By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Journey is the most beautiful game ever made.

It really is a work of art and the ending sequence is just breathtaking. I really hope thatgamecompany continue to make inspirational games and find success down the line. I know I'll continue to support them, after Flower I was hooked.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

I have a question, is the collector's edition (I think that is what it is called) that has this game and 2 other games, is it digital (like God of War origins is on GoW Saga) or on the disc o.o?

Asking cause wasnt this game originally digital only?

It's on the disc as far as I know. The disc starts with a menu of flow, flower and journey and 3 other experimental bonus games. I'm asuming it plays them from the disc without installing them, although I also have the digital versions.
Plus it has concept art, the music tracks of all 3 games (those install to the music folder), videos, themes and avatars. And a month of ps plus included.

Dallinor said:
It really is a work of art and the ending sequence is just breathtaking. I really hope thatgamecompany continue to make inspirational games and find success down the line. I know I'll continue to support them, after Flower I was hooked.

What game company?

Yay!!!

GOTY 2012 for me. Such a beautiful game.

So deserving of that fine 92 meta score :)

I'm planning on getting the retail version (with FlOw and Flower) once it drops in price a little more...im still having trouble justifying the cost for such a short game.

PS: this was not developed by Sony, just saying

Around the Network

I'm pretty happy you enjoyed this game so much. It sure is a jewel in gaming.

BasilZero said:

I have a question, is the collector's edition (I think that is what it is called) that has this game and 2 other games, is it digital (like God of War origins is on GoW Saga) or on the disc o.o?

Asking cause wasnt this game originally digital only?

http://thatgamecompany.com/flow/journey-collectors-edition-blu-ray-disc-arrives-at-stores-near-you-august-28/

"Let me get one thing straight, the games are actually going to be on the disc NO DOWNLOAD!? "
"Yes. The game's are on one Blu-Ray disc. Certain ''Bonus content'' such as avatars and themes and maybe the soundtracks will be digitally downloaded however, but the games themselves are on disc."

(from http://www.amazon.com/On-the-disc/forum/Fx2KV6G0VOATPRS/Tx7177VLRT5LBH/1/ref=cm_cd_dp_tp_sa_t?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B008CP6RWU )

And this means with the Collector's edition you get two of the best PS3 games (Flower, Journey) on one Blu-Ray.

The ending really swnt shivers down my spine. Like I didnt know what was going on, but I fucking felt something. Scary shit!! I had tears in my eyes xD

Oh and me & my friend were constantly saying: Dude, I saw someone like me over the horizon I swear. He thought I was crazy xD. Then we had a long ass discussion about the other "me" being too unpredictable of being an AI LOL. It all cleared up when the ending screen came up :,D

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Dallinor said:

What game company?

http://thatgamecompany.com/

Aldro said:
The ending really swnt shivers down my spine. Like I didnt know what was going on, but I fucking felt something. Scary shit!! I had tears in my eyes xD

Oh and me & my friend were constantly saying: Dude, I saw someone like me over the horizon I swear. He thought I was crazy xD. Then we had a long ass discussion about the other "me" being too unpredictable of being an AI LOL. It all cleared up when the ending screen came up :,D

I found the other you

First time I wasn't sure either what to make of it. I followed it for a bit, it followed me for a bit.
Brilliantly subtle system though, the white glow on the edge of the screen to find eachother.