By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

miz1q2w3e said:
Smeags said:

#35: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (1995)

"It's the second game in a highly acclaimed series that just returned to prominence recently. Also, evil possessed swords."

I was stumped for ages thinking about this one. I get it now

Kekeke!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Clues for #34

1. Pocket
2. White
3. Portable

Pokémon: White Version?

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Smeags said:

#35: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (1995)
Last Year: 35

Let me start by stating how awesome that title is. I mean, it works perfectly in both contexts. He's on a quest to save Kongs, and he's on a conquest. Amazing. Anyways, the second game in Rare's 2D platforming series is more than just an awesome name, as it boasts incredible graphics (Still fantastic to this day. The 16 bit era sure is great), amazing music (Dat Bramble Blast), tough yet always fair difficulty, fun "co-op" partnering, and tight responsive controls. DKC2 still remains one of the platformer genre's shining stars. Amazing game for sure.

My mind is blown! All these years, I've been reading it Diddy Kong's Quest!!! I never realized it was actually written Diddy's Kong Quest

Signature goes here!

I forgot to post yesterday

36) Rayman (PS1 / 1995 / Platformer)

An absolute joy to play and one of the best games on PS1 despite being one of the first. Because it was in 2D, it's aged extremely well and is still very playable. The controls are solid and the environments are beautifully designed and accompanied by calming and relaxing music. But still, the game is 17 years old, and the whole lives system now just seems infuriating.

35) Red Faction: Guerilla (PS3 / 2009 / Action Adventure)

Once again, an enormously enjoyable game, centred around causing carnage and chaos. It has a huge open world in the form of Mars, and it's great fun just to explore and destroy everything you see, but this is accompanied by a surprisingly strong campaign and story. By far the best destructible environments in any game to date, putting Battlefield to shame, and strong shooting mechanics with a range of weapons place this fairly high up on the list. Only the repetition that sets in keeps it from going higher.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

S.Peelman said:
miz1q2w3e said:
S.Peelman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Q*bert?

Correct system. At least the one Q*Bert was developed for and not the ones it was ported to.

I am looking for a simpler game though.

Pong?

EDIT: Removing the rest cuz I'm so dumb XP

A little more complicated than that , but the year is not far off.

Think 'missile shield'.

Space Invaders?

Around the Network

Game 34 isn't terribly well reviewed but I love it all the same. Perhaps because its specific subgenre is so rare and yet has so much potential. It is a multiplat from Gen 6. It is pretty dark in tone.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

TruckOSaurus said:

My mind is blown! All these years, I've been reading it Diddy Kong's Quest!!! I never realized it was actually written Diddy's Kong Quest

Add another play on words! Seriously, the title is perfect.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
S.Peelman said:
miz1q2w3e said:
S.Peelman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Q*bert?

Correct system. At least the one Q*Bert was developed for and not the ones it was ported to.

I am looking for a simpler game though.

Pong?

EDIT: Removing the rest cuz I'm so dumb XP

A little more complicated than that , but the year is not far off.

Think 'missile shield'.

Space Invaders?

So close, I actually have a 2600 boxed with two stickers on it: "Includes Space Invaders" and "Includes ...."

#35. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

It was the first Uncharted game I played (the demo for the first one didn't sell me on the game) and it was marvellous. The perfect mix of story, action, platforming and kindergarten level puzzle solving. The characters are very interesting starting with the sexy main character Nathan Drake, the two love interests, Elena and Chloe (who sadly both got hit by an uglyfying  ray before their appearance in UC3) and the creepy vilain Lazarevic.

You travel to exotic locations like the beautiful mountains of Nepal, the tropical forest of Borneo and the amazingly spectacular Shambhala all the while shooting hundreds of bad guys while cracking jokes to lighten the mood.

Uncharted 2 is an incredibly fun adventure and one of the rare games I've replayed more than once this generation.

Signature goes here!

Smeags said:
Game #34:

I want to take the ears off, but I can't.

Hint 2:

Vita