By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW & SW up ! (3rd November)

shanbcn said:
Kynes said:
shanbcn said:
Aura7541 said:
I'm surprised that the PS3 outsold the 360 last week. Usually around this time, the 360 starts outselling the PS3. Of course, now Halo 4 is out, the 360 is going to definitely outsell the PS3 this week. Tales of Xillia 2 didn't move as many PS3's as I thought, though it was released near the end of last week. Perhaps we might see a larger PS3 sales boost in Japan this week.

360 is still overtracked by 500k for December 2011. NPD 1.7m while VGZ shows almost 2.3m for 360, and PS3 overtracked by 140k. If we correct those sales according to NPD then difference between both consoles last year is basically nothing WW in december.

VGZ 360 WW December 2011: 3.97m (3.49m adjusted)

VGZ PS3 WW December 2011: 3.44m (3.3m adjusted)

Difference of about just 200k in most important month. Since sales in US are declining it seem PS3 will outsell 360 this December.

Those 500K overtracked must have been sold in another countries, because MS shipped 2 million more consoles than the number VGChartz says were sold that quarter. You can't do that simple math, if it's overtracked in USA, it doesn't mean MS sold 500K less worldwide.

Which other countries? Its not like we dont get reports from Nintendo every quarter about sales in Europe.

Tell me how there were >2 millions in stock and MS shipped 1.4M in the next quarter. It doesn't add. The most plausible explanation is those consoles not sold in USA were sold in any other country.

Around the Network
Kynes said:
shanbcn said:
Kynes said:
shanbcn said:
Aura7541 said:
I'm surprised that the PS3 outsold the 360 last week. Usually around this time, the 360 starts outselling the PS3. Of course, now Halo 4 is out, the 360 is going to definitely outsell the PS3 this week. Tales of Xillia 2 didn't move as many PS3's as I thought, though it was released near the end of last week. Perhaps we might see a larger PS3 sales boost in Japan this week.

360 is still overtracked by 500k for December 2011. NPD 1.7m while VGZ shows almost 2.3m for 360, and PS3 overtracked by 140k. If we correct those sales according to NPD then difference between both consoles last year is basically nothing WW in december.

Difference of about just 200k in most important month. Since sales in US are declining it seem PS3 will outsell 360 this December.

Those 500K overtracked must have been sold in another countries, because MS shipped 2 million more consoles than the number VGChartz says were sold that quarter. You can't do that simple math, if it's overtracked in USA, it doesn't mean MS sold 500K less worldwide.

Which other countries? Its not like we dont get reports from Nintendo every quarter about sales in Europe.

Tell me how there were >2 millions in stock and MS shipped 1.4M in the next quarter. It doesn't add. The most plausible explanation is those consoles not sold in USA were sold in any other country.

Overshipment, just like Sony over shipped PS3 in 3rd quarter. Here is European 2011 sales.

This EU chart cover 4 big countries, UK, France, Germany and Spain. 

So combining EU chart sales with NPD and Japan last December 2011 360 outsold PS3 by 230k in in those 3 regions. And outside of NA and UK PS3 outsell 360 so actuall difference maybe less.

360 sales: 2.8m WW

PS3: 2.57m WW

There is still around 15-20% of market left which include rest of the world. Australia & Italy ( and rest of EU) where PS3 outsold 360 and Canada where must likely 360 outsold PS3.

shanbcn said:
Kynes said:
shanbcn said:
Kynes said:
shanbcn said:
Aura7541 said:

Overshipment, just like Sony over shipped PS3 in 3rd quarter. Here is European 2011 sales.

So combining EU chart sales with NPD and Japan last December 2011 360 outsold PS3 by 230k in in those 3 regions. And outside of NA and UK PS3 outsell 360 so actuall difference maybe less.

There is still around 15-20% of market left which include rest of the world. Australia & Italy ( and rest of EU) where PS3 outsold 360 and Canada where must likely 360 outsold PS3.

It still doesn't add. If MS overshipped 2 million consoles, explain me how they shipped 1.4 millions more the next quarter, retailers don't buy consoles if they have tons in the warehouse, as you imply.

Kynes said:
shanbcn said:
Kynes said:
shanbcn said:
Kynes said:
shanbcn said:
Aura7541 said:

It still doesn't add. If MS overshipped 2 million consoles, explain me how they shipped 1.4 millions more the next quarter, retailers don't buy consoles if they have tons in the warehouse, as you imply.

No one said that lmfao.

PS3, xbox and 3DS seem to do well, much better than everything else. Assassin's Creed III and Need For Speed had decent openings too, although FIFA 13 nearly beat NFS lol. It's nice to see a vita game in the top 20, i though assassin's creed would do well (for a vita game), vita needs more games like it, in terms of quality

The next 2 weeks should be interesting, halo 4 and black ops II, xbox should lead but i don't expect it to lead by much. Who thinks Black Ops II will break the launch day record? I think it could.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Kynes said:
shanbcn said:
Kynes said:

No one said that lmfao.

Learn to read, is in shanbcn post. He's saying that not only there were 2 million consoles unsold, but there are half a million more due to the vgchartz overtracking related to the December NPD... So there are 2.5 million consoles unsold. Do you really believe that in a quarter where MS sells more or less one-one and a half million consoles, with 2.5 millions in the channel, they are going to sell 1.4 million more? It's absurd.

the Yakuza collection is there,is Of men and Orcs out yet

all the biggish titles like NFS,NBA,WWE,MoH etc will sell fine in the coming weeks as people pick up presents

i quite like the sound of XCOM after reading the review,i think i'll pick it up

how much are we overtracking globally here then for the PS3 and 360 do you think

Above & Beyond

HW: Excellent 3DS and PS3, very good XB360.
Very strong domination of PS3 in Europe and XB360 in North America,
awesome 3DS nintendomination in Japan.

SW: Excellent AC III launch.

Japan HW & SW: PS3 gets the first 3 places for SW, with three launches, of which the first quite big,
are its HW sales undertracked there? Just +2% HW with +128% SW?

Optimism's corner: awesome best percent boost for PSV!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

GT5 (Week 102)

+ Sold 41,024 (+3%) units in this week.

+ 8,090,815 LTD.

+ 1,040,923 in 2012.

+ Down from 30th to 35th.

+ Lowest week: 9,628 (Week 24)

+ Highest week: 2,335,820 (Week 1)

+ Average: 79,321 per week

* LEGZ
* UNDERTRACKEDZ
* At this rate outsell 2011 sales is possible

PS3 NEW MILLION SELLERS THIS WEEK