By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii has a fantastic 3rd party game library

curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
bananaking21 said:
compare it to that of the 360 and ps3.... yeah doesnt look so good after you do that right?

True, but the PS3's and 360's first party games fall far short of the Wii's, so  it kinda balances out.

Nah, not really. Not even close actually

See my post here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4876493

For a Microsoft comparison, I haven't played Halo 4 yet, but that aside only Forza 3 & 4 approach the tier of games like Mario Galaxy.

So you were only going by your opinion ?

Wii having best 1st party is an opinion. It's having the weakest 3rd party is a fact

There are no facts when it comes to game quality, everything is an opinion.

No, actually quality isn't subjective. I can not like a certain game but i can still admit it has quality and recognize it as such

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:

True, but the PS3's and 360's first party games fall far short of the Wii's, so  it kinda balances out.

For a Microsoft comparison, I haven't played Halo 4 yet, but that aside only Forza 3 & 4 approach the tier of games like Mario Galaxy.

Wii having best 1st party is an opinion. It's having the weakest 3rd party is a fact

No, actually quality isn't subjective. I can not like a certain game but i can still admit it has quality and recognize it as such

But your admission that it's quality even if you don't like it is still made through the lens of your own perception. We can never be truly objective because we cannot escape our own heads. 

curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:

But your admission that it's quality even if you don't like it is still made through the lens of your own perception. We can never be truly objective because we cannot escape our own heads. 

No, quality can be distinguished regardless of your own taste and preference

Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:

There is no universally agreed upon set of criteria for a quality game though, so true objectivity is impossible. 

Again, even when you try to step outside your own personal likes and dislikes, your assessment is still bound by the way you interpret the world. It's like this: say you're looking at something through different pairs of reading glasses; even if you wear none, you eyes are still a lens in themselves, from which you cannot escape.

If you've never played video games before, or have no idea what the heck a video game is and just recently discovered the medium, then yes, the Wii's 3rd party lineup looks fantastic.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:

There is no universally agreed upon set of criteria for a quality game though, so true objectivity is impossible. 

Again, even when you try to step outside your own personal likes and dislikes, your assessment is still bound by the way you interpret the world. It's like this: say you're looking at something through different pairs of reading glasses; even if you wear none, you eyes are still a lens in themselves, from which you cannot escape.

Quality wise its debatable, but its a fact that the Wii's third party software lineup is piss poor compared to the PS3 and Xbox360's third party lineup when you compare genres, third party developer support and the number of titles available physically.

I'm not arguing that the Wii's third party library rivals the PS3/360's. I agree that the Wii is far behind, but I also believe the PS3 and 360 are similarly far behind the Wii in terms of first party games.

I also agree with you that quantity is, uh, quantifiable (XD) but quality is not.

DieAppleDie said:
Im gonna make a thread about the most overlooked Wii 3rd party games
with pics and stuff, its gonna be awesome you watch!!

That's actually a fairly good idea for a thread.

sethnintendo said:
oniyide said:
this is a funny thread, got people listing 1st party games as 3rd party ones, another guy doesnt know a series went multiplat a while ago. ANd some who have clearly poor taste. None of those COD games should be categorized as anything but mediocore or poor IMHO. COD3 didnt even have multiplayer

Put over 600 hours combined on WaW and BO for the Wii.  They might be easy to diss when compared to the HD consoles but they were near the top FPS for the Wii. The Wiimote+nunchuck controls in WaW and BO handled even better than Goldeneye 007 (Wii) even with extra custom control tweaking (they should have just copied the controls direcetly from WaW).  Talk shit about them all you want but there are a few people that thought they were good.  I gave them both mid to high 80s score.

Yeah, "few" thats my point. You can praise the wiimote+nunchuck setup all you want(and you know what, nothing wrong with that it is good). But when the game not only looks worst, lags, has pop-in, broken textures, one of the games didnt even have multiplayer, choppy online, barely any updates and lacks even the option to buy additional content. Its not hard to imagine why damn near 90% of the gamers over look it. Now if you are willing to put up with all that just for motion controls, then more power to you, but you do know you're in the minority.  You gave them 80s? Ok, good for you, what did the professional reviews give it? You gave it 80s compared to what? Other Wii games, those are the best FPSs you can get on Wii and that right there just shows how sad the library really is, at least in regards to FPSs

oniyide said:
sethnintendo said:
oniyide said:
this is a funny thread, got people listing 1st party games as 3rd party ones, another guy doesnt know a series went multiplat a while ago. ANd some who have clearly poor taste. None of those COD games should be categorized as anything but mediocore or poor IMHO. COD3 didnt even have multiplayer

Put over 600 hours combined on WaW and BO for the Wii.  They might be easy to diss when compared to the HD consoles but they were near the top FPS for the Wii. The Wiimote+nunchuck controls in WaW and BO handled even better than Goldeneye 007 (Wii) even with extra custom control tweaking (they should have just copied the controls direcetly from WaW).  Talk shit about them all you want but there are a few people that thought they were good.  I gave them both mid to high 80s score.

Yeah, "few" thats my point. You can praise the wiimote+nunchuck setup all you want(and you know what, nothing wrong with that it is good). But when the game not only looks worst, lags, has pop-in, broken textures, one of the games didnt even have multiplayer, choppy online, barely any updates and lacks even the option to buy additional content. Its not hard to imagine why damn near 90% of the gamers over look it. Now if you are willing to put up with all that just for motion controls, then more power to you, but you do know you're in the minority.  You gave them 80s? Ok, good for you, what did the professional reviews give it? You gave it 80s compared to what? Other Wii games, those are the best FPSs you can get on Wii and that right there just shows how sad the library really is, at least in regards to FPSs

Why should I care? Professional reviewers have virtually no more credibility than any random gamer on a forum. They're just one person with an opinion, who just happens to be capable or semi-capable of expressing their opinion in writing. Not only do they rarely align with my own view, so I have no need for their perceptions, but looking at the numerous games that get bad reviews and good sales or vice versa, they often don't align with the views of the majority of gamers either. 

Reviewers have far too much undeserved power in gaming today, and they get it from sheep who play what they are told is good without forming their own opinions.

curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:

There actually is an objective critera that make a quality game, regardless of tase. Polishness, free of technical problems, satisfactory content and a good user interface just to name a few. You wont tell me there is anyone that hates these things. This is something that all quality games should have. Fun is subjective, quality isn't