By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: Where Is the Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified Review?

Why the hate for CoD DS? It's not like any of them were marketed as a proper CoD experience, unlike this... thing.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
F0X said:
Why the hate for CoD DS? It's not like any of them were marketed as a proper CoD experience, unlike this... thing.

Yeah that is what I think is the problem. In the beginning Sony got the rights and was like "it's going to be amazing guys!" Then they realized it wasn't so they tried to get people to forget about it so that they could slide under the radar with an ok game. Instead reviewers kept to the idea it was going to be amazing so they scored it based off their expectations. COD Vita multiplayer is much better than anything on DS yet reviews are reflecting disappointment instead of actual game quality.

JoeTheBro said:

Yeah that is what I think is the problem. In the beginning Sony got the rights and was like "it's going to be amazing guys!" Then they realized it wasn't so they tried to get people to forget about it so that they could slide under the radar with an ok game. Instead reviewers kept to the idea it was going to be amazing so they scored it based off their expectations. COD Vita multiplayer is much better than anything on DS yet reviews are reflecting disappointment instead of actual game quality.

It better be, DS is an 8-year-old console.

For the sake of argument, I'll assume you meant 3DS, in which case I'd point out that I haven't heard of anyone hitting an error screen and being forced to reboot their 3DS while playing Mario Kart or Kid Icarus online. (I also assume you're talking about online multiplayer specifically, because both the 3DS and its older brother wipe the floor with whatever broken multiplayer Declassified has to offer when you bring local to the table.)

the_dengle said:
JoeTheBro said:

For the sake of argument, I'll assume you meant 3DS, in which case I'd point out that I haven't heard of anyone hitting an error screen and being forced to reboot their 3DS while playing Mario Kart or Kid Icarus online. (I also assume you're talking about online multiplayer specifically, because both the 3DS and its older brother wipe the floor with whatever broken multiplayer Declassified has to offer when you bring local to the table.)

No I'm talking Vita COD vs DS COD. Please don't make this another Vita vs 3DS thread.

JoeTheBro said:
the_dengle said:
JoeTheBro said:

No I'm talking Vita COD vs DS COD. Please don't make this another Vita vs 3DS thread.

Ach. My mistake. I haven't even played DS COD.

I still don't think, "It's the best we've got," is a reason to take what is offered. The fact that there isn't a better COD multiplayer experience to be had on-the-go doesn't excuse Activision/Sony/Nihilistic from making a terrible game. Reviewers shouldn't give the game better scores just because it could have been worse.

And even still, I doubt the DS COD hit error screens forcing players to restart their console. Even boring gameplay is better than buggy and unplayable games on most review scales.

Around the Network

The metacritic score for Declassified is up.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified

29..... ouch.... But it's only 4 reviews so far.

C-M-D said:

The metacritic score for Declassified is up.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified

29..... ouch.... But it's only 4 reviews so far.

I've also noticed the user score has been creeping downwards.

Wow I thought it would be bad, but ouch...

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

OMG, Metacritic is biased against Vita confirmed!!

Seriously... how can this be a 29?
20+30+30+40=120/4= a perfect rounded 30

VicViper said:
OMG, Metacritic is biased against Vita confirmed!!

Seriously... how can this be a 29?
20+30+30+40=120/4= a perfect rounded 30

the giant bomb is a more "respected" site so their review weights more then the others

Metascore is a weighted average in that we assign more importance, or weight, to some critics and publications than others, based on their quality and overall stature.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)