By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: Where Is the Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified Review?

NiKKoM said:

the giant bomb is a more "respected" site so their review weights more then the others

Metascore is a weighted average in that we assign more importance, or weight, to some critics and publications than others, based on their quality and overall stature.

Thanks! Never knew that... so it could have been a 31... but it got unlucky that the more respected is also the lowest

Anyway, surprised you didn't brought the good news yet:

Gamekult

http://www.gamekult.com/jeux/test-call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified-J114598t.html

(Now I feel bad, how can you do it lol! It's a bad review (2/10), there, I can't lie with a serious face!!!!)

Around the Network

Some of the fanboy user reviews on metacritic are hilarious.

Yeah I read a review the guygave it a bad review saying the campaign story mode is dull to him. The multiplayer is the real deal with some connectivity issues. I think the reviewer was not counting the fact that people have not gotten a copy of the game and that the game is new. As we all know games come out with bugs and such. So patchs and people just buying the game itself should solve those connectivity issues. If there's no people to play then how can you claim theres a connectivity issue with out people on the servers. I think this game will be awesome myself the way he described the maps and guns he was saying its just like COD online.

Meta critic has more people who own it saying it's awesome. There are always negative people on the otherside of the coin you can just never please. Its a handheld but from what I read this game rocks for an online on the go COD game. I think thats all that matters. For instance Uncharted on the console is incredible on the handheld it holds its own and is a pleasant suprise. Thats what people are saying about COD DECLASSIFIED. Bad reviews are people who think its going to be just like the COD games of consoles. It's a portable device and its made for that on the go gamer just like uncharted wwas made.

jayson1 said:
Meta critic has more people who own it saying it's awesome. There are always negative people on the otherside of the coin you can just never please. Its a handheld but from what I read this game rocks for an online on the go COD game. I think thats all that matters. For instance Uncharted on the console is incredible on the handheld it holds its own and is a pleasant suprise. Thats what people are saying about COD DECLASSIFIED. Bad reviews are people who think its going to be just like the COD games of consoles. It's a portable device and its made for that on the go gamer just like uncharted wwas made.

Do you really believe in this obviously faked first few metacritic comments? Like the first amazon.com comments for this game they are hilarious and activision obviously hired some comments writer.

In a few days when first real user comments come in it will look different.

Around the Network
z101 said:
jayson1 said:

Do you really believe in this obviously faked first few metacritic comments? Like the first amazon.com comments for this game they are hilarious and activision obviously hired some comments writer.

In a few days when first real user comments come in it will look different.

Activision doesn't have to pay for those comments, there are lots of Vita diehards willing to do them for free.

So...where is the IGN COD Vita review?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

VicViper said:
NiKKoM said:

the giant bomb is a more "respected" site so their review weights more then the others

Metascore is a weighted average in that we assign more importance, or weight, to some critics and publications than others, based on their quality and overall stature.

Thanks! Never knew that... so it could have been a 31... but it got unlucky that the more respected is also the lowest

Anyway, surprised you didn't brought the good news yet:

Gamekult

http://www.gamekult.com/jeux/test-call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified-J114598t.html

(Now I feel bad, how can you do it lol! It's a bad review (2/10), there, I can't lie with a serious face!!!!)

The other one of the 4 is likely to be GameInformer though they are in the middle, so their weight doesn't matter as much as Giant Bomb's.

the_dengle said:
JoeTheBro said:
the_dengle said:
JoeTheBro said:

Yeah that is what I think is the problem. In the beginning Sony got the rights and was like "it's going to be amazing guys!" Then they realized it wasn't so they tried to get people to forget about it so that they could slide under the radar with an ok game. Instead reviewers kept to the idea it was going to be amazing so they scored it based off their expectations. COD Vita multiplayer is much better than anything on DS yet reviews are reflecting disappointment instead of actual game quality.

It better be, DS is an 8-year-old console.

For the sake of argument, I'll assume you meant 3DS, in which case I'd point out that I haven't heard of anyone hitting an error screen and being forced to reboot their 3DS while playing Mario Kart or Kid Icarus online. (I also assume you're talking about online multiplayer specifically, because both the 3DS and its older brother wipe the floor with whatever broken multiplayer Declassified has to offer when you bring local to the table.)

No I'm talking Vita COD vs DS COD. Please don't make this another Vita vs 3DS thread.

Ach. My mistake. I haven't even played DS COD.

I still don't think, "It's the best we've got," is a reason to take what is offered. The fact that there isn't a better COD multiplayer experience to be had on-the-go doesn't excuse Activision/Sony/Nihilistic from making a terrible game. Reviewers shouldn't give the game better scores just because it could have been worse.

And even still, I doubt the DS COD hit error screens forcing players to restart their console. Even boring gameplay is better than buggy and unplayable games on most review scales.

But that's why I am so ^#$#&# about this! I bought Resistance Burning Skies on launch day and it had all of these issues and then some. I have yet to see a reviewer that says BS has a better multiplayer and yet COD reviews are less than half as good. This game is basically just a re-skinned version of Resistance with the name COD slapped over it. That leads to the conclusion that Declassified is being reviewed so poorly because it has so much IP to live up to. However that contradicts COD PSP and DS games which were reviewed all about the same as Burning Skies. I'm not disagreeing that the game is lousy and overpriced, but can you figure out why it deserves such horrible scores compared to these similar and arguably worse games?

JoeTheBro said:

But that's why I am so ^#$#&# about this! I bought Resistance Burning Skies on launch day and it had all of these issues and then some. I have yet to see a reviewer that says BS has a better multiplayer and yet COD reviews are less than half as good. This game is basically just a re-skinned version of Resistance with the name COD slapped over it. That leads to the conclusion that Declassified is being reviewed so poorly because it has so much IP to live up to. However that contradicts COD PSP and DS games which were reviewed all about the same as Burning Skies. I'm not disagreeing that the game is lousy and overpriced, but can you figure out why it deserves such horrible scores compared to these similar and arguably worse games?

Being in the industry, I can tell you that hype affects our review scores as a whole.    If a game is heavily hyped and underdelivers, it can end up with overall lower scores than a game with no hype that plays equally as well.

It's one of the unfortunate natures of the industry.

The rEVOLution is not being televised