By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Kresnik said:

#25 - Team Fortress 2 (PC)

As guessed  by Ganoncrotch!   TF2 surprised me in an increasingly surprising Orange Box by being an insanely addicted, lightweight yet deep, customisable and brilliant  first person shooter.  Perfect to play over Steam with some friends, the class-based system just works so perfectly with each being strong against some but weak against others, with a good player being able to take on all comers.  Really enjoyable and something I still play regularly to this day.

Clue for my #24 - European PS1 launch title featuring a robotic rabbit in crazy first-person-platforming antics.

was either Jumping jack flash or actually jumping jack rabbit. I never owned it but played the demo which was on Demo Disk 1 about 20 times haha. this was in the time before a proper job :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
ganoncrotch said:
S.Peelman said:

Newer. And on another handheld .

I was doubting if I should say 'relatively new' or just ' new'. Also, I could add a sentence to the clue but I fear what I have in mind gives too much away. Maybe in 12 hours...

lol, resident evil revelations. probably the best portable version of a big console series which beats it's brothers in everything bar sales.

Very good.

RE: Revelations is correct! And I agree, even though I haven't played RE 5 and 6 and definitely haven't played Raccoon City every person's opinion of these games versus Revelations speak for themselves. Great game.

I played about 2-3 hours of Resi evil 5 which I picked up in a supermarket here stacked with some reduced B list dvd's made me lol, was rubbish. Revelations + circle pad pro = proper resi evil 4 style goodness, the worst thing about resi evil revelations is how bad it makes some other games just thrown together and slapped on the 3ds look, it's in a league of it's own graphics wise.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Veknoid_Outcast said:
ganoncrotch said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Clue for #25:

This game was released for SNES and Genesis, and features some new modes that the arcade original didn't have.

Mortal Kombat 2?

Very close. Right genre. Wrong franchise.

ah dang, I guess you mean Street fighter 2 then, I think the main feature this game had for me was the magic of being able to press start on the 2player controller without putting in another 20p :D

25. Legend of Zelda: WindWaker, GC (2003) Nintendo (23 last year)

To some Nintendo fans, the GameCube era was notorious for seeing some of the weaker entries in franchises, and while i would argue that the Wind Waker had a lot of weaknesses, its strengths made up for them. Beautiful music, memorable characters, a huge world to explore (even if the actual content of the world was debatable). Despite its flaws, i've played it many times, probably more times than any other Zelda game barring Ocarina, so it has to have done something right.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

My #25, as guessed by Ganoncrotch, is Super Street Fighter II.

For some strange reason, Street Fighter II Turbo is generally considered the best console version of Street Fighter II, but it pales in comparison to Super Street Fighter II, the game with the most characters, moves, and modes. Super Street Fighter II features sixteen playable characters, twelve carried over from the previous games and four new to the franchise: Cammy, T. Hawk, Fei-Long and Dee Jay. Other novelties include eight color schemes for each character’s costume, new moves and new animation frames, music and sound effects, as well as adjustable game speed. Its greatest achievements, however, are its new game modes, which include time trial, group battle, and tournament battle, an eight-player single elimination tournament.

Around the Network

Clue for 24: These colorfully-named games were decidedly monochromatic, unlike one of the later entries in their franchise

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

My #25, as guessed by Ganoncrotch, is Super Street Fighter II.

For some strange reason, Street Fighter II Turbo is generally considered the best console version of Street Fighter II, but it pales in comparison to Super Street Fighter II, the game with the most characters, moves, and modes. Super Street Fighter II features sixteen playable characters, twelve carried over from the previous games and four new to the franchise: Cammy, T. Hawk, Fei-Long and Dee Jay. Other novelties include eight color schemes for each character’s costume, new moves and new animation frames, music and sound effects, as well as adjustable game speed. Its greatest achievements, however, are its new game modes, which include time trial, group battle, and tournament battle, an eight-player single elimination tournament.

all 16 characters from this game are on the roster for Super Street fighter 4 AE too they were all that well rounded, great fighters. No other game from the SF series has all of it's characters still in use in the current game.

ganoncrotch said:

was either Jumping jack flash or actually jumping jack rabbit. I never owned it but played the demo which was on Demo Disk 1 about 20 times haha. this was in the time before a proper job :D

I'll give you that one :P It is indeed Jumping Flash!

Mr Khan said:
Clue for 24: These colorfully-named games were decidedly monochromatic, unlike one of the later entries in their franchise

This was harder but I'd have to guess Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Mr Khan said:

This was harder but I'd have to guess Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow

Indeed monochromatic being their start on the original black and green gameboy and the later entry which doesn't include colours being diamond and pearl ? :o you guys should write gaming crosswords :D