By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many concurrent online users are on Halo 4 right now?

Argh_College said:
yo_john117 said:
D-Joe said:
Nsanity said:
VGKing said:
iFlow said:
Online says 350,000. However, that doesn't count Sp Ops and Campaign. I would say around 900k - 1.3 million.

Online multiplayer is what he is looking for. 

I'm betting OP wants to compare it to maybe Modern Warfare 3 or the upcoming Black Ops 2.

I can say that Modern Warfare 3 posted much higher numbers on launch week.(on PS3).Can't remember the exact number but it was definitely upwards of 600k. I would imagine it approach the million mark on 360.

Maybe the OP wanted  to compare Halo 4 numbers to Halo Reach.

It's hard to compare,Reach inculded campaign

Really? Well that would make a lot more sense considering everything. I always wondered why Halo: Reach had so many people on MP during it's first few weeks.

Does anyone know if Waypoint tracks all those numbers? Cause I haven't seen anything it yet.

Reach and Call of Duties include everything from Campaign to Co-op modes it just says how many milions are online or thousands... it includes every game mode, Halo 4 you only see in War Games wich by the way its already way over what Reach had in the launch days online!

Campaign is king at the beginning, hell even Gears of War 3 still has more people playing the Arcade campaign than online game modes, just go check it out.

Do you remember what reach had for it's MP modes for the first week or so?

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
D-Joe said:
yo_john117 said:
D-Joe said:
Nsanity said:
VGKing said:
iFlow said:
Online says 350,000. However, that doesn't count Sp Ops and Campaign. I would say around 900k - 1.3 million.

I'm betting OP wants to compare it to maybe Modern Warfare 3 or the upcoming Black Ops 2.

I can say that Modern Warfare 3 posted much higher numbers on launch week.(on PS3).Can't remember the exact number but it was definitely upwards of 600k. I would imagine it approach the million mark on 360.

Really? Well that would make a lot more sense considering everything. I always wondered why Halo: Reach had so many people on MP during it's first few weeks.

Does anyone know if Waypoint tracks all those numbers? Cause I haven't seen anything it yet.

I don't,seems like they only track the mp,doesn't track campaign/spartan ops/forge/custom games

Do you have a link so I can see those numbers? I can't find them anywhere.

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/playlists
Seems like it's more than few days ago(at same time few days ago),guess people are finished the campaign and coming to mp mode

Here is some vital info...

Halo: Reaches online numbers peaked at 900k THE FIRST FRIDAY AFTER LAUNCH. Tonight is the time to check Halo 4's numbers.

HOWEVER, reaches numbers included people who were playing campaign, forge, firefight, theatre and even people who weren't playing anything and just sitting on the home screen or something. Halo 4's only shows people who are ACTUALLY PLAYING in each individual playlist...so 300k+ is MASSIVE!

D-Joe said:
yo_john117 said:
D-Joe said:

I don't,seems like they only track the mp,doesn't track campaign/spartan ops/forge/custom games

Do you have a link so I can see those numbers? I can't find them anywhere.

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/playlists
Seems like it's more than few days ago(at same time few days ago),guess people are finished the campaign and coming to mp mode

Yeah that seems like it was from a while ago. Although most Americans are offline so the numbers could be true. 

yo_john117 said:
Argh_College said:
yo_john117 said:
D-Joe said:
Nsanity said:
VGKing said:
iFlow said:

Reach and Call of Duties include everything from Campaign to Co-op modes it just says how many milions are online or thousands... it includes every game mode, Halo 4 you only see in War Games wich by the way its already way over what Reach had in the launch days online!

Campaign is king at the beginning, hell even Gears of War 3 still has more people playing the Arcade campaign than online game modes, just go check it out.

Do you remember what reach had for it's MP modes for the first week or so?

I remember seeing 120k on Team Slayer. Not sure though.

Team Slayer is the most played game mode.

Around the Network

Last night 1.1 million were online at 120am gmt.

Infinity slayer had 575,000 alone.

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2012/11/08/The-Halo-Bulletin-11812-.aspx

More people played Halo 4 in the first 24 hours than any other Halo launch day in history.

D-Joe said:
http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2012/11/08/The-Halo-Bulletin-11812-.aspx

More people played Halo 4 in the first 24 hours than any other Halo launch day in history.

Bs Angel: We’ll be sharing more details on Monday, but that should whet your appetite for the hard stats that are coming.

Argh_College said:
yo_john117 said:
D-Joe said:
Nsanity said:
VGKing said:
iFlow said:

Pretty sure that's not true. You see in Modern Warfare 3, Campaign, Spec Ops and Multiplayer are essentialy their own game. If you go to multiplayer it shows you how many people are in each playlist. So no, it doesn't include any from Spec Ops or Campaign.

The "Total Players Online" does though. For example as I'm writing this, there are 277,087 people in MW3 playlists, while there are 329,692 in total. 

Great im playing right now... im pretty good at Halo.