By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

35th hint:
- The game was not a great escape.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network

Will need to update my top 50. Been busy recently.

AlphaCielago said:
35th hint:

Rayman 2. It wasn't a great escape. It was THE Great Escape, no?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
AlphaCielago said:
35th hint:

Rayman 2. It wasn't a great escape. It was THE Great Escape, no?

Correct.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

#36 - Star Wars Battlefront 2 (PS2)

As guessed by no-one :(.  Anyway, I am not a Star Wars fan (gasp!) but this game literally blew my mind.  I still play it regularly today.  The mix of strategic shooting with command post control, ordering other soldiers around, driving crazy Star Wars vehicles and the AWESOME galactic conquest mode make it one of the most enjoyable shooting games I have ever played.  It's held up surprisingly well graphically too.  I am still mortified that Star Wars Battlefront 3 got cancelled.

Clue for my #35 - PS1-only pseudo-sequel to 'Nuclear Strike' which was originally called 'Future Strike' before a name change to the final product.  Featured a game mode which is one of the earliest examples I can remember of tower defence.  To my surprise, the game was added to EU PSN recently.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

My clues for #35 are.....

1. Fighting Game
2. Part of a series where people had dreamt about coming into existence for years in one form or another but came as part of reality in the 1990s!
3. 3D

P.S. All of my clues were/are too easy except for Bomberman Hero lol.

Virtual Fighter?

BasilZero said:

Nope.

Ehrgeiz.

Kresnik said:

#36 - Star Wars Battlefront 2 (PS2)

As guessed by no-one :(.  Anyway, I am not a Star Wars fan (gasp!) but this game literally blew my mind.  I still play it regularly today.  The mix of strategic shooting with command post control, ordering other soldiers around, driving crazy Star Wars vehicles and the AWESOME galactic conquest mode make it one of the most enjoyable shooting games I have ever played.  It's held up surprisingly well graphically too.  I am still mortified that Star Wars Battlefront 3 got cancelled.

Clue for my #35 - PS1-only pseudo-sequel to 'Nuclear Strike' which was originally called 'Future Strike' before a name change to the final product.  Featured a game mode which is one of the earliest examples I can remember of tower defence.  To my surprise, the game was added to EU PSN recently.

Would that be Future Cop: LAPD?

WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

BasilZero said:
Kresnik said:
BasilZero said:

Nope.

Ehrgeiz.

Nope, this is more main stream and everyone knows about it (the series I have in my list).

I want to say Super Smash Bros., but it's not necessarily classified as a 3D fighter. :/

F0X said:

Would that be Future Cop: LAPD?

It would indeed, excellent job.