By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 5 reasons wii u will be the ps2 of next generation

FatalInertia said:
Soundwave said:
FatalInertia said:

By the time sony official specs are known next xbox will be too far in development to make changes, do you even know how manufacturing works? LMAO., its clear you think this business and making hardware is as simple as counting to three. Either way MS isn't gonna kill anything if anything ps4 will be a much tought foe, unless sony makes the same mistake twice which is unlikely.

I'm pretty sure MS probably has a pretty good idea of the PS4 spec already. If they don't, it's nothing a few bucks to a developer or AMD employee in need of paying rent or alimony probably couldn't fix, lol.

No developer will lose out on many sales, third party exclusives are dead, stop living in fantasy land. Developers have been saying this for the last few years,

Lets wait and see. I never said every third party exclusive, just that MS isn't above throwing around money now especially that they know Sony brand perception has dropped (whereas theirs has risen). 

If we're talking both systems having an effective userbase of 0 going into Nov. 2013, I don't think its unthinkable that one or two devs may bite on an offer that MS makes. Take the moneybags, force that hardcore audience to have to channel into one platform instead of two.

I think developers would actually probably prefer one dominant high-speced platform, rather than a fractured market of two. Porting is a waste of resources/money.

Personally I don't think next-gen will be a 50-50 ish split between MS/Sony. MS is on the rise, Sony is on the decline, and Uncharted and LittleBigPlanet sure as hell aren't going to change that.

Around the Network

MS was on the rise, sony has been rising since 2008................................... MS had their chance 2007 and 2008, sony stormed back, sorry no 1 year ajhead or being cheaper this time for ms.

FatalInertia said:

MS was on the rise, sony has been rising since 2008................................... MS had their chance 2007 and 2008, sony stormed back, sorry no 1 year ajhead or being cheaper this time for ms.

Sony has gone nowhere but down in North America, and that hasn't changed in 2008 or 2009. They are firmly in third place here.

Europe is a declining market and given the state of their economy, I don't see that changing in the next 5 years either, but even there MS is making major inroads this generation.

If Sony's "plan" is to bank on Europe leading them to victory, I think they're in trouble.

Microsoft got what they wanted out of this generation which was credibility and I think they've also shown their shareholders that the XBox division is quite a nice feather in MS' cap. By far, it's Microsofts most successful brand endeavor outside of computer software.

Next gen is where they'll be emboldened to take bigger steps. This gen they had to show that the big losses they took on the first XBox were worth a damn.

Soundwave said:
FatalInertia said:

Sony has gone nowhere but down in North America, and that hasn't changed in 2008 or 2009. They are firmly in third place here.

Europe is a declining market and given the state of their economy, I don't see that changing in the next 5 years either, but even there MS is making major inroads this generation.

If Sony's "plan" is to bank on Europe leading them to victory, I think they're in trouble.

Europe, japan, the rest of the world Sony dominates and europe is in no worse state then the US LMAO.  Sop now your argument is doen to well Xbox does well in NA nothing else matters? Got ya., Europe is the worlds biggest growing gaming market.

Sony is going to be locked out of Japan IMO, PS4 isn't doing jack all there IMO. Nintendo is going to own Japan.

That leaves North America and Europe.

If I'm MS, I'm not the least bit scared of Sony.

The Euro-zone in general is headed towards economic collapse (far worse than the US). If that's the market Sony is banking on bailing them out by buying $400+ game consoles, lol, good luck Sony.

If I'm Microsoft, this is exactly the situation I want. Japan irrelevant, Europe declining, USA a bit rocky but stabilizing.

The other monstrous advantage Microsoft has is the yen/dollar flucuations don't mean crap to them whereas Sony and Nintendo currently are being absolutely rocked by then. Nintendo is taking a loss on the Wii U, which is barely more powerful than a PS3/360, at $300-$350 (not exactly cheap, even with an average quality 6-inch LCD on the controller) and that's mostly due to the yen. Sony is going to have the same problem.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Soundwave said:

Sony is going to be locked out of Japan IMO, PS4 isn't doing jack all there IMO. Nintendo is going to own Japan.

The Euro-zone in general is headed towards economic collapse (far worse than the US). If that's the market Sony is banking on bailing them out by buying $400+ game consoles, lol, good luck Sony.

If I'm Microsoft, this is exactly the situation I want. Japan irrelevant, Europe declining, USA a bit rocky but stabilizing.

Sony's already locked out of Japan since they've been focusing heavily on the west, majority of their games have been western influenced. Only reason why their hanging on is because of third party support by Japanese developers.

Yeah that explains ps3 trouncing wii in sales..oh wait. LMAO. more bs.

Soundwave said:

The other monstrous advantage Microsoft has is the yen/dollar flucuations don't mean crap to them whereas Sony and Nintendo currently are being absolutely rocked by then. Nintendo is taking a loss on the Wii U, which is barely more powerful than a PS3/360, at $300-$350 (not exactly cheap, even with an average quality 6-inch LCD on the controller) and that's mostly due to the yen. Sony is going to have the same problem.

LMAO, totally out to lunch and devoide of anything based in reality.

FatalInertia said:
BasilZero said:
Soundwave said:

Sony's already locked out of Japan since they've been focusing heavily on the west, majority of their games have been western influenced. Only reason why their hanging on is because of third party support by Japanese developers.

You need to actually have games on your system to sell hardware. Go figure.

Japanese devs in general though I don't think even have the money to make 720/PS4 games. Those are going to primarily be Western/PC centric platforms. Japanese devs are going to recede to making Wii U/PS3/360 and 3DS games.

Soundwave said:
FatalInertia said:
BasilZero said:
Soundwave said:

You need to actually have games on your system to sell hardware. Go figure.

Japanese devs in general though I don't think even have the money to make 720/PS4 games. Those are going to primarily be Western/PC centric platforms. Japanese devs are going to recede to making Wii U/PS3/360 and 3DS games.

Got any proof of this? Total bs.

Sony is still big in japan and has a lot of japanese developers, its not going anywhere, this forum is moronic.