By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: Where Is the Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified Review?

the_dengle said:
JoeTheBro said:

Yeah that is what I think is the problem. In the beginning Sony got the rights and was like "it's going to be amazing guys!" Then they realized it wasn't so they tried to get people to forget about it so that they could slide under the radar with an ok game. Instead reviewers kept to the idea it was going to be amazing so they scored it based off their expectations. COD Vita multiplayer is much better than anything on DS yet reviews are reflecting disappointment instead of actual game quality.

It better be, DS is an 8-year-old console.

For the sake of argument, I'll assume you meant 3DS, in which case I'd point out that I haven't heard of anyone hitting an error screen and being forced to reboot their 3DS while playing Mario Kart or Kid Icarus online. (I also assume you're talking about online multiplayer specifically, because both the 3DS and its older brother wipe the floor with whatever broken multiplayer Declassified has to offer when you bring local to the table.)

ive been kicked out of MK games on 3ds plenty of times, there was one day i couldnt get on at all. It happens

Around the Network

@joethebro not sure what you are talking about, but those DS COD didnt get great reviews at least not the last few. there was only one COD on PSP, dont know what it scored. Viper is right in terms of hype. lets contrast this to PSP MOH games, an IP that lost a lot of luster and a game that was getting no hype at all on a system no one cared that much about, at least stateside. Got some pretty damn good reviews probably because people were expecting it to suck.

I've actually reviewed CoD: WaW on the DS. I gave it a better score than any of the critics I've seen for CoD on Vita.
In fact, WaW on DS has a Metacritic average of 75 (8.3 user review).

Is it a better game than CoD Vita? Probably not. But one had hype to be good, the other was expected to suck hard. I'm sure we can all guess which is which.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
I've actually reviewed CoD: WaW on the DS. I gave it a better score than any of the critics I've seen for CoD on Vita.

Is it a better game than CoD Vita? Probably not. But one had hype to be good, the other was expected to suck hard. I'm sure we can all guess which is which.

The issue here is that with the DS and 3DS the games get reviewed as handheld titles.

With the Vita they tend to review them compared to console games, not as handheld titles.

This is just like how Need For Speed on iOS got a higher score than the Vita version, yet the Vita version is easily superior and contains a ton of more content than the iOS version. The Vita version got docked points for lacking content compared to the console versions. Why was this not the case with the iOS version?

It is brought up often that one of Vita's problems is that it tries to be a console on the go. Meanwhile, if they don't make a game play like a console game it gets destroyed critically.

It's in a lose/lose situation right now. Persona 4 seems to be an exception and that is because JRPG can easily be pick up and go, especially if it gives you the ability to save at any time.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Viper1 said:

The issue here is that with the DS and 3DS the games get reviewed as handheld titles.

With the Vita they tend to review them compared to console games, not as handheld titles.

This is just like how Need For Speed on iOS got a higher score than the Vita version, yet the Vita version is easily superior and contains a ton of more content than the iOS version. The Vita version got docked points for lacking content compared to the console versions. Why was this not the case with the iOS version?

I don't deal with anything in the mobile space.   That's a whole new world of shit as far as I'm concerened.

Though I do agree with the notion that Vita gets comapred more directly with the home consoles than it should.  However, Sony is a little at fault for that as they've pushed the Vita to be a portable PS3.   When you tout it as something equivelant, don't complain when people compare them.  Sony said the Vita is home console gaming on the go, so games are going to get compared to the home console counterparts.   I personally believe it's unfair but I can where reviewers are coming from that make said comparisons.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Edge seems to like it:

http://www.edge-online.com/review/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified-review/2/

*getting there Nikkom. In the next one I'll keep a poker face

^^ you learn fast young one..

You know what the funny part of this is... That first score.. The 4 from pocket gamer... It seems that one is the odd one giving it a higher score then the others...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

If it is a bad game, then it deserves bad scores really. But don't fault people for liking them, there are people who like a variety of badly reviewed games like many kinect games, PS Move games, and also many retail games. Look at alpha protocol, dead premonition, and others. A lot of badly reviewed games have fans too, and should be of no surprise if there are people on metacritic who actually like this game.

Nsanity said:

IGN

So, you've seen the Call of Duty: Black Ops II review over on that fancy Xbox 360. Now, you want to know how the PlayStation Vita title Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassifiedturned out. Sadly, we don’t know. We don’t have copies of the game. An Activision representative said we should have COD Vita tomorrow, but even if that doesn't happen, we’ll walk over to the store and pick up.

Then, we’ll get to playing and get you the review as fast as we can.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/11/13/where-is-the-call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified-review?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Game Informer reviewer that was generous enough to give Burning Skies a 7/10 gave Black Ops Declassified on Vita a generous 3/10

45 minutes single player campaign + even more broken and worthless online than Burning Skies

Official Playstation Magazine score made the metacritic raise quite a bit

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/review/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified-ps-vita-review/2/