By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Finished Uncharted 3 and sold PS3 in 15mins lol (easier than Craigslist or Ebay)

pezus said:
JWeinCom said:
When I first read this topic, I thought that you had started a file in Uncharted 3, played the game to completion, and sold the PS3, all within the span of 15 minutes. I came in here expecting to hear about the exploits of a speed running god. I am disappointed.

That's what I was expecting at first as well

Me three. Never expected to get a run down personal income and gaming life information.

I can somewhat relate to what he is saying though.

I have owned every major system since I was a kid and it just doesn't make sense anymore. Time to play is getting more limited as more important things in life take away my time - more important to me anyway.

Soon I will have to pick one of the three consoles and leave it at that.

I will however get the wii u.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
VGKing said:
That's....weird.
Why sell the PS3 to buy a Wii U? Do you not have a job? Do you not see there are more games out there than just Uncharted 3?

I only bought it to play the 3rd party games that were not coming on Wii due to the ignorance of those publishers. The only game I'll be missing is Uncharted and meh not that big of a deal. I find it weird that people keep and eventually just store these things vs selling them to recycle that money.

I do have a job and actually make over six figures, but why keep a system that will not be used much and will lose value? Might as well sell it now at a good value and use that money on something I want to continue to play.

I have to get the Wii U, up to 5 games, extra wiimote/nunchuks (will sell older versions with Wii), and possibly a pro controller.

I will also sell my Wii as soon as I transfer the games/data to my new WiiU.

But there's still plenty of good games coming to PS3! Games you can't get anywhere else..

I've sold consoles before, but only because I had no choice.

I guess I'm kinda a collector now since I keep all my games.(even though I don't play 90% of them anymore)

homer said:
Lololol. That makes you a wii only gamer. You know who else was a wii only gamer? My grandma until she died. You are officially=to my grandma. You better send me a christmas card.

Nothing wrong with having a preference. We all do.

Cool story, bro.

Have fun playing the exact same third party games on the Wii U that you've played on the PS360 years ago.

Just kidding.

I'm getting a Wii U, but for a different reason. First and third party exclusive games. Also, since I have Wii games but no Wii, I'll finally have my own Wii console to play my games rather than at a friends house.

This doesn't do anything for you?

Around the Network

Superchunck. I have bad news.

You see... it was all a dream. See this video and you will understand. (Beware of UC3 spoilers)

From this thread I believe a lot of peeps are against you selling your PS3 because they work for sony or are developing games for the system and don't want to lose sales, that's the only rational explanation. I did the same thing as you, sold my ps3 to gamestop for $180 (they were doing a double the credit for consoles special) in order to have more money to buy a Wii-U. If I ever felt like playing some more ps3 games down the road I'll just buy another one, they'll probably be dirt cheap in a few years anyway when the ps4 comes out. Not sure why people get that worked up over your current gaming preference.

biggamejames79 said:
From this thread I believe a lot of peeps are against you selling your PS3 because they work for sony or are developing games for the system and don't want to lose sales, that's the only rational explanation. I did the same thing as you, sold my ps3 to gamestop for $180 (they were doing a double the credit for consoles special) in order to have more money to buy a Wii-U. If I ever felt like playing some more ps3 games down the road I'll just buy another one, they'll probably be dirt cheap in a few years anyway when the ps4 comes out. Not sure why people get that worked up over your current gaming preference.

The PS3 is my least favorite console this gen but I'm still against him selling it for a Wii U!  I'm even buying a Wii U (ONLY NINE MORE DAYS!!).  I guess the collector in me can't understand his logic.

biggamejames79 said:

So you'll keep selling and rebuying a PS3 once a game you want to play comes out? Not a very good plan.

Why not just save a little money  to buy a Wii U in advance? It was announced way back at E3 2011...

Anyway I couldn't care less what a stranger does with their PS3. Not my problem.

d21lewis said:

The PS3 is my least favorite console this gen but I'm still against him selling it for a Wii U!  I'm even buying a Wii U (ONLY NINE MORE DAYS!!).  I guess the collector in me can't understand his logic.

People have different preferences, some of us like to keep on piling the consoles on our closets while other sell them and spare the room for something else. I am unfortunately one of those who keep on collecting consoles and games. Especially games, it pains me to see my unopened games. It really does.