By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Finished Uncharted 3 and sold PS3 in 15mins lol (easier than Craigslist or Ebay)

d21lewis said:

You know what you want but I don't agree with what you've done.  You've given up an established console with a great library for the promise of something better.  I think you're going to regret it.  Personally, I haven't purchased a retail PS3 game since MGS HD Collection last November but, I woun't ever get rid of it (and don't worry.  I'm not hating on the PS3.  Maybe 95% of the 360 games I bought this year are available on the PS3--NOBODY had great exclusives for the first 10 months of 2012).

I've been there for many console launches and there is always a bit of disappointment, a software drought, and some possible hardware issues.  I'm getting a Wii U at launch because I have no willpower.  But if the only way to get one was to trade a console, I would have waited.  Hope you don't regret the decision. 

Why do people keep thinking I needed to sell it.. I wanted to sell it as I'd rather free up space and $250.

I don't see how I'll regret it.

WiiU games I will have by March.
NSMBU, NintendoLand, AC3, BatmanAC, CODBLOPS2, Rayman, ZombiU, Pikmin3, MH3... as well as 3-5 digital games like TokiTori2 or N64/GC on the VC.

And that's not including games wife and kids want... JustDance4, Skylanders, etc...

PS3 games by March.
None. Zero. Zilch. After March, probably a few already mentioned in this thread... oh I lie, I probably would have considered the MEtrilogy, but that would have been low on the list as it takes time to play the above games first.

Facts are, I only keep what is giving me value. Kinda why I never bought a X360 as the PS3 already satisfied nearly any game I'd want except Gears.

I never regretted owning a Wii, so I don't see how I'll regret this. IF the WiiU begins to lack 3rd party AAA games, then I still wouldn't want the PS3 as I'd need neXtBox/PS4/upgradedPC anyways.

I really don't see why there is so much resistence to this idea.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:

(...)

It defies conventional wisdom.

Conventional wisdom is stupid. Meanwhile I have something I'll actually use and once I sell the Wii... I'll have paid next to nothing for it.

When I first read this topic, I thought that you had started a file in Uncharted 3, played the game to completion, and sold the PS3, all within the span of 15 minutes. I came in here expecting to hear about the exploits of a speed running god. I am disappointed.

do you game on a PC at all,a WiiU & PC combo sounds good

Above & Beyond

What seemed strange to me at first was for a person who always goes on about 3rd party support on Wii was how little 3rd party games he had on his PS3 , then it hit me he really only wants them for Nintendo , he may reply that he also has a PC for his 3rd party games , if that's true why complain about Nintendo's 3rd party support if the PC caters to his needs , and why did he even get a PS3 when deep down he wants just one console to rule them all , incidentally he's not alone so do a lot of PS360 gamers . .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
superchunk said:
HoloDust said:
You're right, it is funny - I'd say it's not only funny, but actually utterly silly. PS3 will get quite a lot of new quality content over next years (both retail and PSN), that with money you say you make I can't really see any logic in not only you selling it, but not having all consoles (and EVERY console EVER made has at least 3 titles that are must have). But, to each his own I guess...

Just comes down to available time to game. I'm a 37 year old father, husband, worker, etc. I only get a few hours a week for gaming so I have to be nitpicky.

Yeah, I understand completely, I'm pretty much in the same boat (just add 3 more years). I just find it strange you don't want to keep your consoles, specially if they are very much still alive with promise of great titles to come - and as I said there's always at least 3 titles on every console ever made that makes them worth not only having, but also keeping indefinitelly (I do admit I gave away my Wii, but since I gave it to my brother it's still kinda in the family, so I can borrow it whenever I need it). The way I see it, the more options you have, more easily you will find the game that you want to spend those few precious hours you have for gaming on. Sticking to one platform (when you can afford all of them) seems kinda...well, no offence, but fanboyish ;) (and this comes from someone who only cares for Mario Kart and Zelda when it comes to Nintendo, but will still get WiiU in some future just for that).

Good for you, even though you could have asked a bit more with 7 games.

Lololol. That makes you a wii only gamer. You know who else was a wii only gamer? My grandma until she died. You are officially=to my grandma. You better send me a christmas card.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

superchunk said:
d21lewis said:

You know what you want but I don't agree with what you've done.  You've given up an established console with a great library for the promise of something better.  I think you're going to regret it.  Personally, I haven't purchased a retail PS3 game since MGS HD Collection last November but, I woun't ever get rid of it (and don't worry.  I'm not hating on the PS3.  Maybe 95% of the 360 games I bought this year are available on the PS3--NOBODY had great exclusives for the first 10 months of 2012).

I've been there for many console launches and there is always a bit of disappointment, a software drought, and some possible hardware issues.  I'm getting a Wii U at launch because I have no willpower.  But if the only way to get one was to trade a console, I would have waited.  Hope you don't regret the decision. 

Why do people keep thinking I needed to sell it.. I wanted to sell it as I'd rather free up space and $250.

I don't see how I'll regret it.

WiiU games I will have by March.
NSMBU, NintendoLand, AC3, BatmanAC, CODBLOPS2, Rayman, ZombiU, Pikmin3, MH3... as well as 3-5 digital games like TokiTori2 or N64/GC on the VC.

And that's not including games wife and kids want... JustDance4, Skylanders, etc...

PS3 games by March.
None. Zero. Zilch. After March, probably a few already mentioned in this thread... oh I lie, I probably would have considered the MEtrilogy, but that would have been low on the list as it takes time to play the above games first.

Facts are, I only keep what is giving me value. Kinda why I never bought a X360 as the PS3 already satisfied nearly any game I'd want except Gears.

I never regretted owning a Wii, so I don't see how I'll regret this. IF the WiiU begins to lack 3rd party AAA games, then I still wouldn't want the PS3 as I'd need neXtBox/PS4/upgradedPC anyways.

I just feel that there's always something good coming for hardware as long as it's alive.  It's your call, though. -Did you at least pre-order?  Maybe you mentioned it in the thread somewhere but I can't read all of that.  My head aches.

I for one congratulate you. For all we know, the PS3 thanks you too. You friend Is happy; You are happy. The world moves on.