By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many concurrent online users are on Halo 4 right now?

VGKing said:
Argh_College said:
yo_john117 said:
D-Joe said:
Nsanity said:
VGKing said:
iFlow said:
Online says 350,000. However, that doesn't count Sp Ops and Campaign. I would say around 900k - 1.3 million.

Online multiplayer is what he is looking for. 

I'm betting OP wants to compare it to maybe Modern Warfare 3 or the upcoming Black Ops 2.

I can say that Modern Warfare 3 posted much higher numbers on launch week.(on PS3).Can't remember the exact number but it was definitely upwards of 600k. I would imagine it approach the million mark on 360.

Maybe the OP wanted  to compare Halo 4 numbers to Halo Reach.

It's hard to compare,Reach inculded campaign

Really? Well that would make a lot more sense considering everything. I always wondered why Halo: Reach had so many people on MP during it's first few weeks.

Does anyone know if Waypoint tracks all those numbers? Cause I haven't seen anything it yet.

Reach and Call of Duties include everything from Campaign to Co-op modes it just says how many milions are online or thousands... it includes every game mode, Halo 4 you only see in War Games wich by the way its already way over what Reach had in the launch days online!

Campaign is king at the beginning, hell even Gears of War 3 still has more people playing the Arcade campaign than online game modes, just go check it out.

Pretty sure that's not true. You see in Modern Warfare 3, Campaign, Spec Ops and Multiplayer are essentialy their own game. If you go to multiplayer it shows you how many people are in each playlist. So no, it doesn't include any from Spec Ops or Campaign.

The "Total Players Online" does though. For example as I'm writing this, there are 277,087 people in MW3 playlists, while there are 329,692 in total. 

on Xbox Live ?? i though there would be 500k

Around the Network
pezus said:
selnor said:

Last night 1.1 million were online at 120am gmt.

Infinity slayer had 575,000 alone.

If true, then it's amazing how much the numbers fluctuate. As a comparison, the Dota 2 beta usually has 120k+ people playing with a peak of 140-150k. Doesn't drop below 100k I don't think.

Dota 2 has the advantage that it is much closer to a 50/50 split between USA and Europe than Halo 4 is. But it still fluctuates pretty heavily. I was playing it rather late last night EST time and it had 60k people online. I've seen it dip lower than 40k but that was a week ago.

pezus said:
selnor said:

If true, then it's amazing how much the numbers fluctuate. As a comparison, the Dota 2 beta usually has 120k+ people playing with a peak of 140-150k. Doesn't drop below 100k I don't think.

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=570&from=1349867104

One of the handiest tools on the internet.

Click on the "All Time" button and check the growth.

NobleTeam360 said:
According to what my screen is showing only 377,000 people are playing but I'm not sure if they show global numbers or just different servers. If 377,000 is global then that is a rather small number of people playing out of the 3.1 million day one sales.

even though a huge number of people bought the game doesnt mean they will all play it at the same time, 377k is a huge number of people playing it online

pezus said:
wfz said:
pezus said:
selnor said:

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=570&from=1349867104

One of the handiest tools on the internet.

Click on the "All Time" button and check the growth.

Damn son. Dat growth. Nice website you've got there.

Also, looks like enrageorange was indeed correct

No Halo figures. Bad site. Bad site.

Around the Network
Argh_College said:
Nope you guys are crazy if you think Mw3 is ahead LOL

Mw3 has like 150k on online playlist and 290/300k Total.

Halo 4 alone on MP has over 350K and most of the people is playing campaign anyway.

Gears of War 3 was the same 120k people on Multi and 320k people on campaign on Arcade when i got the game firt day.

So Halo 4 probably already had 1-1.3m concurrent users, thats alot but Next Week Black Ops 2 is gonna make that number look like a joke.

Modern warfare has atleast 400-500k players online on the ps3 at any given time, and that's just multiplayer, not spec ops

007BondAgent said:
Argh_College said:

Halo 4 alone on MP has over 350K and most of the people is playing campaign anyway.

Gears of War 3 was the same 120k people on Multi and 320k people on campaign on Arcade when i got the game firt day.

So Halo 4 probably already had 1-1.3m concurrent users, thats alot but Next Week Black Ops 2 is gonna make that number look like a joke.

Modern warfare has atleast 400-500k players online on the ps3 at any given time, and that's just multiplayer, not spec ops

?????????????

Just turned it on. I make it 39,000???????????

Just multiplayer on PS3

Literally about 100k in Wargames matchmaking now.

This doesnt include Spartan Ops, Campaign or Forge.

Also no where near a peak time.

selnor said:
007BondAgent said:
Argh_College said:

?????????????

Just turned it on. I make it 39,000???????????

Just multiplayer on PS3

i played it today and there was 428,000

are you sure, i have never seen it that low.

About 6000 people in Spartan Ops matchmaking.