By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

My #29 is Tomb Raider II.

Lara Croft is once again raiding tombs, crypts, caves, and long-forgotten temples. Her latest target is the Dagger of Xian, which is also coveted by a dangerous Italian mobster named Marco Bartoli. Although Tomb Raider II uses the same engine which made the original Tomb Raider such a hit, it improves upon the graphics and play control of its predecessor. Environments are bigger and are capable of presenting larger and more complex polygons. Tomb Raider II is more action-oriented than the original, and the first Tomb Raider game to feature vehicles.

Around the Network

31. Pokemon Silver

My favourite Pokemon game. 16 gym leaders, two continents... It was, for me, the biggest step in the franchise's history. There was also no Pokemon game I played so much, must have been over 200 hours as a kid . Also, Tyranitar.

30. Mario Kart 7

Mario Kart is the only racing franchise I really like. And Mario Kart 7 has some of the best tracks of them all. I was also fun to built my kart with the pieces, instead as taking only a prefabricated as in other games of the series. I loses points for the lack of Dry Bones, though.

29. Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

I found FFTA2 to be better than its direct predecessor in every aspect except the story and the map. Dozens of missions, more jobs and races and more. I got 150 hours of this game without even realising I had played so much. I certainly hope Sqare Enix makes a successor that's worthy of this game.

My game nr. 28 is about someone who has to defeat a traitor with a big ship. 

Veknoid_Outcast said:

My #29 is Tomb Raider II.

Lara Croft is once again raiding tombs, crypts, caves, and long-forgotten temples. Her latest target is the Dagger of Xian, which is also coveted by a dangerous Italian mobster named Marco Bartoli. Although Tomb Raider II uses the same engine which made the original Tomb Raider such a hit, it improves upon the graphics and play control of its predecessor. Environments are bigger and are capable of presenting larger and more complex polygons. Tomb Raider II is more action-oriented than the original, and the first Tomb Raider game to feature vehicles.

Dammit, I should have got this :(

#28 - Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction (PS2)

Noone is guessing my clues anymore.  Boo.  Maybe they're just THAT good!

Anyhow, Tools of Destruction was the first Ratchet outing on the PS3 and the second game I played in the series after the original, which I didn't enjoy.  My, how things had changed.  ToD gave way to a really, really entertaining yet surprisingly touching story, loads of funny moments ("send a plumber for immediate hairball inspection!"), some great action platforming and loads of beautiful, beautiful worlds.  I'm not one for graphic whoring but when I first played this in HD on my PS3 I was blown away with the detail in some of the environments.

Clue for my #28 - New direction in the series for a 'playstation all star' which alienated a lot of fans by taking design elements from the biggest IP on the PS2.

Kresnik said:

#28 - Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction (PS2)

Noone is guessing my clues anymore.  Boo.  Maybe they're just THAT good!

Anyhow, Tools of Destruction was the first Ratchet outing on the PS3 and the second game I played in the series after the original, which I didn't enjoy.  My, how things had changed.  ToD gave way to a really, really entertaining yet surprisingly touching story, loads of funny moments ("send a plumber for immediate hairball inspection!"), some great action platforming and loads of beautiful, beautiful worlds.  I'm not one for graphic whoring but when I first played this in HD on my PS3 I was blown away with the detail in some of the environments.

Clue for my #28 - New direction in the series for a 'playstation all star' which alienated a lot of fans by taking design elements from the biggest IP on the PS2.

Jak II?

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Jak II?

Jak 2!

28. WWF No Mercy (N64)

I was a fan of wrestling at the time, which probably helps my love for this game a lot, but even if you're not a fan, games like this could potentially be enjoyable as a brawler. No Mercy was massively evolved from Wrestlemania 2000 (which was the previous game on the N64), with each game mode being improved, and with more match types added. The story mode was completely overhauled and featured branching storylines, meaning wins and losses actually mattered to the outcome, unlike in WM2000 where the outcome was essentially always the same.

Clue for 27. We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us.

VGChartz

milkyjoe said:

[...]

The World Ends With You?

Veknoid_Outcast said:

milkyjoe said:

[...]

The World Ends With You?

Nope. Wrong platform as well.

VGChartz

28. Sonic Heroes, GC/PS2/Xbox (2004) Sega/Sonic Team (last year 27)

Although Sonic Heroes was a step backwards on the graphics front, as far as 3D Sonics go, this one seemed to get it all right as far as what the critics supposedly demand: focus on speed and platforming and none of the other modes of play available in Adventure (though i liked those modes). Heroes proves that the critics don't know what the fuck they want from Sonic, and the roller-coaster games we've gotten since are a testament to critical ignorance and Sonic Team's gullibility. Team Rose was, of course, quite annoying, but the gameplay was solid and it had strong replay value

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.