By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Smeags said:
TruckOSaurus said:
AlphaCielago said:

Ocarina of Time?

Nope.

Time to guess the third "How did Nintendo do this?!" 2D to 3D game: Metroid Prime.

Yes that's it!!! To me, Metroid Prime kept the feeling of 2D Metroids with the exploration, the backtracking, the multiple missile power ups, the morph ball sections, a wide variety of returning beams and power ups.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

25. Banjo-Kazooie (N64)

Into the top 25 we go, and it's back to Rare's golden era where they could seemingly do no wrong, with a game that was heralded as a rival to Nintendo's own Mario 64. Some even say it surpasses Nintendo's effort, but I don't quite go that far. It is still a fantastic game though. Here we see Banjo and Kazooie attempt to save Banjo's sister Tooty from the clutches of the evil witch Gruntilda,

Clue for 24. Now with added depth.

VGChartz

milkyjoe said:

25. Banjo-Kazooie (N64)

Into the top 25 we go, and it's back to Rare's golden era where they could seemingly do no wrong, with a game that was heralded as a rival to Nintendo's own Mario 64. Some even say it surpasses Nintendo's effort, but I don't quite go that far. It is still a fantastic game though. Here we see Banjo and Kazooie attempt to save Banjo's sister Tooty from the clutches of the evil witch Gruntilda,

Clue for 24. Now with added depth.

Super Mario 3D Land?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

You all suck. None of you got this, though Barozi did.

25) Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3 / 2007 / Third Person Shooter)

Criminally underrated by many outlets and the first R&C game to hit a current-generation console. A true delight. Beautifully designed with all of the colours, variety and life you would expect in a Ratchet & Clank game, great characters with a great story, and zany weapons. I miss multiplayer being part of a proper R&C game, but that's a minor complaint.

Also pretty much the first excellent PS3 exclusive.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Clues for 24:

We must join with them, or they shall destroy us.
Will you save them even at the cost of your own men?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

The most recently released game on my list (unless you include the multiple release dates of Walking Dead... but that's cheating ):

25. Dishonored (PC, also on PS3 & 360)

This game was pretty low on my radar, even after all the fancy trailers were released. Then I got the opportunity to play the game at Eurogamer Expo, and it became an instant must-buy. Taking influence from the likes of Half-Life 2, Deus Ex, Thief and Bioshock, the game managed to incorporate aspects of each but still retains its own unique charms. You can appreciate the incredible imagination and creativity of the game the minute you enter the City of Dunwall. This appreciation simply grows as the game progresses from the obtaining your first abilities, through to the final assassination. The way you play also influences the difficulty of future levels; kill too many and future levels will be filled with enemies. The level design is brilliantly detailed and the missions themselves are well-thought out, unique and incredibly memorable.

Some criticisms have been raised about the length and some of the story elements towards the end of the game. The length I think is a little unfair considering a lot of time can be sunk into each mission and the way the game is designed means it has a lot of replay value. However, the narrative near the end of the game doesn't work as well as the rest of the game. Overall though, it's one of the best game's I've played this year.

Kantor said:
Clues for 24:

We must join with them, or they shall destroy us.
Will you save them even at the cost of your own men?

I should really know this, it sounds so bloody familiar! Hmmm... I'll have get back to you.

Clue for 24: The engine was used to create a Star Wars game that could have simply been a mod.

Scoobes said:
Clue for 24: The engine was used to create a Star Wars game that could have simply been a mod.

Quake III Arena?

#25 - Resident Evil: Revelations is my Game of the Year 2012. This game blows me away. It is a handheld game, but it blows it's console brethren out of the water with ease. It stays true to it's genre, and perfects it in every detail. The bite-sized levels ('Episodes') are a perfect fit for short bursts of gaming. Graphics are unreal for a handheld game, and makes you wonder where all the supposed power went on the 3DS's competitor. The demo for this game was the thing that made me buy this game, which is for me a rarity in itself and a testament to how good it is.

#24 - ?
In this game people would get excited if you were a maniac!