By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Finished Uncharted 3 and sold PS3 in 15mins lol (easier than Craigslist or Ebay)

This is kinda funny I think. I mentioned before that I was going to sell my PS3 and eventually my Wii since I'm buying a WiiU. So tonight I finally got around to finishing Uncharted 3 (good game, but ending was the easiest of any of them and not as good).

As credits were still rolling I went to FB and posted, "YAY! Finally finished Ucharted 3... and with that, anyone want a 250GB PS3 with 7games, my PSN ID, and two wireless controllers for $250?"

Within 15 mins a old school friend wanted and I was headed out my door with it all packaged back up in the box to sell for the $250. Man that was faster than anything I've sold on Craigslist or Ebay.

With that, I now have $250 more for my WiiU purchase. I figure I'll copy all Wii data over, wipe Wii, and try to sell it with a couple controllers and a few games for $100. Might have to negotiate on that one depending on the games I toss in. I have a lot to give that I or my kids don't play anymore.

Around the Network

That's....weird.
Why sell the PS3 to buy a Wii U? Do you not have a job? Do you not see there are more games out there than just Uncharted 3?

Very nice.  And I agree about U3, the ending blew hard.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

I took the easy way out and just gave it to Gamestop for $150, but I still have all my games and I wiped the hard drive before I got rid of it so they don't have my info.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Lol, personally I keep all my systems unless I get an awesome deal. Never know if I want to play it in 16 years. Like me and super nintendo right now lol.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
That's....weird.
Why sell the PS3 to buy a Wii U? Do you not have a job? Do you not see there are more games out there than just Uncharted 3?

I only bought it to play the 3rd party games that were not coming on Wii due to the ignorance of those publishers. The only game I'll be missing is Uncharted and meh not that big of a deal. I find it weird that people keep and eventually just store these things vs selling them to recycle that money.

I do have a job and actually make over six figures, but why keep a system that will not be used much and will lose value? Might as well sell it now at a good value and use that money on something I want to continue to play.

I have to get the Wii U, up to 5 games, extra wiimote/nunchuks (will sell older versions with Wii), and possibly a pro controller.

I will also sell my Wii as soon as I transfer the games/data to my new WiiU.

Farsala said:
Lol, personally I keep all my systems unless I get an awesome deal. Never know if I want to play it in 16 years. Like me and super nintendo right now lol.

virtual console

turtuls said:
I took the easy way out and just gave it to Gamestop for $150, but I still have all my games and I wiped the hard drive before I got rid of it so they don't have my info.

Didn't have any data in there I cared about. Just games and game saves. I never added a credit card and part of the value is all the digital games and DLC.

superchunk said:
Farsala said:

virtual console

I like to have a backup as well. My PS3 is BC but they can break. So I kept my PS2 and PS1. Same with any other console imo.

Are you sure 3rd parties didn't port over PS3 games onto Wii for another reason besides ignorance.. I mean you've played AC..

mM