insert generalization based off the actions of your local game store here"

Around the Network
Adinnieken said:

I live where a significant player in the big-box discount department store retailer is based (i.e. Wal-Mart, Target, Kmart), and the news for Sony isn't good.

With the Wii U being released this November this retailer will be cutting the Sony section in the gaming area from 8 feet of retail space, down to 4 feet.  Giving the Wii, Wii U, and DS/3DS 12 feet and the Xbox 360 12 feet.

Likewise, while unsold Xbox 360 wireless wheels remain on pegs, Sony accessories are getting discontinued.  This means that for November and December the PS3 will have less retail shelve/peg space to compete against both Nintendo and Microsoft.  This won't be good for Sony's Christmas sales, unless merchandise will be shipped in for 1-day sales or something.  Anyone looking to purchase a PS3 will find a smaller selection of not only consoles, but also of accessories and games.

They are unfortunate times for Sony.

Is that all Sony products or just the PS3?

richardhutnik said:
Adinnieken said:

I live where a significant player in the big-box discount department store retailer is based (i.e. Wal-Mart, Target, Kmart), and the news for Sony isn't good.

With the Wii U being released this November this retailer will be cutting the Sony section in the gaming area from 8 feet of retail space, down to 4 feet.  Giving the Wii, Wii U, and DS/3DS 12 feet and the Xbox 360 12 feet.

Likewise, while unsold Xbox 360 wireless wheels remain on pegs, Sony accessories are getting discontinued.  This means that for November and December the PS3 will have less retail shelve/peg space to compete against both Nintendo and Microsoft.  This won't be good for Sony's Christmas sales, unless merchandise will be shipped in for 1-day sales or something.  Anyone looking to purchase a PS3 will find a smaller selection of not only consoles, but also of accessories and games.

They are unfortunate times for Sony.

Is that all Sony products or just the PS3?

Its all Sony products.

This thread reminds me of this picture I took in a GameStop back in August.

the_dengle said:

This thread reminds me of this picture I took in a GameStop back in August.

Thats more shelf space then my local video store has lol I feel like driving up the road and taking a picture of it. Anyways they have 2 rows on the bottom shelf right underneath the psp, I went into the store walked around for 5 mins and nearly left because I thought they didnt stock ps vita games :P

Around the Network

My local shops still have decent PS3 sections, however the Vita has mainly been relegated to a couple shelves at best.

Im not surprised, I mean you cant still buy the starter vita bundle available everywhere here in Mexico http://gameplanet.com/ps-vita-starter-bundle.html

pezus said:
Well I live in Iceland and pretty much all the 360 space was reduced to near zero years ago.

They are unfortunate times for MS

Ice Bears have bad taste because they ate the 360's.

sometimes i wonder if people from the other sides create alts just to stoke trouble for people from the other side acting like stupid people from the other side to annoy people from the other side but then i go cross eyed

Above & Beyond

kowenicki said:
jayson1 said:
Is it my imagination or is there a sony DOOM article on here every other day. This article is the most ridiculous one yet. This guy thinks because his store where he lives cuts back on sony it means its happening everywhere. BS! Where I live there is plenty of sony , microsoft and nintendo. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. Maybe there making space because xbox has HALO and BLACK OPS2 for this holiday and sales as we all know will skyrocket for microsoft this holiday. Also we have the Wii U which is going to be popular. Sony does not have any significant big name releases exclusives maybe allstars thats it. Sony has alot of killer content and games on psn and a strong following. People who say otherwise are idiots. I went to gamestop just last week and a kid was trading in his 360 for a ps3 and games. I see this once in awhile I'm sure people trade in ps3's and vice versa. All I know is Sony is fine for a long time to come my friend.SONY IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE WHEN THEY DOMINATE THE WORLD MARKET . XBOX 360 dominates the united states only! YOU ARE ON A SITE THAT CLEARLY SAYS THIS IN BLACK AND WHITE, its in your face everyday and yet you write doom article about sony! Why dont this community talk about THQ they deserve a DOOM article but no its one sony doom article after another.

You feeling ok?

dominate:  dominating with a 3rd place console and a handheld that's not even got started and looks like it never will. The fact that they are slightly ahead in sales at the moment does not equal domination by any stretch of any mind, biased or otherwise. 

I've noticed quite a few new faceless Sony champion alts accounts popping up recently. All of a very high calibre too. 

The person is ok.  What you witness there is console partisan fanboy shilling.  It is existing in a possible denial state, refusing to process what is going on, and worshipping a brand, regardless of what is happening, or the reality of the videogame industry.