By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii has a fantastic 3rd party game library

Mummelmann said:
The Wii's massive decline started long before the Wii U was even announced, market saturation should not be an issue, the PS3 and 360 are still doing fine.

The Wii's decline before 2011 when the Project Cafe rumours started in earnest was certainly not massive. And the PS3/360 haven't sold as much as the Wii, so of course they're not as affected by saturation. (Yet)

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Mummelmann said:
The Wii's massive decline started long before the Wii U was even announced, market saturation should not be an issue, the PS3 and 360 are still doing fine.

The Wii's decline before 2011 when the Project Cafe rumours started in earnest was certainly not massive. And the PS3/360 haven't sold as much as the Wii, so of course they're not as affected by saturation. (Yet)

most casuals did not hear of project cafe. Only internet goers heard of that.

I can't remember, as I sold my Wii stuff 2-3 years ago, but I think I never bought a single 3rd party game. Why would I when the PS360 versions have better graphics, online play, leaderboards, and better controllers?

The audience for the Wii was also mostly interested in the 3-4 evergreen titles. Even if they did buy a non-Nintendo title, statistically, it was most likely a piece of shit, so they would then stick to Nintendo, leading to inferior 3rd party support (quality, if not quantity).

Rudisha said:
curl-6 said:
Mummelmann said:

most casuals did not hear of project cafe. Only internet goers heard of that.

The Wii U hasn't been unknown for a long time now, only in early 2011 was it a secret of the internet rumour mills.

Aside from few like Boom Blox, Mad World, Silent Hill - Shattered Memories, and the Trauma Center games, any other game on your list that was "any good" was significantly better on another console.

So while the Wii did receive Call of Duty Modern Warfare whatever... it may as well have received the iOS / Android Mobile version of the game...

Even the cases where certain games landed on Wii first like No More Heroes, they eventually got ported to HD Twins which got better version of those games. That is a case where I didn't think the game was worth much on any console... cool idea and style surrouned by tons of crappy gameplay.

Around the Network
cusman said:

Even the cases where certain games landed on Wii first like No More Heroes, they eventually got ported to HD Twins which got better version of those games. That is a case where I didn't think the game was worth much on any console... cool idea and style surrouned by tons of crappy gameplay.

Not always; Goldeneye 007 got worse on 360 due to the loss of pointer controls and time trial mode. No More Heroes as also lost part of its appeal in the move to traditional controls.

curl-6 said:
cusman said:

Not always; Goldeneye 007 got worse on 360 due to the loss of pointer controls and time trial mode. No More Heroes as also lost part of its appeal in the move to traditional controls.

Both PS3 versions of those games kept the motion/pointer controls, so I think cusman is right at least in regards to the PS3 versions.

Not really, compare that to the 3rd party game libraries of the PS3 and the 360 and you will see how inferior the 3rd party support on the wii was.

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
cusman said:

Both PS3 versions of those games kept the motion/pointer controls, so I think cusman is right at least in regards to the PS3 versions.

If you happen to own a PS3 and a Move, then yes. 360 owners and PS3 owners without Move got the short end of the stick though.

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
cusman said:

If you happen to own a PS3 and a Move, then yes. 360 owners and PS3 owners without Move got the short end of the stick though.

lucky for me i own PS3 and Move, but thats beside the point, the option is their at least for PS3 version. So Cusman still isnt wrong.