By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Finished Uncharted 3 and sold PS3 in 15mins lol (easier than Craigslist or Ebay)

The PS3 is in high demand now. Not surprised you sold it that fast!

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:

What the hell man... a real man baby would buy every console with every game with that kind of money. You're a fraud superchunk!!

lol no, just don't have the time. So I only get games I know I'll want to play.

hunter_alien said:

Never the less, not as far as Wii/PS360. Yes Its a huge difference, but the Wii version would have probably looked like Bloodlines on the PSP. You really wanted that?

OT: you actually got a pretty good value from the console and 7 games

I don't think PSP was that close to Wii in power and tech use. I think it would have been better than that, but of course I could be very wrong with that.

Thank you, I think I did pretty well and I am astonished I did it so quickly.

HoloDust said:
You're right, it is funny - I'd say it's not only funny, but actually utterly silly. PS3 will get quite a lot of new quality content over next years (both retail and PSN), that with money you say you make I can't really see any logic in not only you selling it, but not having all consoles (and EVERY console EVER made has at least 3 titles that are must have). But, to each his own I guess...

Just comes down to available time to game. I'm a 37 year old father, husband, worker, etc. I only get a few hours a week for gaming so I have to be nitpicky.

But now you'll miss out on Grand Theft Auto V and Hitman!

Around the Network
superchunk said:
darkknightkryta said:
Should have at least kept your PSN...

For what? I have no intention of owning another Sony console and part of the value was the digital games DLC multiplayer on BF3, etc.

I will only buy another nonNintendo console if what happened to Wii, happens to WiiU... and that won't be for at least 3 years.. and then who knows what I'd get if anything. May just upgrade whatever PC I have then and just use Steam.

well then let me be the first to congradulate you on your (inevitable) ps4!

pezus said:
This thread proves that PS3's sell like hot cakes these days.
I don't understand why you see the need to sell it if you make six figures at your job though. Personally, I almost never sell any of my stuff. Never know what you might miss out on in the future.

I don't understand the need to waste money. If you have something you know you won't touch, why not get some return on that investment?

I'm going to buy the WiiU no matter what.
Its going to have the same 3rd party games as the PS3.
Nintendo first party is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sony first party. (IMO)

My kids only play DSis, Wii, and occasionally LBP2. The upcoming exclusive games (2 I see interest) on PS3 look nice, but, with all the WiiU content and 3rd party content being primarily the same... I don't see me having any need for it. I'll barely be able to have the time to play the WiiU games that I want more.

Instead, I now have a return of $250 on my initial $$ spent on the PS3 and its content (see above) and that can be spent on the WiiU content I would prefer.

Jay520 said:
But now you'll miss out on Grand Theft Auto V and Hitman!

I wouldn't buy either of those anyways.

You're dead to me

/exits thread

superchunk said:

This is kinda funny I think. I mentioned before that I was going to sell my PS3 and eventually my Wii since I'm buying a WiiU. So tonight I finally got around to finishing Uncharted 3 (good game, but ending was the easiest of any of them and not as good).

As credits were still rolling I went to FB and posted, "YAY! Finally finished Ucharted 3... and with that, anyone want a 250GB PS3 with 7games, my PSN ID, and two wireless controllers for $250?"

Within 15 mins a old school friend wanted and I was headed out my door with it all packaged back up in the box to sell for the $250. Man that was faster than anything I've sold on Craigslist or Ebay.

With that, I now have $250 more for my WiiU purchase. I figure I'll copy all Wii data over, wipe Wii, and try to sell it with a couple controllers and a few games for $100. Might have to negotiate on that one depending on the games I toss in. I have a lot to give that I or my kids don't play anymore.

but but, what about The Last of Us, Ni no Kuni, The Last Guardian, and Beyond 2 Souls? ^^;