By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii has a fantastic 3rd party game library

oniyide said:
Mummelmann said:

In the last two years, on this site anyway, Nintendo fans themselves have been more critical of Nintendo and their software lineup than anyone else. The fact of the matter is; the vast majority of gamers, Nintendo gamers included, feel that the Wii failed to deliver on the software end, 3rd party support in particular but also lack of proper 1st party in-house efforts since late 2010.

This is the ruling consensus and while "majority rules" doesn't always constitute a fact, in this case it well and truly does. Release schedules and Nintendo's own press releases speak volumes on the matter.

THIS +1. But i think we are wasting time, I got a hunch he made this thread just to try to rally his "fellow" Ninty "fans" into siding with his flimsy argument...that didnt happen because most here have some sense, now he is lashing out against "PS360" fans but totally ignoring the Ninty fans who think he's full of it as well. to each his own.

I'm still undeciced who's getting more on my nerves with this thread, the creator or you. Both of you just can't stop.

And no, Mummelmann does not deserve one of your annoying "THIS" remarks followed by +1, especially when he's simply not right with his statement about what the "vast majoprity of gamers" think which is just his assumption labeled as fact.

"But i think we are wasting time". Don't think so, as it seems you had nothing better to do in the last two days anyway than monitoring this thread...

Around the Network

Although I enjoyed Conduit even I agree that GC had better FPS. In fact I own a couple (Timesplitters/King Kong) due to Wii's poor FPS library.

I respect your opinion Gamerace, but i really dont see how those two games you mentioned (or the ones Oniyide mentioned) are any better than The Conduit 1 or 2

By itself it may look okay, but when compared to the HD twins..............

its pretty good isnt it?
dont compare thanks ;)

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Mummelmann said:

The fact of the matter is; the vast majority of gamers, Nintendo gamers included, feel that the Wii failed to deliver on the software end, 3rd party support in particular but also lack of proper 1st party in-house efforts since late 2010.

This is the ruling consensus and while "majority rules" doesn't always constitute a fact, in this case it well and truly does. 

Bold: Debateable, as it could it be argued that the majority of Wii gamers are casuals who were more than happy with what the console offered on this front. We have to realize that us forum-posting gamers are a minority, even on PS3/360.

Italic: While I agree that the Wii's third party lineup was lacking, something being a popular consensus doesn't make it a fact.

The attach rate and sales of 3rd party games would indicate that owners weren't happy with the offerings, that's only logical. Market leaders usually have the highest attach rate since they usually have the best and broadest 3rd party support.

As for your last remark; your conclusion is the exact same as mine, its in the very sentence I wrote. My exact sentence is about how ruling consensus is not always correct but that it is in this case.

okr; Feel free to tell me how I'm wrong. if you browse the boards and look back until early 2011 and up until today, you'll see that even Rol and the other diehard Nintendo fans are greatly displeased with the Wii's offerings and the incredible sales decline would indicate that the same goes for those who don't post on vgchartz. I'm not assuming, I'm reading the data that is clear as day on this very site.

If the vast majority (which is the expression I used) of gamers aren't unhappy with the Wii's software and the price is low, then why have the sales plummeted in historical fashion in the last two years? Not even price cuts, colors or bundles could stem the tide and halt the decline.

Mummelmann said:
curl-6 said:
Mummelmann said:

The fact of the matter is; the vast majority of gamers, Nintendo gamers included, feel that the Wii failed to deliver on the software end, 3rd party support in particular but also lack of proper 1st party in-house efforts since late 2010.

This is the ruling consensus and while "majority rules" doesn't always constitute a fact, in this case it well and truly does. 

Bold: Debateable, as it could it be argued that the majority of Wii gamers are casuals who were more than happy with what the console offered on this front. We have to realize that us forum-posting gamers are a minority, even on PS3/360.

Italic: While I agree that the Wii's third party lineup was lacking, something being a popular consensus doesn't make it a fact.

The attach rate and sales of 3rd party games would indicate that owners weren't happy with the offerings, that's only logical. Market leaders usually have the highest attach rate since they usually have the best and broadest 3rd party support.

As for your last remark; your conclusion is the exact same as mine, its in the very sentence I wrote. My exact sentence is about how ruling consensus is not always correct but that it is in this case.

okr; Feel free to tell me how I'm wrong. if you browse the boards and look back until early 2011 and up until today, you'll see that even Rol and the other diehard Nintendo fans are greatly displeased with the Wii's offerings and the incredible sales decline would indicate that the same goes for those who don't post on vgchartz. I'm not assuming, I'm reading the data that is clear as day on this very site.

If the vast majority (which is the expression I used) of gamers aren't unhappy with the Wii's software and the price is low, then why have the sales plummeted in historical fashion in the last two years? Not even price cuts, colors or bundles could stem the tide and halt the decline.

Dissatisfaction with the last two years of releases doesn't mean overall dissatisfaction with the overall library. The approach of the Wii U is why more people aren't buying the Wii now it's cheap, along with market saturation.

The Wii's massive decline started long before the Wii U was even announced, market saturation should not be an issue, the PS3 and 360 are still doing fine.

mummelmann and scoobes already said what i wanted to say... so yeah.

Many disagree. you can have your opinion though. some even say HAZE was a great game. no matter how uncommon yur opinion is, you have the right to your opinion.

but I don't see why others should agree wit you.based on yur list. many people is not convinced by wat you have shown today. we can't accept the Wii 3rp party is good and definately not fantastic. you just have uncommon opinion