By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS3/Xbox 360 Holiday Sales Gap Thread! (Updated: January 11th) - ADJUSTMENTS! Last week is UP!, PS3 and X360 basically back to where the table began, PS3 1.5 million sold more then X360 in 2012

yo_john117 said:
VGKing said:
yo_john117 said:
I think both are going to have an abysmal holiday.

Also this thread goes hand in hand with the thread I made months ago -- http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=143469&page=1

What? Consoles have only gotten more holiday-centric. Specially XBox 360. It had its best holiday ever last year did it not?

No I think 2010 was it's best holiday. But judging from the current horrid sales (NPD data and all) they are not going to have very good holidays. 

2009 was PS3's best holiday and 2011 is X360's best holiday

Around the Network

Is there really a point to this? all these numbers will eventually get changed by Vgchartz once the proper numbers come in. These numbes are probably off again like last month.

Otacon said:
Is there really a point to this? all these numbers will eventually get changed by Vgchartz once the proper numbers come in. These numbes are probably off again like last month.

Obviously, they will be adjusted.

I expect the gap to be under 1 million by the end of the 10 weeks

S.T.A.G.E. said:
pezus said:
BenVTrigger said:
Both just might have their worse holidays ever.

These consoles are dead and MS and Sony need to both act fast. MS needs a drastic price cut by 100 dollars. They could easiky afford it and it would boost hardware sales a lot.

But they wont do that

No, there's no way that will happen. PS3's worst holiday was horrible if I recall.

OT: I expect the gap to widen to about 2.4-2.5m by year's end.

The gap will stay at 2million. Microsoft will hold off Sonys holiday advances like they do every year.

shipped numbers showed Sony beating MS in 09 and 10 I believe... If MS owns Sony every holiday period how has sony caught up?

Max King of the Wild said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
pezus said:
BenVTrigger said:
Both just might have their worse holidays ever.

These consoles are dead and MS and Sony need to both act fast. MS needs a drastic price cut by 100 dollars. They could easiky afford it and it would boost hardware sales a lot.

But they wont do that

No, there's no way that will happen. PS3's worst holiday was horrible if I recall.

OT: I expect the gap to widen to about 2.4-2.5m by year's end.

The gap will stay at 2million. Microsoft will hold off Sonys holiday advances like they do every year.

shipped numbers showed Sony beating MS in 09 and 10 I believe... If MS owns Sony every holiday period how has sony caught up?

Sony beat Microsoft every year until the Kinects 2011 victory. This year Halo came out as well as COD. Sony better have a plan or they might as well concede the 2012 holiday sales to Microsoft after Black Friday. Microsoft knows they've got nothing, but they aren't stupid enough to plot one of their advantages at the wrong part of the year. 

Around the Network

It will be interesting: this year Halo is before CoD, so we'll be able to see its boost on XB360 at this point in the console's life.
And obviously Wii U launch and its effects on current gen will be even more interesting. If its effects are considerable, will Sony and MS react with consistent discounts? Or will they just apply a discount to retailers, keep official price unchanged and let each retailer and chain of stores decide? Will Sony release the rumoured PS3+PSV bundle to kill two birds with a stone, helping PSV sales and give people the perception that Sony is already offering something like Wii U?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Week two is up guys, Halo 4 takes the X360 to the lead!

The last two weeks had some big adjustments, some numbers were 100K difference. X360 still takes the lead but by a smaller amount now.

Gilgamesh said:

The last two weeks had some big adjustments, some numbers were 100K difference. X360 still takes the lead but by a smaller amount now.

this weeks are always the hardest in terms of sale numbers. next week will still have some halo effect. after that comes the Wii U effect in US. interesting holidays.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Lotta strange logic in this thread.

Simply because a new generation has begun does not mean the old generational race is over. Until all of these units are no longer being produced and sold, it persists. The company is still selling the units, they certainly do not consider it "over".