By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

BasilZero said:

You are right! Well to me it is a 3Dish fighter graphics wise which is how I distinguish it from 2D fighters like SF/KoF/DS/GG/BB/SS/AoF.

Edit: Brawl btw.

I was going to guess Smash Bros. based on your clue about it being part of a series people dreamed about, but then you said "3D".  You move on a 2D plane in SSB.  You cannot roll into the foreground or sidestep into the background.  I can see where you're coming from, but that clue really sucked :P

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
F0X said:

Would that be Future Cop: LAPD?

It would indeed, excellent job. 

Back in the day, I researched the PS1 library quite a bit to look for games to pad out my PS2 library. My how things have changed since then...

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

BasilZero said:

Yeah sorry about that :(

Oh well, maybe I will do better in the future (once I actually get to play other 2D 3Dish fighters ;p (havent gotten the chance to this whole generation...dont know if that is a blessing or...l0l).

No, I do understand what you mean, but it's more about the illusion of being 3D rather than it being actually 3D.  Like NSMB Wii uses some 3D rendered models, but you can only ever move left, right or up, never forwards or backwards.  That would be 2D to me.  Same with SSB.

But never mind, no harm done!

Since I have absolutely no patience whatsoever, I'll give a second hint.

Hint #1: "My #47 is a beloved follow-up to one of the most influential simulation games of all time, and featured all sorts of deadly natural disasters."

Hint #2: This game taught me the importance of taxes.

WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:

Back in the day, I researched the PS1 library quite a bit to look for games to pad out my PS2 library. My how things have changed since then...

I was impressed you got it, actually.  Don't really know anyone else who has heard of the game, so kudos for that.

(And if you haven't played it yet, I thoroughly recommend it.  And if you have, more kudos to you!)

Around the Network
F0X said:

Hint #1: "My #47 is a beloved follow-up to one of the most influential simulation games of all time, and featured all sorts of deadly natural disasters."

SimCity... 2000?  3000?  Unsure.  One of them.

Kresnik said:
F0X said:

I was impressed you got it, actually.  Don't really know anyone else who has heard of the game, so kudos for that.

(And if you haven't played it yet, I thoroughly recommend it.  And if you have, more kudos to you!)

I haven't played it, but I've heard about the Strike series, which led me to Future Cop. Looks like the game didn't perform very well, which is likely why so few have heard of it.

Kresnik said:
F0X said:

SimCity 2000 it is. People praise it for its depth and addicting city-building nature. I remember it for making me feel like God.

BasilZero said:
F0X said:

Harvest Moon?

Nope. Kresnik already got it - SimCity 2000. PC version.

F0X said:
Kresnik said:
F0X said:

SimCity 2000 it is. People praise it for its depth and addicting city-building nature. I remember it for making me feel like God.

Everytime I see someone speak about SimCity 2000 I immediately think about the ingame-music and the phrase;

"SimCopter reporting heavy traffic..."

As that was a line I heard way too often!