By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:

So 42 was Bioshock. 41 is a PS1 classic that; whilst not quite as good as the original, still was a high-quality title.

Running around her mansion was a particularly interesting affair in the series.

Tomb Raider 2?

Yep! Looking back at it now it's all so blocky...but it was so fun back then.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

42) Portal (PC / 2007 / Puzzle)

A great and highly original game. GLaDOS is fantastic, and you really get a sense of a sinister atmosphere towards the end. But it's not really a full game; it's a small downloadable title, and the length and depth reflect that.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

43. Wipeout HD (2008)

Dropping slightly from #42, this game is a wonderful high speed racer with loads of variety. The lower speeds aren't all that incredible, but when you speed up to rapier and then phantom, this game starts to require incredibly quick decision making and good planning for success.  The campaign does a good job mixing in modes, and despite a few mistakes making time trials and speed laps too easy, does a good job of gradually ramping up the difficulty.  The graphics are great and the game modes add a bunch of variety not seen in other arcade racers.  In particular, zone mode lets you go beyond the difficulty provided by the set speeds until you eventually lose out to how fast you're going.  The main downside is occasionally some of the events seem to involve a fair bit of luck to win.

Primarily an RPG player but have interest in any game that will make me think. 

42th: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
When I firts heard of this game, I was rather skeptcial about it and that the game would probably be between bad and mediocre. I then researched more about the game and read about the reactions and I was rather suprised. I was younger then, but I decided to try the game last year and it was an amazing experience.
Phoenix Wright does alot of things right, the characters are lovable, the story is decent, the cases was something I would not have imagined playing.
Because of Phoenix Wright, the fifth installment has become my most anticipated 3DS game at the moment.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Game 41: Second game in a series. A spinoff was released on PSP a few years ago and is one of my favourite PSP games.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Kantor said:

Game 41: Second game in a series. A spinoff was released on PSP a few years ago and is one of my favourite PSP games.

Jak II?

Correct.

You had lost momentum for a couple of days, but you're getting the hang of it again.

#42. Wii Party (Wii)

This game was simply a ton of fun to play with other people. It felt different than Mario Party, in a good way, and everyone got to use their Mii, which was extra cool. I loved the game's new modes, nice and varied, and all fun to play. What really made this game special was all the fun ideas they put into it, I've never played anything quite like some of these. It's probably the best party game I've ever played, everyone who tried it had fun with it.

#41 is a Nintendo game which was originally released on Gamecube, but I played the Wii port of it. A sequel to it will be coming out on WiiU later on.

miz1q2w3e said:
#41 is a Nintendo game which was originally released on Gamecube, but I played the Wii port of it. A sequel to it will be coming out on WiiU later on.

Pikmin

41th hint:
The game was the third istallment of the main series in the series third generation.