By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

S.Peelman said:
tgnevermore said:

My next game is  from one of gaming's most famous franchises, and it has double the amount of something than the rest of this series. 

Mario Kart: Double Dash I think!

Wrong, the publisher is right though

Around the Network
tgnevermore said:
S.Peelman said:
tgnevermore said:

My next game is  from one of gaming's most famous franchises, and it has double the amount of something than the rest of this series. 

Pokemon Gold/Silver

Primarily an RPG player but have interest in any game that will make me think. 

AlphaCielago said:
Kantor said:
AlphaCielago said:
miz1q2w3e said:
AlphaCielago said:
31th hint:
- A good chunk of the content involves mini-games within the main game. (Not a party game!)

Is it a FF game?

No, but I will be posting the answer within an hour.

I can give another hint:

- The protagonists are animals.

Animal Crossing?

No, you are a generation too late.

Banjo Kazooie?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
AlphaCielago said:
Kantor said:
AlphaCielago said:
miz1q2w3e said:
AlphaCielago said:
31th hint:
- A good chunk of the content involves mini-games within the main game. (Not a party game!)

Is it a FF game?

No, but I will be posting the answer within an hour.

I can give another hint:

- The protagonists are animals.

Animal Crossing?

No, you are a generation too late.

Banjo Kazooie?

No it was Doneky Kong 64. I also posted my impressions from the game earlier.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

34. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)

33. Tales of Graces f (PS3)

32. Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2,PS3)

I'm really too lazy to write some explanations why I love these games, so I just post them.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network
shogia said:
tgnevermore said:
S.Peelman said:
tgnevermore said:

Pokemon Gold/Silver

That's right! Nothing better than more gym leaders

31. Chrono Trigger (SNES, also on DS, VC, Android, PSN & PS)

There aren't many JRPGs like this one, it really stands out in the genre as an absolute gem of a game. The characters were all interesting, the epic story felt like a true odyssey through time and with multiple paths/endings this really does still stand as one of the best games ever made. Ironically for a game based on time travel, it's stood the test of time pretty damn well.

Clue for 30: The developer of this game is one of the biggest RPG companies around, and this game was their first foray into 3D (not the glasses kind).

#31 - Donkey Kong Country is 2D platforming at it's finest. Almost, because there will be two more 2D platformers on this list. Donkey Kong Country was great however, a long and quite difficult game with lots of replay value. The clever level design has been influential for other games in the genre too. The courses with the mine carts were always the most fun, even though they could also be the most frustrating!

#30 - ?
It is time for a simulation game. It's name implies it's the second enormous leap over the original in the series. It was, really.

Clue for #30:

This video game was advertised with a slogan borrowed from a James Bond movie.