By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Kresnik said:
milkyjoe said:

31. SSX Tricky (GC)

I don't mean to alarm you, Milkyjoe, but we have the same number 31.  Which means we must be bestest friends separated at birth, or something...

Seriously though, much love for SSX Tricky, absolutely awesome game!

Ha, yeah I noticed when I was reading through the thread earlier. Great game.

VGChartz

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Scoobes said:
BasilZero said:
Scoobes said:
Clue for 30: The developer of this game is one of the biggest RPG companies around, and this game was their first foray into 3D (not the glasses kind).

Final Fantasy VII

Nope! Wrong side of the world

Fallout 3? lol

Lol, no. Bethesda's first 3D game was probably Arena back in 1994.

Anyway, about to post it

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Clue for #30:

This video game was advertised with a slogan borrowed from a James Bond movie.

From Russia With Love!
From Russia With FUN!

My #30, as guessed by...no one...is Tetris.

Designed by Alexey Pajitnov, Tetris appeared on a number of personal computers throughout the 1980s, but its Game Boy version is the one that catapulted the game to stardom. Bundled with the Game Boy in 1989, Tetris introduced huge audiences to the greatest puzzle game ever made and created a generation of Tetris-addicted kids. The object of the game is to prevent blocks from piling up and reaching the top of the screen. Endlessly imitated but never duplicated, Tetris is the alpha and omega of puzzle games.

BasilZero gave it a good go, but my number 30 is:

30. Neverwinter Nights + Expansions Shadows of Undrentide & Hordes of the Underdark (PC)

I unfortunately didn't get into Baldurs Gate when it came out, so this was my first real foray into Western RPGs, D&D and also my first Bioware game. From the start I loved it. The story was brilliant starting with a plague in Neverwinter, multiple problems aflicting the city eventually leading to the betrayal of Aribeth. The expansions were also good adding in prestige classes as well as new stories. The multiplayer component was also well made and aided by mods created using the toolset. I played this co-op with my partner which worked very well, but someone also released a mod using the toolset that effectively recreated the game Everquest in the Neverwinter Nights engine! Awesome

Clue for No. 29: Sequel to a game that I posted not so long ago. The sequel was a long time coming.

Around the Network

31. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (2001)

Another new entry to my list, this game is a replacement for spirit tracks which had a bit of a weak end of game for me.  Both are similar in that they heavily reuse some of the same items (the rod of seasons in this case). The rod of seasons is wonderful for the environmental puzzles it creates.  The size of the world is almost doubled because in most areas there are multiple things you can do depending on which season it is.  The various rings offering small tweaks to how Link played was new and allowed you to switch things up if you were having difficulty with some enemies.  The various creatures you could have help you also added another element of variety that somewhat reminded me of one of the Donkey Kong Country games.  The bosses provide a heavy dose of nostalgia, harkening back to nearly every previous Zelda game.

Primarily an RPG player but have interest in any game that will make me think. 

#30 - SimCity 3000 was revolutionary for it's time. Never before had there been a simulation game of this scale. You could do basically anything to control your city. The game boasted loads of buildings to be put in the game and a sophisticated economical system for you to maintain. It was possible to build immense cities with hundreds of thousands of inhabitants. I've even seen some with millions!

#29 - ?
To those less familiar with the series, this game is usually considered the 'black sheep' amongst the lot, even though that title should be reserved for another!

Hint for 29: This game had a very disappointing ending. (This will probably be too easy)

My next game is an incredibly obscure and underrated PC game released in 1999 by Ubisoft and is based on a toy brand.

SangheliZealotX said:
Hint for 29: This game had a very disappointing ending. (This will probably be too easy)

Mass Effect 3 lol