By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

35. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

The second of three Mario Kart games on my list (although it'll be a while until we see the third), and it's one of my most played Wii games. It came bundled with the Wii Wheel, and that decision resulted in my parents trying a Mario Kart game for the first time, which was a source of great hilarity. We also saw the introduction of bikes, and we had online play for the first time in a home console version of MK, and it's basically the only online multiplayer mode I've actually played semi-regularly.

Game 34 will possibly confuse the Americans following the thread.

VGChartz

Around the Network

#35- Future Cop: LAPD (PS1)

As guessed by Fox.  Like I described it in my clue, it's a fantastic mix of part third-person-shooter; part RTS; part tower defence and to this day remains one of the most unique mixes of gameplay genres I've ever played.  And that's only one mode, there's also a full single player campaign about the life of X1 Alpha, the LA crime-fighting robot, and a fantastic two-player option as well.  Highly recommended.

Clue for my #34 - would probably be described as 'entertaining plagiarism' if it were being reviewed today, this main series spin-off is arguably regarded as being better than the rival entry in the series it was imitating.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
S.Peelman said:
miz1q2w3e said:
S.Peelman said:

#36 - Banjo-Kazooie was a great platformer when it came out. On the quality of Nintendo's own platform games in fact, which made me believe it was a Nintendo game at first. Banjo's appearance in Diddy Kong Racing didn't help me either. Banjo is a a more 'mature' version of Mario, for the lack of a better word, but still contains a lot of shenanigans. The game could get pretty difficult too, especially if you wanted to complete it 100%. Due to the combination of Banjo with his pal Kazooie, RARE could create loads of interesting platforming mechanics, that would still be relevant today.

#35 - ?
The number 35 game is a very old one and came bundled with a popular system, (at least) in the PAL regions. It also contains some of this system's most iconic sound 'effects'.

Super Mario Bros.?

Nope. I think Mario came bundled eveywhere in the world at first?

Older. Notice the word 'effect' in 'apostrophies'. Sound effects for this system were so bad, you needed a whole lot of imagination to realize what they're supposed to be. Incidentally though, these sounds are considered iconical for this system and immediately recognizable. I don't think anyone will actually guess this game though, it's not one anyone would immediately think about.

But please, keep guessing .

Q*bert?

Correct system. At least the one Q*Bert was developed for and not the ones it was ported to.

I am looking for a simpler game though.

Kresnik said:

Clue for my #34 - would probably be described as 'entertaining plagiarism' if it were being reviewed today, this main series spin-off is arguably regarded as being better than the rival entry in the series it was imitating.

I'll hazard a guess at Crash Team Racing.

VGChartz

milkyjoe said:

I'll hazard a guess at Crash Team Racing.

Correct :)

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Q*bert?

Correct system. At least the one Q*Bert was developed for and not the ones it was ported to.

I am looking for a simpler game though.

Pong?

EDIT: Removing the rest cuz I'm so dumb XP

milkyjoe said:

35. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

The second of three Mario Kart games on my list (although it'll be a while until we see the third), and it's one of my most played Wii games. It came bundled with the Wii Wheel, and that decision resulted in my parents trying a Mario Kart game for the first time, which was a source of great hilarity. We also saw the introduction of bikes, and we had online play for the first time in a home console version of MK, and it's basically the only online multiplayer mode I've actually played semi-regularly.

Game 34 will possibly confuse the Americans following the thread.

Football Manager?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

35. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, DS (2007) Nintendo/Game Freak (34 last year)

Once again, objectively better Pokemon games that end up lower on the list due to a lack of nostalgia in their favor, but this game was the first Pokemon game i had played since Silver (having skipped the 3rd gen), and it made an excellent return to form, being the first Pokemon game i beat without help from cheats or glitches. Final team: Empoleon, Luxray, Staraptor, Mismagius, Alakazam, Palkia

My number 34 featured an airplane, a dog, swordfights and a secret watermelon.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

My 34th game was a huge change for a series that won many game of the year awards, but this game was beaten for game of the year on many sites by a franchise that also had a huge change a while back that won many game of the year awards(but not the year my game came out in)

Mr Khan said:

Football Manager?

Close enough. It's one of the games prior to the name change.

VGChartz