By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

NinjaMonkeyLuchadore said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Seeing as how the next game on my list is the most obscure one on it, I figure I'll drop a hint for it. I'd be impressed if anyone gets it. :)

The name of the game uses one word twice. 

Doki Doki Panic?

Good guess but no. 

Is yours Contra?  

Nope. It features characters named after skin problems.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Wow, onto the 20s already:

29. Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty (PC)

Sequel to the game that's a Korean national sport and has sold over 10 million copies worldwide, Starcraft 2 is just RTS heaven. Everyone knows its popularity in multiplayer (although the Terrans were somewhat overpowered and the Zerg the opposite on release) is well deserved, but what I was suprised with was the excellent single player campaign. You can see a lot of care and effort went into building a good story and campaign mode. Bring on Heart of the Swarm!

Clue for 28: One of the male characters is named after a flower and one of the female characters has modelled in Playboy.

TruckOSaurus said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Seeing as how the next game on my list is the most obscure one on it, I figure I'll drop a hint for it. I'd be impressed if anyone gets it. :)

The name of the game uses one word twice. 

Doki Doki Panic?

Good guess but no. 

Is yours Contra?  

Nope. It features characters named after skin problems.

Battletoads

#29 - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is regarded by many as an outsider in the Zelda series. It is however, a beautiful game. The whimsical style and fantastic music is unparalleled on the N64. Though a lot shorter than it's predecessor, the game features so many sidequests for it's time and lot's of replay value to ensure the adventure lasts as long as any other Zelda game. The best thing though, is that the game has quite the moral tone underneath the story if the player pays attention.

#28 - ?
This game on a big company's first entry during the 5th Generation about a certain French character bears a striking resemblance to a PC game later published by this companies famous 'victim', albeit a lot simpler.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
A bit behind but oh well....clues for my #30 game are....

1. Pirates
2. Ass in title
3. Sean Combs

Puff Daddy's Pirate Ass?

Signature goes here!

Veknoid_Outcast said:
SangheliZealotX said:
28th hint: This game was a departure from a much loved franchise, this game was criticized at the time but is now also much loved.

The Wind Waker?

Yes!

TruckOSaurus said:
BasilZero said:
A bit behind but oh well....clues for my #30 game are....

1. Pirates
2. Ass in title
3. Sean Combs

Puff Daddy's Pirate Ass?

I loled

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Scoobes said:
Clue for 28: One of the male characters is named after a flower and one of the female characters has modelled in Playboy.

witcher or witcher 2. 
Dandelion, and Triss

I'll guess witcher 2 because the model which she actually modelled for playboy was witcher 2.

I'm way behind haha... by like 14 games.

29. Pokemon Black 2 (2012)

Another new game to the list is the latest entry in the Pokemon series.  The sequel gets the nod here because there are more extras to play with and because the habitat list is one of the greatests thing to happen to the series for me ever.  The fresh cast available in these games was the first time in any of the sequels since silver where I actually felt like I was getting a completely new game in terms of everything but mechanics.  The additions of triple and rotation battles also was an added plus for me.  It was also nice to have something more than a token shallow plot and the gym leaders and elite four are better encorporated into this game than any other in the series.

Primarily an RPG player but have interest in any game that will make me think.