By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't even know who half the characters are in Playstation All-Stars.

pezus said:

Their most successful franchise unfortunately doesn't have any real characters, but I've always wanted to see cars in a fighter.

We have! in 1996: Fighters Megamix by Sega for Saturn

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

So I'll get straight to the point
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
- Kratos (anyone who plays games knows Kratos)
- Ratchet & Clank (Sony's most known exclusive Platformer characters)
- Jak & Daxter (From Naughty Dog, also platforming rivals to Ratchet and argued about as to whether its better or ratchet)
- Sly Cooper (The third rivaling platforming series to Ratchet and Jak games, it is the least known and least popular of the 3 but everyone who actually isn't blind seen him before aswell)
- Sackboy (If you don't know Sackboy then you clearly shouldn't even talk, LittleBigPlanet)
- Sweet Tooth (Anyone not born in the late 90s onward knows him and anyone after should know him, Twisted Metal is the biggest Car Combat series and the best and Sweet Tooth is the Biggest character in the series)
- Spike (He is more popular with the japanese croud I believe, but He isn't to known, but I'm sure people known Ape Escape, cause that's a popular old series)
- Sir Dan (I actually didn't know who that was and then I looked it up and realized I did just didn't know his name, I use to play medevil back in the day at a friends)
- Raiden (well known Metal Gear Solid Character releasing a spinoff title next year, and premiered on PS2 in MGS2)
- Nariko (people may not know her name but everyone should know her by atleast Heavenly Sword Girl, see was popularized as the Female Kratos, if you don't know her your either not a game player, or just in denial, her commercial played forever, the demo was on all demo ps3s for like 2 years)
- Big Daddy (Is well known, you know him if you play anything apart from nintendo, cause it is heavily advertised)
- Good/Evil Cole (inFamous, also anyone who played the series knows there are drastically different)
- Dante (Devil May Cry, possible some don't know his name cause it was a hardcore ps2 hit so only the fans of the style really knew it good)
- Fat Princess should be known by ALL PS3, as Fat Princess is one of the best and one of the highest selling PSN titles
- Parappa (was a popular PSOne game that only people old enough at the time would remember, I personally didn't play a Parappa game but ALWAYS knew who he was)
- Radec (Killzone, people who haven't played killzone probably don't know him, but anyone could tell where hes from)
- Mr Tekken (no excuse for anyone, Tekken is one of the biggest Fighting games, if you don't know him, its nothing to use against the game, I know him by looks, yet I hate and don't play tekken, though it isn't really a bad series, just im a SF kinda guy)
- Toro has been in streetfighter x tekken and a few other games but really is the mascot for PS in JPN so its understandable
- Drake (Uncharted is all I have to say)
Point is apart from about 3 characters all of these characters are popular enough to where this article is just non sense.
I play abunch of Nintendo from Nintendo to N64 All I had was Nintendo stuff (got PSOne in 1999) and yet in the first smash I played and was like
Mario!
Luigi!
Yoshi!
Donkey Kong!
Link!
Pikachu!
Jiggly Puff!
Then I was like
Fox?
Samus...
Captain Falcon (WTF!?)
Ness (WTF!?)
I realized who fox was after cause I owned Star Fox 64, but I didn't think it was him cause his name wasn't star fox. But my point is I didn't know 3 for the original smash and now, I know them and Ness is one of my fav Nintendo characters and I like earthbound and tried it only cause smash. I didn't know, Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Marth, Roy, etc in Melee and found out who they were cause of it and Note apart from 2 LSA has 19 Series in it, I'm not even sure, Brawl has 19 different games. Also, they could easily do stuff lime make Dr. Nafarious, Captain Quark, Sully, Sev, Elena, The Murray, and so on but one character is enough for now. It has nothing to do with characters not being known cause Quark is well known, sully is and so on

miz1q2w3e said:
pezus said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Oh, you sounded so certain. I was mostly asking about the "reserving" part, total BS if true.

Well I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's very very likely. And I explained what I meant by "reserving" - It's in the plans, but not characters that are ready and they are holding back.

Again, no proof ;)

Pezus never has proof...for anything. Don't believe anything that comes put of his mouth.

I would lock this, but I don't want to be the bastard who locks the first weezy thread for like two years.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

weezy!!! my man where u been man. needs you around here more often for comic relief

Around the Network
Rafux said:
"The Tekken guy" for some reason that made me laugh a lot

is it suppose to be funny? cause im laughing too

...Funny how everyone in this thread makes everything all about them.

Rather narrow minded and not becoming of a would be sales analyst...that you all seem to credit yourselves as.

It's fact *most people* don't have a clue who *most* of the roster is.

most people does not = you, which is rather obvious really....but apparently not.

Kantor said:
I would lock this, but I don't want to be the bastard who locks the first weezy thread for like two years.

Don't think you can win over the mob's affection, Kantor.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Teflon02 said:
So I'll get straight to the point
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
- Kratos (anyone who plays games knows Kratos)
- Ratchet & Clank (Sony's most known exclusive Platformer characters)
- Jak & Daxter (From Naughty Dog, also platforming rivals to Ratchet and argued about as to whether its better or ratchet)
- Sly Cooper (The third rivaling platforming series to Ratchet and Jak games, it is the least known and least popular of the 3 but everyone who actually isn't blind seen him before aswell)
- Sackboy (If you don't know Sackboy then you clearly shouldn't even talk, LittleBigPlanet)
- Sweet Tooth (Anyone not born in the late 90s onward knows him and anyone after should know him, Twisted Metal is the biggest Car Combat series and the best and Sweet Tooth is the Biggest character in the series)
- Spike (He is more popular with the japanese croud I believe, but He isn't to known, but I'm sure people known Ape Escape, cause that's a popular old series)
- Sir Dan (I actually didn't know who that was and then I looked it up and realized I did just didn't know his name, I use to play medevil back in the day at a friends)
- Raiden (well known Metal Gear Solid Character releasing a spinoff title next year, and premiered on PS2 in MGS2)
- Nariko (people may not know her name but everyone should know her by atleast Heavenly Sword Girl, see was popularized as the Female Kratos, if you don't know her your either not a game player, or just in denial, her commercial played forever, the demo was on all demo ps3s for like 2 years)
- Big Daddy (Is well known, you know him if you play anything apart from nintendo, cause it is heavily advertised)
- Good/Evil Cole (inFamous, also anyone who played the series knows there are drastically different)
- Dante (Devil May Cry, possible some don't know his name cause it was a hardcore ps2 hit so only the fans of the style really knew it good)
- Fat Princess should be known by ALL PS3, as Fat Princess is one of the best and one of the highest selling PSN titles
- Parappa (was a popular PSOne game that only people old enough at the time would remember, I personally didn't play a Parappa game but ALWAYS knew who he was)
- Radec (Killzone, people who haven't played killzone probably don't know him, but anyone could tell where hes from)
- Mr Tekken (no excuse for anyone, Tekken is one of the biggest Fighting games, if you don't know him, its nothing to use against the game, I know him by looks, yet I hate and don't play tekken, though it isn't really a bad series, just im a SF kinda guy)
- Toro has been in streetfighter x tekken and a few other games but really is the mascot for PS in JPN so its understandable
- Drake (Uncharted is all I have to say)
Point is apart from about 3 characters all of these characters are popular enough to where this article is just non sense.
I play abunch of Nintendo from Nintendo to N64 All I had was Nintendo stuff (got PSOne in 1999) and yet in the first smash I played and was like
Mario!
Luigi!
Yoshi!
Donkey Kong!
Link!
Pikachu!
Jiggly Puff!
Then I was like
Fox?
Samus...
Captain Falcon (WTF!?)
Ness (WTF!?)
I realized who fox was after cause I owned Star Fox 64, but I didn't think it was him cause his name wasn't star fox. But my point is I didn't know 3 for the original smash and now, I know them and Ness is one of my fav Nintendo characters and I like earthbound and tried it only cause smash. I didn't know, Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Marth, Roy, etc in Melee and found out who they were cause of it and Note apart from 2 LSA has 19 Series in it, I'm not even sure, Brawl has 19 different games. Also, they could easily do stuff lime make Dr. Nafarious, Captain Quark, Sully, Sev, Elena, The Murray, and so on but one character is enough for now. It has nothing to do with characters not being known cause Quark is well known, sully is and so on

Solid post.

fillet said:
...Funny how everyone in this thread makes everything all about them.

Rather narrow minded and not becoming of a would be sales analyst...that you all seem to credit yourselves as.

It's fact *most people* don't have a clue who *most* of the roster is.

most people does not = you, which is rather obvious really....but apparently not.

Most people aren't gamers and wouldn't know this game existed. Obviously we scale down "most people" to "most gamers" so that it is even worth discussing. However that train of thought continues and scales "most gamers" to "Sony gamers". Beyond that we can get so specific as "hardcore Sony gamers that play religiously". Obviously most people know 0/20 while at the opposite side of the spectrum hardcore sony players know 20/20. The important question I think is where this 10/20 croud lies which judging by these posts is right above "most gamers".

The problem this game has is that there aren't a lot of "Sony fans" out there (Fans who loves Sony franchises the most and seeks out to buy/play most of them, I have never seen one before in my life) . For example: Fans of GOW don't really belong to a particular fan base known as 'Sony fans'. Most of the players just look at the game as a cool exclusive for PS2/PS3. So fans of GOW won't necessarily be a fan or familiar with Rachet and Clank and vice-versa, etc, even though each franchise sold well separately. You're hardly gonna find anyone who are really fans/familiar with all/most of the names at once. Sales of these type of products depend on overlap between fans.

On the other hand Nintendo has a lot of overlap between fans of their franchises. This was assisted by the N64 era where mosty Nintendo games were more or less "THE" games to buy on the console.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)