By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW & SW up ! (3rd November)

Given the fact that the PS3 is still the most expensive non-handheld console on the market this late in the game, it's very impressive it's selling this well above the Xbox 360 and Wii.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
Given the fact that the PS3 is still the most expensive non-handheld console on the market this late in the game, it's very impressive it's selling this well above the Xbox 360 and Wii.

For sure, PS3 will most likely be the top selling home console of 2012.

Jay520 said:

Looks like littleBigPlanet crossed 5m this week

Pos Game Platform Year Genre Publisher Na Eu Jp Other Global
153 LittleBigPlanet PS3 2008 Platform Sony Computer Entertainment 2.51 1.58 0.17 0.76 5.01

Weird how this game still sells even with the PSN giveaway and the release of LBP2

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

3DS selling like a beast, PS3 continuing to outsell X360, and the Vita is selling behind an obsolete Wii. Interesting to see how numbers stack up in 2-3 weeks. I have a feeling the 3DS is gonna be dethroned by an upcoming console!!!

pezus said:

Another new release, NFS: Most Wanted, sold 190k on 360 and 260k on PS3. Both versions might reach a million before the end of the year, PS3 version at least guaranteed.

As a comparison, Forza Horizon sold 330k FW on 360 only and 160k this week.

NFS: Most Wanted should have done better.  Also Vita sales still look disapointing.  The AC3 Liberation bundle should have gave it a bigger boost.  It should do a lot better on Black Friday week (week ending November 24).

Around the Network

I'm liking the 3DS, 360 and PS3 numbers. All seem pretty solid.

Should be interesting to see when/if the Vita's weekly numbers pass 100k. I imagine it'll have a few weeks that it does, at least.

I kind of hope the Wii ends up eventually hitting 100m as well, eventually. The thing HAS been keeping up fairly well, considering that its successor is almost out and it hasn't had much support in ages. So, it deserves that milestone.

3DS numbers look totally awesome to be honest. Healthy in every region. I hope Vita can bump it up to ~100k per week over the holidays, but I somehow doubt it.

Edit: I'm afraid US people buy Wii's in anticipation of the new Controller launching next week. Here in germany we still have people who rate 3DS games on amazon 1/5 stating that they didn't know the newest Layton does not work on a regular DS console. Fucking casual curse.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:

Here in germany we still have people who rate 3DS games on amazon 1/5 stating that they didn't know the newest Layton does not work on a regular DS console. Fucking casual curse.

These are no real ratings, obviously some trolls that wrote the 1/5 comments on amazon.

pezus said:
Also, the highest selling AC game will be ACII on PS3 soon enough.

ACII should be the best selling AC game on both the PS3 and 360.  I'm guessing with games on demand numbers its ahead of the first game on the 360 also, even if it always stays slightly behind when it comes to physical copies.

z101 said:
Chandler said:

Here in germany we still have people who rate 3DS games on amazon 1/5 stating that they didn't know the newest Layton does not work on a regular DS console. Fucking casual curse.

These are no real ratings, obviously some trolls that wrote the 1/5 comments on amazon.

Some of them are indeed trolls, but others are sadly real. Some of them are confirmed amazon sells.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.