By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't even know who half the characters are in Playstation All-Stars.

That's pretty sad honestly, and I'm not a fan of 1st party Sony stuff.

Around the Network
pezus said:
miz1q2w3e said:
pezus said:

No, it's because they're reserving some characters for DLC. Hopefully Zeus, Sully and Snake at least. 

Seriously? ...Also, got proof?

If true then that sucks.

No proof, but I think that's definitely in the plans. I base this on almost every single game getting DLC nowadays, and many planning the DLC before the game comes out. I don't think they have more characters ready to go and sell, but they are probably working on it right now (or will soon).

Oh, you sounded so certain. I was mostly asking about the "reserving" part, total BS if true.

pezus said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Oh, you sounded so certain. I was mostly asking about the "reserving" part, total BS if true.

Well I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's very very likely. And I explained what I meant by "reserving" - It's in the plans, but not characters that are ready and they are holding back.

Again, no proof ;)

pezus said:
miz1q2w3e said:
pezus said:
No proof, but I think that's definitely in the plans. I base this on almost every single game getting DLC nowadays, and many planning the DLC before the game comes out. I don't think they have more characters ready to go and sell, but they are probably working on it right now (or will soon).

Well I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's very very likely. And I explained what I meant by "reserving" - It's in the plans, but not characters that are ready and they are holding back.

"We won’t be talking specifically about DLC characters [yet], other than to say that we will absolutely be doing them."

Read more into that here:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/08/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-director-on-choosing-characters-vita-development/

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

pezus said:
Roma said:

I'm actually surprised at how many I know. lets see here, Drake, Krates, Jack and Dickster, Sack Boy, Fat princess (that looks like a fat Peach) but I've only played GoW

is i right?

Tell me you know these two:

yeah I know them as well just couldn't remember their names before now I do though Ratchat and Clank right? they are like Jack and Dixter though aren't they?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
pezus said:
miz1q2w3e said:
pezus said:

"We won’t be talking specifically about DLC characters [yet], other than to say that we will absolutely be doing them."

Read more into that here:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/08/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-director-on-choosing-characters-vita-development/

Yeah, I already knew the game was getting DLC, but it was never confirmed whether they were holding back some characters. I doubt they would admit to something like that anyway.

Dont worry your not alone. Even if the Sony diehards tell you otherwise, even they know many of these characters were from games that never really took off. And many are 3rd party to help boost the ranks.

Gameplay looks fine, but thats another matter.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

My real gaming life started from PS2 era though I played Gameboy a lot. But I owned PS2 and played lots of games on it. I know most of the characters in the Battle Royale except Parappa, Toro and Heihachi (Maybe because they are japanese game characters).

Now if you compare this game to SSB, you can fill the roster with more recognizable characters if you put 2-3 characters per game in PSABR.

So, it's like we have Nathan Drake- We can add Sully and Elena. Then you get more recognizable characters in the game.

JoeTheBro said:
So this thread is filled with Nintendo guys arguing against the roster. Sorry to burst your bubbles but no one cares. As for people that at least associate with Sony you are free to complain about characters as much as you want. Just don't forget that DLC will be constantly released with many free additions too.

Fat Princess is the only character on the roster I've never heard of, well and polygon man ;)

That... cat thing... whoever the hell that is, is the only character on the All-Stars roster roster completely foreign to me.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I know each one of them, i just dont care a lot for the most of the roster. Weird choices compared to what they could have brought form the ps2/ps1 era.