By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii has a fantastic 3rd party game library

How about giving some examples of these uninformed statements, cause no one has agreed with you yet. Conduit would have gotten mediocore reviews had it been released on PS2/GC/xbox, considering their were way better FPSs than that. The old RE onrails actually got subpar reviews

Around the Network

DieAppleDie, this thread sounds like a lot of confirmation bias to me. You're ignoring or writing off all opposing opinions as "immature" and claiming your own opinion as true regardless of the consensus view. Your comment about games like Conduit and RE rail shooters and reviews on last gen hardware is also pointless as it's impossible to test. We have to go by the critical reception of the day and compare the games to those released within a similar time-frame.

No i acuse PS360 fans of acting inmaturely on this, except Torilian and few others, thats not really new isnt it? ;)
Oni
Old RE on rails got mediocre reviews because theyre absolute crap, the Wii ones are very well done
Which one are better on the Ps2? Killzone right? Haha, expected...

DieAppleDie said:
No i acuse PS360 fans of acting inmaturely on this, except Torilian and few others, thats not really new isnt it? ;)
Oni
Old RE on rails got mediocre reviews because theyre absolute crap, the Wii ones are very well done

In the last two years, on this site anyway, Nintendo fans themselves have been more critical of Nintendo and their software lineup than anyone else. The fact of the matter is; the vast majority of gamers, Nintendo gamers included, feel that the Wii failed to deliver on the software end, 3rd party support in particular but also lack of proper 1st party in-house efforts since late 2010.

This is the ruling consensus and while "majority rules" doesn't always constitute a fact, in this case it well and truly does. Release schedules and Nintendo's own press releases speak volumes on the matter.

DieAppleDie said:
Oni

I already named some games that are way better than Conduit from last gen, but since you appear to ignore it or is just ignorant ill list them.

ALl three MOH games (not Vanguard), All Timesplitters, King Kong, the last two James Bond games were better, Black, both Red Factions, hell those COD spin-offs(finest hour and big red one) are better than Conduit.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
DieAppleDie said:
Oni

In the last two years, on this site anyway, Nintendo fans themselves have been more critical of Nintendo and their software lineup than anyone else. The fact of the matter is; the vast majority of gamers, Nintendo gamers included, feel that the Wii failed to deliver on the software end, 3rd party support in particular but also lack of proper 1st party in-house efforts since late 2010.

This is the ruling consensus and while "majority rules" doesn't always constitute a fact, in this case it well and truly does. Release schedules and Nintendo's own press releases speak volumes on the matter.

THIS +1. But i think we are wasting time, I got a hunch he made this thread just to try to rally his "fellow" Ninty "fans" into siding with his flimsy argument...that didnt happen because most here have some sense, now he is lashing out against "PS360" fans but totally ignoring the Ninty fans who think he's full of it as well. to each his own.

on a side note, id go so far as to say, that Wii support in regards to FPS was worst than even GC, at least GC got some of those FPSs with no compromise.

Thats your opinion Oni

Accept it, The Conduit wouldve got fantastic reviews if it was a PS 2 exclusive
none of those games you listed are anything better than Conduit

DieAppleDie said:
Thats your opinion Oni

Accept it, The Conduit wouldve got fantastic reviews if it was a PS 2 exclusive
none of those games you listed are anything better than Conduit

No, it wouldn't. As Killzone proves, a poor PS2 exclusive game gets poor reviews (Conduit and Killzone's metacritic score are about equal).

Conduit is considered one of the better FPS' on Wii? Last gen had Half Life 2, Halo 1 & 2 (I don't even like these games but I can appreciate why people loved them), Far Cry, the Timesplitters games, Doom 3 and Unreal Tournament.

The Conduit isn't even in the same league. There are actually much better FPS' on Wii, but the problem is they're usually some of the least supported versions or restricted in some way.

Mummelmann said:

The fact of the matter is; the vast majority of gamers, Nintendo gamers included, feel that the Wii failed to deliver on the software end, 3rd party support in particular but also lack of proper 1st party in-house efforts since late 2010.

This is the ruling consensus and while "majority rules" doesn't always constitute a fact, in this case it well and truly does. 

Bold: Debateable, as it could it be argued that the majority of Wii gamers are casuals who were more than happy with what the console offered on this front. We have to realize that us forum-posting gamers are a minority, even on PS3/360.

Italic: While I agree that the Wii's third party lineup was lacking, something being a popular consensus doesn't make it a fact.