By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW & SW up ! (3rd November)

DS outsells Vita in the US

Around the Network

I'm surprised that the PS3 outsold the 360 last week. Usually around this time, the 360 starts outselling the PS3. Of course, now Halo 4 is out, the 360 is going to definitely outsell the PS3 this week. Tales of Xillia 2 didn't move as many PS3's as I thought, though it was released near the end of last week. Perhaps we might see a larger PS3 sales boost in Japan this week.

After seeing the NPD number I really want to take back everything I said here, the numbers seem too optimistic

Why is everyone dooming Vita? It's taken bite out of Nintendo again and jumped to 12.7%.

Aura7541 said:
I'm surprised that the PS3 outsold the 360 last week. Usually around this time, the 360 starts outselling the PS3. Of course, now Halo 4 is out, the 360 is going to definitely outsell the PS3 this week. Tales of Xillia 2 didn't move as many PS3's as I thought, though it was released near the end of last week. Perhaps we might see a larger PS3 sales boost in Japan this week.

360 is still overtracked by 500k for December 2011. NPD 1.7m while VGZ shows almost 2.3m for 360, and PS3 overtracked by 140k. If we correct those sales according to NPD then difference between both consoles last year is basically nothing WW in december.

VGZ 360 WW December 2011: 3.97m (3.49m adjusted)

VGZ PS3 WW December 2011: 3.44m (3.3m adjusted)

Difference of about just 200k in most important month. Since sales in US are declining it seem PS3 will outsell 360 this December.

Around the Network
Galaki said:
Why is everyone dooming Vita? It's taken bite out of Nintendo again and jumped to 12.7%.

LOL

VGKing said:
samuship said:
I don't know, I thought 60k for the week of the biggest release of the year for the Vita was a poor number...

It is poor, but considering the sales of previous weeks, any sort of boost is welcome.
I think the game will have legs, and combined with the Black Ops bundle next week, it should post modest holiday sales.

There are some stores doing Vita bundles for $199. I think we'll see a huge boost to the Assassin's Creed bundle in particular.

It looks like the the AC3: Liberation bundle will not be on sale for $199 and the Black Ops bundle will only be $199 on Black Friday.

Whats Vgchartz source?

shanbcn said:
Aura7541 said:

360 is still overtracked by 500k for December 2011. NPD 1.7m while VGZ shows almost 2.3m for 360, and PS3 overtracked by 140k. If we correct those sales according to NPD then difference between both consoles last year is basically nothing WW in december.

Difference of about just 200k in most important month. Since sales in US are declining it seem PS3 will outsell 360 this December.

Those 500K overtracked must have been sold in another countries, because MS shipped 2 million more consoles than the number VGChartz says were sold that quarter. You can't do that simple math, if it's overtracked in USA, it doesn't mean MS sold 500K less worldwide.

Kynes said:
shanbcn said:
Aura7541 said:

Those 500K overtracked must have been sold in another countries, because MS shipped 2 million more consoles than the number VGChartz says were sold that quarter. You can't do that simple math, if it's overtracked in USA, it doesn't mean MS sold 500K less worldwide.

Which other countries? Its not like we dont get reports from Nintendo every quarter about sales in Europe.