By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Cheddarchet said:

#35: Jesus loves me this I know...

For the Bible tells me soooo!.... erm, I mean Bioshock .

Gotta love them Splicers.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
Cheddarchet said:
F0X said:

My #48 is a quirky handheld title that had solid, fun motion control before it became cool.

Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble?

No. Another hint: It features a scrolling shooter based on nose-picking.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
Cheddarchet said:
F0X said:

My #48 is a quirky handheld title that had solid, fun motion control before it became cool.

Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble?

Gotta be a Wario game :)

36. Knights of the Round (Arcade, SNES)

A pretty typical Capcom beat 'em up from the early '90s. Aside from a few quirks - a linear leveling system that really just makes your character become increasingly badassed-looking rather than noticeably more effective, and a blocking system that adds a number of intricacies to the gameplay - it's really pretty bog standard. Well executed, to be sure, but nothing more than that. And yet... I am utterly obsessed with this game! I don't know if it's the colors (there are a lot of them, and they sure are pretty!) or the soundtrack (fuckin' dreamy) or the lore (I still want to be a knight of the round table when I grow up) or just sheer nostalgia, and frankly, I don't want to examine it too closely for fear of breaking the spell. I love the hell out of this game, and I love loving the hell out of this game. So much so that it doesn't even bother me that they made Lancelot the weakest and quickest knight and Perceval the strongest and slowest one when it should haven been the other way around... okay, that does bother me a lot little. Still, whatever the reason, this game takes me away to a special place.

As guessed by Shogia:

36. Final Fantasy VI (SNES, PS, also on GB Advance, PSN)

If you can't remember the SNES generation, you need to get and play this game. This truly is a showcase of the near perfection attained at the end of the 2D era. As far as JRPGs go, it's still one of the best around with a fantastic story and a diverse array of characters.

Around the Network

Clue for 35:

Is the story of an old man

Scoobes said:
Clue for 35:

Metal Gear Solid 4, but this thread is for your top 50 games not your top 50 movies.

badgenome said:
Scoobes said:
Clue for 35:

Metal Gear Solid 4, but this thread is for your top 50 games not your top 50 movies.

Ahh crap, now you tell me! I've already given the clue now!

you were right btw...

Veknoid_Outcast said:
F0X said:
Cheddarchet said:
F0X said:

Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble?

Gotta be a Wario game :)

WarioWare: Twisted! indeed. A totally oddball experience that's nearly unmatched in its sheer creativity and lunacy. IGN named it as the best GBA game of all time, and I can understand why (even if it isn't my choice).

#50. Spyro the Dragon (PS1)
#49. Crackdown (360)
#48. WarioWare: Twisted! (GBA)

My #47 is a beloved follow-up to one of the most influential simulation games of all time, and featured all sorts of deadly natural disasters.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

36. Meteos (DS, 2005)

Every now and again I go back to this game and still wonder how such a simple concept could only be realized fully with the touch screen. I was told constantly by people that it was all about Lumines, but it is not my peoples. It is still all about Meteos and man does this game rock. I think this winter break I might erase the data and unlock it all again just for that awesome experience again.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls