By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I told some bible thumping Christians that I was an Atheist today, to get them to **** off!

spurgeonryan said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Really? I do the opposite lol. I tell them I'm a christian...

So it is a lie when you said that this happens to you. Maybe some athiest came to you and tried to convert you. now that I would believe.

We still get loads of jehovah's witnesses... I even got 2 american mormon dudes in suits knock on the door once. 

Around the Network

They were jehovah's witnesses, right? They don't come by my house any more. I miss them.
I still get Mormons once in a while. I have taken the mormons to lunch in couple of occasions. Many of them never had Korean food before so i take them out for lunch. Then I try to get them to try Korean drink 'soju'. haha. I almost had one guy try it before the other dude told him not to cause it was an alcoholic drink.
My kids love Mormons ever since we saw 'The Book of Mormon'. They think Mormons are cool.

I wouldn't worry about what you did.  I'm sure you are still a great Lutheran in your heart.  that's what is making you feel kinda bad about what you did.  

Even though I (used to) see them around sometimes, I've never had a jehovah's whitness/mormon actually come and knock on my door. I just wanna know what it's like ...

miz1q2w3e said:
Even though I (used to) see them around sometimes, I've never had a jehovah's whitness/mormon actually come and knock on my door. I just wanna know what it's like ...

Annoying as fuck, the first few years they came just once a year in my street, that was okay, then they came once a month, then they came twice a week, that's when I put a sign on the door telling them to fuck off.

If they were understanding people, I would've been fine with it, but these fuckers can't get a hint, I DON'T WANT YOUR RELIGION!

miz1q2w3e said:

They're shifty, I'll tell you that much.

One morning, I answered the door to two people, looked like a father and son, they started talking to me, asking me about school, etc. I took their materials, went in doors, and had a gradual browse of said materials when on the loo (I refuse to read printed materials at any other point in time). It was only at this point that I realised they were JW, because of the commercials in the pamphlet (not even the main materials, they were somewhat preachy, but didn't mention which religion... only in the commercials did they explicitly say they were JW). I was outraged and disappointed in myself... which is fortunate, those are the times I enjoy defecation the most.

I also remember having a discussion with a Mormon in the street. He was much more open about his religion. But he had THE greatest argument I had ever heard in a religious debate:

Mormon: "How would you rate your life without God"
Me: "Pretty good I guess, wouldn't fault it"
Mormon: "Yeah, I used to feel that way about vanilla ice cream... until I tried strawberry".
Me: *speechless*

I've been a practising Mormon, ever since. *

* Really, has he ever had any success with that line?

Around the Network

Spurge, you're backsliding. You need to get back on track.

Proclus said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Annoying as fuck, the first few years they came just once a year in my street, that was okay, then they came once a month, then they came twice a week, that's when I put a sign on the door telling them to fuck off.

If they were understanding people, I would've been fine with it, but these fuckers can't get a hint, I DON'T WANT YOUR RELIGION!

Grass is always greener, I guess... Though, not anymore though You can keep 'em.

Did you really hang a sign on your door?! Visitors must have had a laugh :p

I make stuff up all the time when religious people call my door, just to spicy things up... From saying "I'm a buddhist" to "I don't consume those kind of drugs, thank you". My favourite one is trying to convert them to my (made up) religion.

They generally realise you're taking the piss, lose all patience very quickly and leave.

Where I lived in London there where a lot of these people for some reason so I had to at least make it fun somehow.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

SamuelRSmith said:
miz1q2w3e said:

They're shifty, I'll tell you that much.

One morning, I answered the door to two people, looked like a father and son, they started talking to me, asking me about school, etc. I took their materials, went in doors, and had a gradual browse of said materials when on the loo (I refuse to read printed materials at any other point in time). It was only at this point that I realised they were JW, because of the commercials in the pamphlet (not even the main materials, they were somewhat preachy, but didn't mention which religion... only in the commercials did they explicitly say they were JW). I was outraged and disappointed in myself... which is fortunate, those are the times I enjoy defecation the most.

I also remember having a discussion with a Mormon in the street. He was much more open about his religion. But he had THE greatest argument I had ever heard in a religious debate:

Mormon: "How would you rate your life without God"
Me: "Pretty good I guess, wouldn't fault it"
Mormon: "Yeah, I used to feel that way about vanilla ice cream... until I tried strawberry".
Me: *speechless*

I've been a practising Mormon, ever since. *

* Really, has he ever had any success with that line?

Yeah, the one thing I would never do is take their pamphlets. It only encourages them.

LOL at that strawberry line. I would've loved to hear what followed that :D

The only people I have had come to try to convert me were neo-atheists; it happens a lot on Internet forums especially, most of them trying to argue their points using straw man arguments, and arguments that were refuted centuries ago.

Most atheists are fairly ignorant too, believing that because someone is religious that they somehow don't believe in the scientific method.

Mostly I see atheism as an excuse certain types of people use to justify their bigotry.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.