By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I told some bible thumping Christians that I was an Atheist today, to get them to **** off!

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Does that mean I am ashamed of my Lutheran heritage?

I was in the middle of taking down halloween decorations. They came up and asked me about Jesus. I said I was a Atheist, and that the proof was I had halloween decortations aplenty. She then asked if I trusted my current government leaders ( I assume she voted for Romney) I said yes. She said. " SO you do not ever want a different government?" I said," You mean when the end times come and Jesus, takes over the planet and makes it his own government?" She said."Well yes."

I then proceeded to tell her ( since she was not ****ing off) that I would then pay him taxes as well when he came into power.

Why did I do this? I believe in God. Have I become so distant from the church that I am now tired of dealing with it? All they wanted to do was give me a pamphlet and spread the good word with a fellow human.

Just tell them to leave if you want them to leave don't need to overreact.

I'm starting to believe people can't handle life on here or something.

I'm a Christian and if someone comes to me with something like that I just tell them to leave me alone if I don't to be bother.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

BasilZero said:
ninetailschris said:
spurgeonryan said:

Does that mean I am ashamed of my Lutheran heritage?

I was in the middle of taking down halloween decorations. They came up and asked me about Jesus. I said I was a Atheist, and that the proof was I had halloween decortations aplenty. She then asked if I trusted my current government leaders ( I assume she voted for Romney) I said yes. She said. " SO you do not ever want a different government?" I said," You mean when the end times come and Jesus, takes over the planet and makes it his own government?" She said."Well yes."

I then proceeded to tell her ( since she was not ****ing off) that I would then pay him taxes as well when he came into power.

Why did I do this? I believe in God. Have I become so distant from the church that I am now tired of dealing with it? All they wanted to do was give me a pamphlet and spread the good word with a fellow human.

Just tell them to leave if you want them to leave don't need to overreact.

I'm starting to believe people can't handle life on here or something.

I'm a Christian and if someone comes to me with something like that I just tell them to leave me alone if I don't to be bother.

I remember one time about 10 years ago, some old lady came up to me in the elevator and talked about the Bible even though I told her I was already Christian....

Some people just wont shut up even if you tell them something l0l.

Yea I understand but I think they do because it's something that they care about deeply.It's always better to just walk away or ignore the person if they just don't stop though.

Personally I never had a problem while doing this.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

spurgeonryan said:

That is how I wanted to portray myself, but they were not getting the hint. Sometimes I think you can read my mind Badgenome. I am glad we have an understanding.

You should have threatened to nail 95 theses to her face just like Luther did to that one guy.

So random people just came up to you and started talking about Jesus, the government, and taxes? Talk about nuts, not to mention creepy.

Around the Network

I kinda just tell them I'm not interested but I appreciate that they care sufficiently to try (which is true), which usually disarms them and ends the conversation quickly.

(I'm a deist.)

spurgeonryan said:

He nailed 95 thesbians to a door. But I am surprised you know anything about my religion! Kind of neat.

The Thesbians were the dudes who died with the Spartans at Thermopylae. You're thinking of lesbians. He nailed lesbians to a door.

I actually want something like this to happen to me sometime. I'm sure these people have something meaningful to say. I've heard about "that annoying missionary" much more often than I've heard one.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

I just tell them that I have my own religion and that usually takes them by surprise.

Ironically I told a group of God-hating Atheists that I was a bible thumping Christian the other day.

And that's it. Nothing happened.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.