By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW & SW up ! (3rd November)

Chris Hu said:
pezus said:
Also, the highest selling AC game will be ACII on PS3 soon enough.

ACII should be the best selling AC game on both the PS3 and 360.  I'm guessing with games on demand numbers its ahead of the first game on the 360 also, even if it always stays slightly behind when it comes to physical copies.

I predict that AC3 will also be the best selling AC on Wii U to date.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
Chandler said:

3DS numbers look totally awesome to be honest. Healthy in every region. I hope Vita can bump it up to ~100k per week over the holidays, but I somehow doubt it.

Edit: I'm afraid US people buy Wii's in anticipation of the new Controller launching next week. Here in germany we still have people who rate 3DS games on amazon 1/5 stating that they didn't know the newest Layton does not work on a regular DS console. Fucking casual curse.

thats hilarious

kowenicki said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:
Pretty amazing how the 360 is hanging on without the formal price cut.

Enters its 8th year on sale within the next 2 weeks and to be on top on its 8th anniversary (as it will be) is unreal.

7th*, or are you already predicting holiday sales next year?

7th... Sorry, I meant it is entering its 8th year.

But even on its 7th to be on top is amazing.  Has that ever been achieved before for a home console (PS2)? Doubt it ever will again.

Its not really that amazing if no new consoles get released. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

kowenicki said:

Enters its 8th year on sale within the next 2 weeks and to be on top on its 8th anniversary (as it will be) is unreal.

7th year. It released in 2005.

2012 - 2005 = 7

I'm surprised so many people think its been 8 years. Many game journalists have made the same mistke.

samuship said:
I don't know, I thought 60k for the week of the biggest release of the year for the Vita was a poor number...

It is poor, but considering the sales of previous weeks, any sort of boost is welcome.
I think the game will have legs, and combined with the Black Ops bundle next week, it should post modest holiday sales.

There are some stores doing Vita bundles for $199. I think we'll see a huge boost to the Assassin's Creed bundle in particular.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

The Xbox 360 will have it's 7th birthday on the 16th November so where the hell do you get 8th or are you just that bad at math?

sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:

Europe...... WTF?

That AC3 exclusive contentdidnt exactly pay off now did it :P

Actually, I'm pretty sure it did...

Unless it sells more then the 360 version, I dont know why Sony spends time trying to chip  away at games that are more 360 centric. Battlefield also comes to mind. Waste in resources IMO.

Vgchartz data isn't the most accurate. I would call AC3 launch week a statistical tie on PS3+360.
With the current AC3 PS3 bundle I see AC3 outselling the 360 version before the end of the year easily.

OT:
-AC3 bundle provided a nice boost for PS3 in Europe and a small one in the US. Boost will continue throughout the holidays.
-PSV AC3:L bundle posted a smaller boost than I expected. I think Vita will only continue to go up from here.
-Looks like the $99 Xbox w/ contract is really helping the 360 in the US. 
-3DS selling below PS3 in both US and Europe. Not good. But comparing it to the PSV, it is selling like hotcakes.
-DS needs to die.
-Wii selling above Vita? The console is supposedly dead. This is not good. I can see the Wii outselling the Wii U this holiday.

Don't worry guys, Vita sold all those new US consoles on its own, because AC3: Liberation only sold 3,000 copies this week in the USA:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4858362 (61k pre-orders)

Wait, no, this just gives me even more reason to be disappointed with the pre-order charts here.

Ragnarok Odyssey has done oddly well, 40k FW is like half what it has sold physical in Japan lifetime. Nay bad.

Kinda disappointed with NFS: Most Wanted too. I guess it is alienating both the Burnout crowd and the NFS fans.

Argh_College said:
Halo should give 360 a nice boost aswell Black Ops 2 and Black Friday.

December it will heavilly depent on how Kinect does, either way 360 will sell more than 10m this year.

There is no Black OPs 2 bundle on 360 this year. 

Will it get a boost? Yes. But so will PS3.

VGKing said:
kowenicki said:

7th year. It released in 2005.

2012 - 2005 = 7

I'm surprised so many people think its been 8 years. Many game journalists have made the same mistke.

2005-2006 = 1st year
2006-2007 = 2nd year
2007-2008 = 3rd year
2008-2009 = 4th year
2009-2010 = 5th year
2010-2011 = 6th year
2011-2012 = 7th year
2012-2013 = 8th year

"...enters its 8th year..."